2016 Ford Mustang GT

Hi all. Just got a new mustang GT. Haven't heard too much about its reliability and build quality. Please share any opinion you have on the matter

my opinion is that you are a fag and mustangs are primarily driven by women.

It's a great car for driving to the grocery store to buy food for you to cook for your man before he takes you in the pooper.

...You are a woman, right?

Don't listen to those guys, I'm sure you and your wife's kid will have fun with it.

I am actually, great choice then!

Since when are GTs girly cars? Stock they have 400lb ft of torque.. Run 0-60 in 4.3 seconds.

Build quality is decent. The Coyote engine is known for being pretty reliable. Interior is good for what it is especially if you have the recaros.

nice, pics?

mad
any mods planned op?

Auto or manual

you are a women

I think they're pretty solid. Only I'd look out for is correct fitment of body panels. I've seen some guys on YouTube complaining about panel gap on their '15-16 Mustangs.

How did you pay for it?

buttseks

No one gives a flying fuck about how much torque your engine makes. Torque numbers by themselves are meaningless. Power is what matters.

The actual torque at the wheels depends on both engine torque and rpm (to take advantage of gearing). The combined measurement of rpm and torque is called power.

>driven by women.
I literally have never seen a Coyote 'Stang driven by a female.

wait so you got a car that you haven't heard shit on op? I like stangs but seriouly what the fuck?

The only issues these stangs tend to have is wheel hop on hard launches, which can be fixed with a few mods. They are for the most part reliable. fuck face

Manual transmissions used to have some issues but have been sorted out with the new gen. Early productions of new gen had panel gap issues but they appear to have been sorted. Coyote is a god tier motor.

Ignore shitposters.

Well thanks for the useless lection, fuckhead

forums have reported a few things
panel gap issues
5.0L valvetrain noise
those china 6 speeds shift like shit when cold.
bad orange peel on some spots
bolts poorly painted over.

but it's a ok car with average reliability.
and i'm a cheby fag

Welcome to the club. What color did you get? Base GT or premium?

>Power is what matters

Literally the definition of torque...

If anything matters more than torque is horse power.

If you've already bought the vehicle, why would you ask Veeky Forums about reliability now?

>Just got a new mustang GT
>Haven't heard too much about its reliability and build quality
so you bought a car without any research whatsoever? Are you that retarded?

Take off the 5.0 and GT badge and replace it with the horse

>using the same transmission for v6, turbo 4 and v8 engines for cost reasons
>use a better tremec transmission for gt350

I wonder how many mustang owners know about their chinese-made transmissions

Probably as many who know about their Chinese made computer or cell phone.

If you're buying a car for less than $100k expect chink shit in it, it's a fact of life move on already.

>Since when are GTs girly cars? Stock they have 400lb ft of torque.. Run 0-60 in 4.3 seconds.

Girl cars have nothing to do with numbers, and everything to do with image. V6 mustangs have always been girl cars regardless of the fact that the newer ones are 300+ hp RWD coupes that outrun pretty much every previous GT mustang. Girls don't buy cars for their power figures, they buy them because they think they look nice, or make other girls jealous, or because it's a nice accent to their wardrobe, or if they are moms because they want to keep their spawn safe by buying a tank.

>Haven't heard too much about its reliability and build quality.

Because it's a mustang, its one of the oldest car lines still in production, they are hilariously unremarkable when it comes to quality and reliability, no one cares, it's like asking if a fucking toyota camry is a reliable car.

Mustangs are popular cars, you should be able to find plenty of info in model-specific forums. All you're going to get from Veeky Forums is butthurt shitposting from weebs and poorfags.

Enjoy the car though, if my shitbox died tomorrow I'd seriously consider replacing it with a new GT.