Veeky Forums hates BRZ

Why does Veeky Forums hate the BRZ so much?

>inb4 MUH STRAIGHT LINE SPEED

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0TPg0Qwj5vA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The engine isn't very good or fun. It has a weird torque dip and sounds like a broken vacuum cleaner with a exhaust. And it could've stood to get another 20hp or be $2000 cheaper (I honestly feel if it did people would change their mind by a lot)

People like Veeky Forums whined for years about how nobody made simple, cheap, low-powered sports cars like they did in the 80's and 90's. Then someone finally made one and it was underwhelming, just like the cars they idolized.

torque dip? wat

It's a poser car.
I see mostly Chinese girls and fuccbois driving the automatic in my area.

Uneven power band, Car looses torque through the mid rpms

Personally I like the GT86, don't care for the BRZ. I wish it was solely a toyota project and didn't have subura's meme engine it

I like it, I just wish it had a conventional straight 4.
But damn do UEL headers sound good.

>But damn do UEL headers sound good.

Because for a bit more money you could get a 370Z or you could buy a used 350Z and use the savings for upgrades and maintenance.

Because I don't want it eating all of my oil.

>why does Veeky Forums dwellers hate things
Veeky Forums hates cars, /v/ hates vidya, /tv/ hates movies... It's a given.
And to be honest, brz is a brilliant car. Manual only

i got a car with more than 200 tq

Saw a stanced one the other day. It looked really cool and had a nice exhaust system. That's the problem though, it's all bark. If it wasn't gutless, Veeky Forums would love it. And honestly, you wouldn't get any replies other than that simple explanation but you intentionally wrote your post to be as unintelligent and inflammatory as possible.

Honestly though I've probably seen this exact same thread 100+ times and it's really just indicative of the low level pointless discussion this board has. Nobody talks about car news beyond an extremely basic level. It's just people with extremely limited knowledge like op babbling about topics they don't know/really care about for the (You)'s. To top it off, people get extremely bitchy and mean to each other over ehat amounts to dick waving over your favorite color. This really is the worst board.

Heavy car with low output 4 banger.

It looks nice though.

Fuck off Nissan shill

He's not wrong though. A 350Z or 370Z is a massive step-up from the BRZ.

In what way, besides power?

Why would anyone buy a 370z when you could have a c6 corvette? It weighs less, handles better, and makes way more power stock and modified

At least you can buy a brz for 24k new with an lsd. The base Z is 29k and doesn't even have an lsd.

Not to mention the fucking awful interior

Veeky Forums can't afford them. Veeky Forums is jealous.

Not the user you're talking to, but in my area a good clean 350z with under 100k odo is about 8500 in my area. Even if I buy one and put a retarded 10 grand into the thing it's still 8k cheaper than the BRZ and with 10k in work to it, it will assuredly blow the doors off most things on the road if I wanted to hoon it like a shit head.

I don't know why people continue to think that it's just because the thing is slow in a straight line. It isn't just about that. There are now better cars, for the same price, that are faster in a straight line AND handle better.

The ND Miata, the Ecoboost Mustang, and hell even the new four pot Camao outperform the GT86 in EVERY way, not just ONE way.

Why not just buy a miata for 1k and drop in an ls1 for an additional $500?

Not everyone wants a 2 seater convertible for their DD though.

The mustang is 1000lbs heavier than the 86, not really in the same class imo.

I wouldn't mind test driving the new camaro though. I've sat in one and it still feels really fucking big.

should come with a stock turbo desu

as it stands, BRZ is cool but Miata and Mustang both do the job better

Weight doesn't exist in a vacuum though. Horsepower and weight balance each other out. A fighter jet weighs a fuckton but it can also maneuver like almost nothing else.

Because I'm a torque junkie and refuse to buy a car with less than 300 horsepower. Deal with it.

>The mustang is 1000lbs heavier than the 86, not really in the same class imo.
The sad part is that it is faster in all respects. You are right. The 86 is not in as high of a class.

it the 240sx of this age

and a lot of us cant afford it and those of us who can want something better.

that being said i will one day pick one up used when they sell for 10-15k and keep it in a buble and sell it to the newer edgy kids for a shit load of money

>i know what i got.

Cant tell me that the mustang handles better than the 86

>370z when you could have a c6 corvette?
For a DD, I do think that the Vette will be better. That lift hatch has a surprising amount of room since it doesn't have a rear brace running through it like the Z cars. Also I think the clutch is a bit more forgiving.

>Not to mention the fucking awful interior
370 improved much on the 350's horrendous interior. Pretty much every used 350 I look at has significant black paint chipping in all the same spots. Terrible job from Nissan.

Did you just compare a 4 cylinder mustang to a fighter jet?

If I wanted a fast car I wouldn't have bought an 86 in the first place m8. If I could do it over again, I would still buy an 86 over an ecoboost, regardless of spec sheets.

>I wasn't even trying to go fast guys
So you enjoy being a poser?

half of Veeky Forums doesn't own a car and/or a licence
think of this before you take this board seriously ever again

I just like driving desu.

Anyone can buy/mod a fast car. It takes time to become a fast driver though. Have you ever been to a track in your life user?

You realize there are different styles of driving? Right user?
I get it, you like to track your slow car. Some people enjoy modding cars to make them faster, be it for drag or just for hectic skids.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of power for it's styling and the weird torque curve. If it had a normal torque curve and say, 250 HP, it'd be the perfect car.

Yeah, a regular I-4 would have made it fan-fucking-tastic.

>It takes time to become a fast driver though. Have you ever been to a track in your life user?
Lol. Nobody here is trying to become a professional racecar driver. Calm your autism.

>And handle better
u w0t?

It's to sports cars what nerf is to guns.
It's not inherently bad and is fun in its own way and has potential to modify it quite a bit, but out of the box it's the pretend version of the real deal.

>It's to sports cars what airshit is to guns.

Fixed your analogy.

light,rwd,cheap,notamiata, inb4 other used cars i should have gotten i wanted something new that hasn't been beat to shit.People complain about the price but it's really not that much considering what miatas and civic si's cost.350z is a very good option if you don't mind a used car beat to piss.Luckily i have nice backroads to enjoy and have zero regrets, you fags will be praising this car in 15 years when they are mostly salvaged like 240's and dirt cheap

I distinctly remember Veeky Forums being over the moon with the BRZ when it first came out. I guess the novelty has faded.

>be me
>live in college town
>everyone's parents bought the meme car for them
>I drive e46 325 with intake and suspension, otherwise stock
>walk away from everyone I see
>have 6k total invested in car

Feels good

yet your jealousy remains

sad but true, so many fuccboi owners

What am I jealous of exactly?

>the brplz is a better performance vehicle than an e46 with upgraded suspension
The circle jerk around these cars is hilarious

fixed

>everyone spent their financial aid money on financing a shit car for 7 years

>Some people enjoy modding cars to make them faster, be it for drag or just for hectic skids.
I understand that. Obviously someone looking for drag isn't going to buy an 86.

I don't have to be a professional to want to try and improve my skills. Luckily I'm less than 3 hours from 3 of the best tracks in California.

Too bad you have a car that limits your ability to become faster at those tracks

Getting a BRZ to take to the track seems like a demonstration in futility.

Don't get me wrong, it's an attractive looking car, and probably goes over well with girls in braces.. But so do windowless vans.

People probably hate it more and more since people keep making this same exact thread.

What organization are you doing trackdays with?

/ovg/

He's not, he's just trying to justify owning one. 5 years from now when he's still making payments on his meme tier shitbox he might have actually tracked it, but he hasn't yet.

because Veeky Forums is full of poorfags and benchracers

because faggots like exist

Why does it draw in such fucking faggots?

Because their parents are the ones footing the bill

>likes to drive
>enjoys going to the track
>labeled a faggot.
I wouldn't expect anything less on Veeky Forums.

Nice try. I own a house and garage my car. Can you say the same?

Are you trying to samefag?
At least change up your filenames faggot.

You know what don't even bother responding to me because I won't even see your faggot reply. I win. Later faggot.

Here is your reply.

Double nigger

>I won't even see your faggot reply. I win. Later faggot.
Veeky Forums in a nutshell

>plugs ears
>can't hear you
>i win

Are you old enough to post on this website?

Too little hp for its weight. Too expensive for its performance.
Very good potential. Make small change and have great sales.

>Too expensive for its performance
that's a Civic SI

I can, in fact I own 3 cars. The aforementioned e46 that walks away from these memes, a scout ii, and an e30 that I dd. Wife and I own a house with 2 car garage, and I have a shop with a bay door out back that the e46 lives in. Sorry you drive a meme bro

le superior bimmer man

>owning manufacturer specific tools
>knowing how to wrench on your own cars because you drive mutiple models of the same brand
People think this is a bad thing?

where did i say working on cars was bad thing?

You made it seem like he was an asshole for owning two bmws

but he is an asshole, what he owns is just the icing on the cake

Should have had a turbo

price would be 30k+ and you would still be bitching about cost

That's why most tracks are filled with miatas right?

Ncrc

Infineon and thunderhill. Next is Laguna seca

>Brags about being faster than a stock 86
You're not very bright, are you?

Also, I'm pretty sure the e30 is one of the original meme cars.

>in a 12 year old stock 325

>most tracks are filled with miatas right?
Citation needed.

It was a meme for a reason. These were all hype that underwhelmed everyone except morons who financed them

Negro, my bone stock srt4 ran high 13s, faster than your stock bimmer from the same year. What is your point?

I've been browsing here a year, and yes, you are right.

Miata is easily the most common car for non competitive track days. Never seen a stock BRZ/FRS at one, but I haven't been to any econo point by days with 100 cars at a time on the track

I wouldn't say it's the worst board. If you go to other boards, it's basically the exact same thing but the topics/details are different. Lots of posturing, shitposting, ignorance, some posters that know what they are talking about, and a bunch of idiots.

A BRZ is more like a well tuned version of the 80s shitboxes though, apart from the tires.

the problem is most owners are fags that would rather spend money on rocketbunny kits that cost 5k and stancing their shit, instead of adding a supercharger or turbo and better tires

There isn't anything inherently wrong with the car itself. It's an issue with the drivers. Most of the ones my age I've come across treat it like a WRX, trying to race people at the lights and belting out of the McDonalds drive-thru in a failed bid to impress the slag taking orders.

The older ones bought it as their midlife crisis car. I guess top trim Commodores and Falcons have too many doors for them.

>tfw no clean 180SX to fuck up

You could say that for the majority of enthusiast cars though. It's easier to make your car look fast than make it actually perform better.

fuckman just why, they wanna do that just do it to a civic or volkswagen. That car looks like it just came from collision, let alone these poorly constructed widebody kits straight out a scrapyard

>offensive fitment

>You could say that for the majority of enthusiast cars though.

majority of miata owners are pretty cool though.

>That's why most tracks are filled with miatas right?

because miata's can be pretty quick. it's sooooo easy to turbo an NA/NB miata. And it being so lightweight you don't wear out your consumables that fast.

It's basically a modern 944S2.

Fun to drive on curvy roads.

>majority of miata owners are pretty cool though
youtube.com/watch?v=0TPg0Qwj5vA

I got mine cause I liked it

nah, it's more like a modern 240sx

i said majority, not all

No, it's just the masses started to like them which means it wasn't hip to like it anymore by Veeky Forums's standards.

You're a total retard for saying something like this.

Its just a dumb meme

To be fair if you super/turbo charge an 86 you'd need new tires as well. Those stock tires are absolute garbage.

cuz this

So how's that turbodiesel treating you?

A fighter jet is actually massive shit at maneuvering. Its turn radius is measured in miles. If you go to WW2 prop fighters, those could turn on a dime. They also weigh a lot less.