Already appreciated

Now worth $3,000,000

Post more newish cars that have already appreciated in value

Other urls found in this thread:

rmsothebys.com/sj15/motor-city/lots/2005-ford-gt/1076008
twitter.com/AnonBabble

one private sale above msrp does not equate to market value.

Just realized this car is in its teenage years

Odd how this was the cheap alternative to the Ferrari F430 and the Lamborghini Gallardo. And now those two are worthless while this one keeps on the up and up.

What's doing this? Nostalgia? Lower production rates?

>american cars
>appreciating in value

She was $140,000 new. Dirt cheap compared to her competitors.

rmsothebys.com/sj15/motor-city/lots/2005-ford-gt/1076008

>teenage years

What? The car's first MY was 2005. If anything it's in it's pre-teen years jamming out to whatever musical feature will be playing at this year's Nickelodean Kids' Choice Awards.

Lots of cars have. Just look at how much a Buick GNX costs. That thing doesn't even have a V8.

I realized a year or two ago how naive I've been about the GT. I was watching the value of Vipers, R8s, Porsches, and GT-Rs declining (some quite rapidly) and then saw like a Super Speeders with a GT in it and thought "those must be cheap now, they were like $150k new." Boy was I wrong.

Two GNXs were turned in to cash for clunkers.

Lots of cars were. What's your point?

That a car is still worth its market value regardless of its condition?

Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm trying to say how stupid it was for people to turn a car like the GNX in. I could see even a Grand National T-Type winding up there, but the GNX is a special breed of car.

From the trend
>last v8 gt
>last supercharged ford supercar
>the only retro styled ford gt that will ever exist
>roughly 3500 produced, probably several hundred wrecked

>2016
>being retard

Most people view cars as nothing more than appliances. They dont care how rare or special edition something is. They care about 'features'

>>last supercharged ford supercar

How many supercharged supercars has Ford made?

> yfw a buddy of mine has a black laferrari with tan interior. He said he'd sell it for 4.3million.

Fuck that, I'll buy a koeineingnigggggggggggseeeeegggggg

I'd like to suggest the Volvo S60 Polestar,dunno if it's true but logically it should make sense.They didn't import many to the US,either.

Cayman gt4

Shelby made a supercharged Cobra in the 60s
and that's basically it besides the ford GT.

the GT500 is just a V6 mustang with a giant engine that overpowers everything.

>the GT500 is just a V6 mustang with a giant engine that overpowers everything.
....so a v8?

i meant chassis wise

>Shelby made a supercharged Cobra in the 60s
If a one off personal project counts as a superchaged ford supercar, then that's not "basically it besides the ford GT".

Isn't any mustang variety a V6 mustang without the V6? Just like a Mustang with a V6 is a V8 Mustang without the V8??

Pretty much. That guy just has oxygen supply issues to his brain.

>the GT500 is just a V6 mustang with a giant engine that overpowers everything.

Not really.

There's no upgrades that the Shelby Mustangs of the '60s got that wasn't addressed in the newer ones. Furthermore the Shelby Mustangs with the optional supercharger were prepared by Shelby with no involvement from Ford. Ford built the Shelby-spec Mustangs from 1969 until 1970 and none of them were supercharged.

If you were to consider the old Shelby Mustangs as supercars, then surely the new ones should count, too. Ford built supercharged 5th-gen Mustangs until 2013. By that logic, the GT wasn't the last supercharged Ford supercar.

I don't think that drongo's talking about 60s Shelby Mustangs. Pretty sure he's talking about Carol's own personal Supersnake.

I knew a few screws were loose there. Buts it's 2:10am and I gotta humor some bullshit.

Those weren't really "Ford" cars, though. They just had a Ford engine. It'll be like calling the old McLaren Can-Am cars a "Chevy."

looks like a supercharger to me boss.

Oh, I agree 100%, hence my post here

He made 2, so it would be two off personal project

either way, hardly deserving of the "supercar" title.

Bread on hood

Ferraris not mine, buck-o. If it was I wouldn't have mentioned it.

These things tripled in price in a couple years. Fuck you Paul Walker

gt350r will appreciate gaurenteed

rich fucks that probably was banned by ferrari or can't get in line is the market value.

I wonder tim the tool man tailor still has his

I don't think Paul Walker had anything to do with it. The Carrera GT was holding onto its value pretty well before he decided to ride shotgun to his own death. The car had a manual transmission, RWD, clean '90s-ish aesthetic, and a V10 which was fairly unique for Porsche. As such it holds it has a traditionalist appeal for people that love old-school driving experiences.

You might be right, but the price spike happened rather precisely after he bit the dust.

As for more content, the SLS AMG seems to be holding its value rather well, especially the Black Series models

The GNX's actual value is hard to pinpoint. There have been a two ultra-low mileage (under 1000 miles) examples that have sold for 80-110k at auction I'm aware of, but these things go for sale so infrequently it's difficult to estimate a true market value. The only other one I've seen for sale has been available for nearly 3 years at 99k and hasn't sold. They've definitely increased in value any way you cut it, but I don't think the six figure numbers are and accurate market reflection.

It's an extremely Niche car. Most people dropping that kind of cash would rather buy something more showy. People who would rather DRIVE one, would be more likely to buy a GN and modify it with GNX goodies for a fraction of the price.

It was initially reported to be one. Blogs ran with that headline, but it turned out to be a GN. Normies (including many auto journalists) rarely can tell the difference between the two and people who think they know something often call the GN a GNX.

GT500s are down to 30k for 2009 models, they were almost 60k new right? I think GT350R will be similar