Pontiac Solstice

What does Veeky Forums think of the Pontiac Solstice? It seems like a more unique alternative to a Miata. It's faster and pretty cheap, I've seen them around 10k. Are they any good?
>inb4 2900 lbs is pigfat

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t6nV12oMIm4
caranddriver.com/comparisons/2006-mazda-mx-5-miata-vs-pontiac-solstice-comparison-tests
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The last thread you made deemed that 2900lb is, in fact, pig fat.

Also, the Miata of the same year has a faster 0-60 and handles better than the solstice, or the sky.
:^)

Last thread?

Nvm that thread was dead before it started I'm gonna go kill myself now see Ya

Its just a rebadged saturn sky. From one dying company to the next lol

Literally a bargain bit parts car, just like the sky. Dont let that fool you though. There are some very happy twin owners that post here. They have only good things to say.

>Its just a rebadged saturn sky.

The Sky is just a rebadged Opel GT which is just a rebadged Daewoo G2X. It's the 21st Century, user. The auto industry has been globalized for years. Deal with it.

Best motoring had a little review of it and Tsuchiya himself said it was better than the NC

get the turbo version
they're pretty fun cars

great car, cooler than miata, looks nicer and is unfortunately very underrated

The sky looks better to my eyes. And both are still pre 2011 gm cars.

>parts bin car designed by a team of retarded monkeys

It was a decent competitor to the NB, but then the very next year the NC blew it away.

>that trunk release handle

Just in case someone gets trapped in there

i-it could happen

PIGFAT
I
G
F
A
T

DISGUSTING

>Best motoring had a little review of it and Tsuchiya himself said it was better than the NC

he was probably just trying to be polite, they did fly him all the way to the states after all

Literally who thought that was a good idea? What is that even for?

what an obscure picture

"google, I need a picture of a girl fitting into a pontiac solstice's impossibly small trunk"

>Pontiac Solstice
>faster
it's only faster because the reason any american car is "faster"

they threw in the biggest motor that the assembly line hadn't fucked up that day and that could fit in it on day 1 of production and said FUCK YOU to basically every other consideration a driver has like MPG (gets 19/28 vs the Miata's 26/38) braking and handling, and good old american NONEXISTENT reliability.

>implying a 2.0t is a big engine

I'm sorry you live in eurocuck land where you get taxed 70% on engines bigger than 1.6L

> implying we're talking about the Ecoboost engine

Your original post says "$10k." That's strictly 2.4-liter territory. An engine that makes a whopping three more horsepower than the NC MX-5's 2.0-liter MZR.

>Also, the Miata of the same year has a faster 0-60 and handles better than the solstice, or the sky.
>:^)
>slightly faster by a tenth of a second
>:oh yea guys. That Mazda is noticably faster
Your ass isn't gonna notice 2 tenths of a second. They're equally slow.
>and handles better than the solstice, or the sky.
nope. Even the Japanese preferred the Pontiac over the Miata.
youtube.com/watch?v=t6nV12oMIm4
Where's your god now?

No. The Pontiac came first.

Nope. The Saturn came before the Opel or the Daewoo. The Opel GT is a rebadged Saturn Sky, as heavily evidenced by the fact they were built in America and then shipped to Europe.

base model Solstice's got a 2.4L with ~170 HP. The 2.0T was reserved for the performance Solstice GXP and Sky Redline.

>GM
>Ecoboost

The GXPs are only like a grand or two more. Even still, a 2.4 is not a big engine and it makes more torque than the miata as well. The real deciding factor that makes the two close is the gearing on the Solstice, not the engine.

Ive been driving a Solstice GXP since I bought it new in 07. Its a great car. The turbo versions are quick, and there were multiple suspensions setup available from GM from tame in the base to full auto x with the Z0K. They dominated SCCA for a reason.

caranddriver.com/comparisons/2006-mazda-mx-5-miata-vs-pontiac-solstice-comparison-tests

Not to interrupt the shitflinging, but there's a period comparison between the Solstice and NC MX-5