Are you involved with your local car club?

are you involved with your local car club?

there is no car culture where i live, so no.

Where you at? It's hard to even imagine that such a place exists.

>guys I know the perfect spot for a meet
>where?
>the Dillard's parking lot bro

pic was taken before or after the big caffeine and octane car show

its at the mall

No, most of the car clubs in my area are either for spics, vapefags/stancefags, or brotrucks.

no
cars are gay

>implying car culture
I live in a progreesive, student-filled city in the middle of nowhere in a tiny country in >yurop where cars are taxed to shit.

my local miata club, yes

If you don't participate in an organized car club.

Do you have a group of friends to dick around with?

Or does your enjoyment of cars only go as far as your own vehicle(s).

No, it's nothing but dude-bros and wiggers.

Yep, 80% of the vehicles are shit though. I just go take pics of some of the cars I think look neat and chat with the owners of said vehicles.

Thinking of starting a classic jdm club but there aren't a ton of Jdm guys here

No, I have bettwr shit to do than stare at other people's shit boxes while they rip huge vape clouds

Since I only own a stock civic and I have no intention of modding it at all, I know it's not for me

I don't really see my car as much more than an appliance and I doubt Suzuki has much of a following in NA anymore since they were axed a few years ago...

I mean maybe if it was a jimmy or something cool like an x-90 but my car is automatic and fwd...

Nope, my car is too shit to be part of it. Also, is there even anything left inside that mall or is it just an empty husk now?

Because I drive a Renegade, Jeep meets won't accept me, neither will Fiat meets.

>dullards

Yes indeed. Although my car is still bricked so i wont be associating with them in the immediate future

Fwd isn't a downside

I don't know of any halfway decent clubs around DeKalb, most of them are in the suburbs and Chicago proper. I've got my cousins out here, though, and we often help each other fix stuff and joke about things.

>friends

wew lad

Why do you even come to Veeky Forums? What the fuck?

i second this question with

>I don't really see my car as much more than an appliance
so why are you on Veeky Forums?
not bashing you or ur car just curious

Unfortunately, yes. The Toyota club is really bad though. Same with Honda. Team Mitsu and the Subaru club are the best. Nissan in between. Never met or have seen a German or American brand club. Almost want to sell my MK. III Supra just so I can be in a club with better people. The Toyota club I'm in is filled with broke vaping teenagers who would probably otherwise be shitposting on Veeky Forums if they didn't get a shitbox Celica from their uncle that they could stickerbomb. Team Mitsu had more people my age (late 20s) who were a lot more fun to hang out with and had a lot more invested in their vehicles. I think it takes a lot more commitment and resources to own an Evo.

I like cars I just don't want to waste my money on a shitbox civic plus the boy racer mentality of the civic clubs around here is just stupid to me

I don't come here often, I'm saving up to go back college. So wasting money on a car I'd rather be reliable than fast

Hard to own cars usually have the best communities, because they take dedication and effort.

Fuck off.

fair enough
no u

Heh, I'm not even trolling and I rustled your jimmies

I'll bet it was the boyracer comment, wasn't it? Only things that are true are the strongest jimmie rustlers.

I don't care if anyone does anything that doesn't effect me, if I had unlike item money I'd have a project car probably come old gm/Chevy with a small block in it and find a classic car club

Unlimited money*

Stupid fucking tablet

Where I live, the was a Corvette meet at a Italian restaurant that is next to Albertsons and Jack in the box.

There was about 20-35 corvettes.

I don't own one so I didn't go.

No what makes me mad is you claim to like cars but drive a fucking econobox and don't even care to do basic work on it. You don't fucking belong here.

Did u miss the part where he said he was saving for college.
Not everyone has the money or extra free time to spend on cars.

Then those people don't belong on a board about cars, car culture, and general automotive enjoyment. You treat your car like an appliance you're not an enthusiast and shouldn't be on a board that claims itself to be as such.

is this nigger serious

don't think so
no one can be that autistic

>enthusiast
>posts on Veeky Forums
Top fucking kek

>you can't like things you can't afford!
Come on, mate.

Wew lad I'm a transsexual trip- and namefag and you're a bigger shitposter.

Yes
Huge meet today
AMG represent

Several, and I've no been picked up as a photographer.

>no
Now

I don't know how to make it not awkward.

>not Asian
>live on campus but finished undergrad 3 years ago
>most of the club are still undergrad
>drive an old ass car kept in visually stock condition
>they drive sub 10 year old cars with sikk ass mods

How the fuck do you even talk to people after graduation? Like, the old fags who have the same car are too old to give a shit about talking to pleb owners in their mid 20s like me, but the young fucks are too entrenched in a car culture that I can't get a foot into because of my unwarranted superiority complex about me being 3 years old than them.

Stop being a bitch.

Where I live its either raised truck faggots with LED's, tow mirrors and lightbars or stanced faggots.

They all jack off to their favorite brand and shit on all others

Pic Related as its them

I do the basic work on my car but I can't afford tools past basic wrenches and a ratchet set
and I need the car up and running so I can't be wasting time trying to figure those major repairs or mods

I drive a shitbox because it's reliable that's what I need out of a car right now

Veeky Forums is all about performance as the only metric that a car should be judged by, but I can get into better cars when I have the money to sink into them

You in Windsor-Essex bro?

They're all of Ontario

Yeee

Unfortunately no. Every Subaru club around me is just a bunch of vapists in WRXs who don't really know anything and usually blow their cars up from a combination of abuse/bad tunes/zero knowledge with modifications. It sucks.

I live in an area brotrucks drivers are the norm, so it's just me and about 7 of my friends who kinda do our own thing with imports and whatnot, I'm cool with just that for the time being

I had another ST driver wave at me today

Nothing beats having a small group of friends who all enjoy cars to fuck around with and a garage full of tools and toys.

I agree 100%, we're all planning a trip to Carlise PA on the 20th, so we'll have a cool little convoy down there

I'd be in a subaru club with you, fåm

I mind if I join, too?

A few close friends of mine are. I don't care for the whole cars and coffee thing. Love hanging out and helping wrench though.

Unfortunately I'm in the middle group of car enthusiasts. I like performance and understated looks, but I like JDM/modern car tuning and boomers just don't get it. I don't vape or like stance/flares etc so I feel awkward at bro meets who mainly talk about their vape rigs and sikk cloudz.

Car culture is pretty shit, luckily it's a hobby that gives immense personal satisfaction.

and what do you drive?

You sound like a total twat btw

Yes I am
It consists of me and my friend

>Do you have a group of friends to dick around with?
Nah, they "grew up".

No because I find car clubs tend to be obnoxious people trying to live out their FATF fantasies or obnoxious rich people who buy 6-figure cars that cost as much as a house every 3 years and are completely unrelatable to us poors.

tfw no Audi friends or any car friends

We Veeky Forums's 2nd gen Legacy club now boiz

Well, here's the story
>2008
>someone on Facebook decided to arrange a local meet up
>about 12 people plus me showed up
>we started doing it every weekend
>more people started to show up
>in two years it became the place to hangout if you were into cars or had a car and just wanted to chill out
>it was good for those two years
>from then on it became a cancer show
>cops would get called because shitheads were making too much noise
>people started rivalries with each other and fights would break out constantly
>some guy got stabbed once
>the original 12 (+ me) decided to go hangout at other places
>we slowly started to drift apart from each other because of life situations
>it's the current year +1 and people you'd find now at the meet up place are mostly normie stancefags

Anyone here a member of the Massachusetts Miata Club? Another Mitas driver left a card for it on my seat.

I live next to one of the highest unemployment towns in WA, ranked #1 worst place to live here, Centralia.

I know of one meet up spot every Friday I've driven by and saw mostly 18-21 year olds in the most riced piles of Hondas and VW ever. It's a community college town so children run rampant.

I've seen a few other wrx/sti around but I don't know if they're passing through or what. Want to get in touch to make some kind of Subaru group.

I'm not a legacy but can I still join??

It's on the Legacy platform, I don't see why not.

I have a buddy who'll cruise with me in his Altima, but it has a CVT so I generally can't just hop on the throttle whenever I want to and expect him to keep up.
He managed to wreck his first car without a license. and just recently managed to somehow knock a rectangular hole in his fender (literally looks like someone cut it out like it was a jigsaw puzzle piece)
so whenever we go hooning, I make him ride shotgun.

Good lord no, I was actually looking at my local 4 wheeling club today, they're a bunch of safety obsessed faggots

>Top speed of 15mph at all times
>All cars need racing harnesses
>First aid kit, fire extinguisher, winch and radio mandatory
>Exhaust must be reasonably quiet as to not disturb the wildlife
>Leaving litter of any kind is a permaban offense
>One person only in each vehicle
>minimum of 5 cars lengths between each vehicle

>preventing litter is a bad thing

>Spitting out gum means you can't ever use the trails again you planet destroying monster

Why do they all have their fog lights on?

I'm not saying I don't like cars I'm just not in love with my current ride. It has an anemic non-VVT 2.0L 4 banger that struggles to make 143 HP. One day I hope to get something more fun with a manual though; I only bought this car because my 5-speed Nissan D22 (Frontier) shit the bed at 213,000 miles.

The last thing I would want is to step in gum barefoot.

Why would you be out on a mountain trail barefoot?

For the picture, most likely.

Bare-all, user, c'mon.

You're a bigger faggot than the 4x4 club

Become one with nature.

Eat V8 exhaust from my 8 hater pipes

post dick or gtfo

No, I'm a huge hermit but I have had a few invites from a friend and his S15.

Hell yeah

>Taking shots of area
>park at front because "press" spot
My car was out of place as fuck next.

Give you an idea of the size of the event, and how far away I was.

> Car club
What, a bunch of autist boomers? Or, worse, teenagers with modded econoboxes?

> Local
Don't think the locals could do a club for anything right. There'd be budgets and drama and conversational sniping and I'd end up punching someone for being a disrespectful little shit and refusing to stop touching my shit when asked.

Or the whole thing would fall apart shortly after I join, and reform under a different name and in a different place without me being informed. Or I'd walk into the aftermath of them doing that to drop someone else.

>I don't really see my car as much more than an appliance
Why are you here, then? If you don't like cars, why are you in a car forum?

>I drive a shitbox because it's reliable that's what I need out of a car right now
I think we've all known that feel.

Whoops, found the elitist trust fund baby stancefag. Go back to your boomer parents.

>Spitting out gum
Well, then you're exactly the kind of reckless gum-chewing dickwad they want to keep out.
Can't you just not chew gum?
Or are you an addict?

If I want to chew huge amounts of gum while rallying through the forest at 40+mph, deafening the wildlife with 5 people in the back and tailgating that's my business, the safety nazis are just turning away business from people that aren't raging faggots

>and what do you drive?
I drive.
What about you?

Don't think there's even one, and to be honest with my pleb-tier first car i'm still driving today I'd probably get laughed out of the meetings

>tfw it's either honda ricer clubs or coal burning diesel clubs

Do you really believe that because your car doesn't fill a certain criteria you cannot have fun with it?

>Veeky Forums is all about performance as the only metric that a car should be judged by, but I can get into better cars when I have the money to sink into them

That's why this board sucks cock. I recently came over from /k/ and nobody tells the guy who only has a Makarov that he isn't a real gun enthusiast, what matters is how well he can shoot it. I think it's a matter of people investing their egos in their hobby item. I see it from time to time with gun guys, more so as the price of the gun starts going up, and most usually level off at $1500 max. Now start talking about cars that cost a whole lot more. That dude who paid 40k or more for a car is going to be determined to shit on everything else to justify his purchase, much like Sig owners. I'm starting to believe that the people on this board who actually own sporty vehicles don't even drive them, but only take pictures of them and brag about their lap times.

> Dat cheeky Fiat on the ride

how kawaii

>organized car club
No classic car (it's a club of such), too distant = no.
>a group of friends to dick around with?
Only 2 fellow students into cars, we drive

What a very astute observation fellow /k/ommando. That really does put a new perspective on the hobby for me. Thanks.

you could be part of the diesel clube lel