/elyg/ - Elysium General

cheeki breeki edition

Anyone want to found the /elyg/ guild? Alliance or horde is fine but I already rolled an ally druid.

Other urls found in this thread:

valkyrie-wow.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=21523
strawpoll.me/10838982
discord.gg/K8u5n
valkyrie-wow.org/
forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=15215
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

isn't it next month or am i replying to bait? i can't tell with you nerds.

You can still play on it, actually. for testing. Your characters will be saved though iirc.

Ahh. Well I'm interested, I played on nost and a tiny bit on k1/2. I wasn't in a /wpsg/ guild. I'll try out Elysium at launch. Not sure that helps you now, heh,
Good luck! My vote is horde side but I also don't give a shit. Will be going shaman/paladin either way, possibly hunter.

> Your characters will be saved though iirc.

no they won't you fucking retard

what the fuck are you shit-posting about idiot

Oh right, sorry. I forgot that everyone is going to start at level 1.

memes

dead on arrival

I'm going to roll Horde. Not sure if Hunter or Druid yet. Just want to tag along in the raid crew, helping out.

We can level now for shits and giggles if you're down.

I don't want to get burned out so I'm just lurking /krog/ and playing other games right now. Thanks for the offer though.

What are you going to roll?

Druid, ally or horde, I frankly don't give a shit. Whatever has the larger playerbase. I'd like to found the /elyg/ guild though since I was late to the party for every other Veeky Forums vanilla guild.

Why the fuck are we having this thread a month early?
To talk about things we might hypothetically do once it begins?
At the very least wait until a few days before release.

Because /krog/ is cancerous currently. Also you can still play on it.

Keep the shilling in /krog/ guys, no point in having a thread a month early.

/krog/ has always been cancerous, but it's better than dedicating a thread to a currently non-existant server.
Yes, you can play on their Russian equivalent, but what's the point when Elysium will be a level playing field for everyone, starting-wise.
I certainly don't want to play with cykas unless they at least try to speak English.

Im in boys.

nobody wants to play with cykas
but assuming all of them abandon their valkyrie chars and reroll on elysium then we would only have like 200-300 or so. Which is less compared to how many there are on kronos
which reminds me, tell those niggers to stop spamming world chat

can we use gm commands on the PTR

ah nvm you can actually use gm commands, sweet

Are we rolling horde here? If so I think I'm going to play a warlock.

I think we are. I'm gonna be rolling a druid.

former kronocuck here, what are we rolling?

Horde most likely. /nosg/ was Alliance, /krog/ was horde then alliance, /elyg/ will be Horde.

suh dudes

Don't waste your time unless you speak russian

k

alright which one of you did this

it was my guildie actually, i was with him when he did it.

our guild is rolling horde if anyones interested.

just contact flappynoodle on elysium discord

if i could skip the level 1-30 horde side i would

whos leading the guild

>posting that image

Of course the board is dead, Patch 1.12.1 has been out for 10 years. Every single topic has been covered by someone else on another board. It's only there so guilds can recruit and so the mods can post updates. What the fuck do you want? yes i'm mad

>brand new server
>english only!!
>no english posts
You know how many forum posts nostalrius had? Even kronos had a lot and they were dead.

People posting on forums shows theyre hyped and excited to play.
Unfortunately that's not the case for elysium.
It's literally dead and it's not even out yet

back to your containment thread, kronoscuck

Did i hurt your feelings? Or are you realizing that the server is going to be low pop and filled with russians?
You should be thanking me, or this dead thread would archive again LOL

people are talking on discord and on here
and then there's you, being sour about something that doesnt even concern you

>no english posts
What?

>People posting on forums shows theyre hyped and excited to play.
Might be a valid point, but really what should people post?

>What class are you going to play?

Oh right that's already there.

>"Oh I'm so excited to play, are you guys too?"

What is going to come from this thread other than the same circlejerk of "Yes me to"?

Seriously show me what topics there is to talk about?

Lol the discord is dead as fuck you must be shitposting
Go read nostalrius forums from pre launch, doesn't matter if the topics are "worth" discussion, it's a indicator of people actually playing there.
This shit is going to be so dead av won't even pop

>comes crying to our thread, trying his best at kronos damage control
>gets completely BTFO
>DID I HURT UR FEELINGS!???

lmao

you kronoscucks really are somehting

>please leave
>lmao no
>btfo!!
Your madposting is great

> doesn't matter if the topics are "worth" discussion
So you are saying I'm right, there is no real reason to post anything.

Also you seem just to be spewing shit without any actual evidence.

Just ignore this persons post. It only going to lead to more
>lel you mad xd

>more damage control

Can't say I'm surprised lol. How about you just calm down you mad sperg, it's not our fault kronos sucks.

>Or are you realizing that the server is going to be low pop and filled with russians?

then dont play simple as that. wouldn't want you kronosbabbys on my server anyway

>you must be shitposting
literally what youre doing right now
because an upcoming server has triggered you so hard
that you have to come and complain even though it doesn't affect you in the slightest
unless youre a kronos shill

>This shit is going to be so dead av won't even pop

how about we wait and see? nobody's forcing you to play on the server

It's normie shit, it might not matter to us but normies make a server worth playing on because it's the population. Having ZERO forum topics shows people aren't excited to play and get to know each other.
Youre basically saying
>it doesn't matter to me so it's not important
But it's a common way to gauge server anticipation
>Official discord is literally cucks from vg snd the devs
>not dead
You guys are pretty fucking pissed and crying like babies. Maybe you shouldn't have shilled in krog like a bunch of retards.
You guys are realizing how shit the realm is going to be with 0 english speaking players and even with russians it will be dead.

Your tears are delicious

>waaaaah please come back to kronos I don' want the server to die

No ty.

>kronos will die because banned players and people who never hit 60 left
Lmao, you guys are seriously grasping.
I think i hit a nerve or something because you can't even make legitimate replies

I would post a proper response to your post but you seem incapable in having a real discussion. So I'm just going to sum my perspective of you in this image.

t. I can't refute anything because youre right
I've posted more points than most, and I've backed them up.
I'll be waiting but you've got nothing but insubstantial memes

>shitposting kronos shill thinks he deserves legitimate replies
Top kek. If you want us to stop BTFOing you so fucking hard, you better get back to staring that login screen on Kronos. This will only get worse, son.

>you've got nothing
I was trying to have a discussion you are the one you started spewing "cuck" "dead" "russian" "tears".

To me it seems as if you have nothing left but insults to support your argument.

>it's just shitposting
Is that what you call everything you disagree with? Pretty sad desu but i guess that's what to expect from people who shill a doa server full of Russians

When you are shilling for terribly scripted vanilla private server who can't stay up for more than 10 minutes before crashing, you are either shitposting, or retarded sperg.
And even though it is a little rare, I think it's safe to say both of these apply to you lmao.

I posted how the server has 0 advertising, 0 hype, and how the forums english section have 0 activity even though the server is supposed to be english only.
This leaves two possibilities

1. There are no english speakers planning on playing just russians
This means
A. Devs stop enforcing language restriction, everyone speaking russian everywhere
B. The English channels are totally dead, because russians can't speak english. This leaves russian players to have their own global channels and speak moonrunes and you have to deal with it to find groups.

I didn't trigger you with any mean words, got anything?

>I don't like it so it's bad and crashes all the time
Guarantee you have never played on valkyrie and think nostalrius was great lmao. Don't worry though servers with less than 500 players don't crash much!

so what faction are we choosing? I'd rather horde desu for those shaman retards being more useful over paladins

>You guys are pretty fucking pissed and crying like babies
>comes to /elyg/ to tell us to stop liking what he doesnt like
nuthurt pissbaby

>You guys are realizing how shit the realm is going to be
no, all were doing is trying out this new server. what youre doing is flinging shit at anything thats not kronos cause you invested so much time in something with such shit scripting

>muh russians
kronos is literally full of russians and eastern yuros

>0 advertising
Not true look at valkyrie-wow.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=21523

>0 hype
Might not be /krog/ levels of hype but they have fucking Kungen to pull alot of normies. Also this thread wouldn't exist if there when some hype.

>forums english section have 0 activity
My point still stands that there is nothing real to talk about.

>1. There are no english speakers planning on playing just russians.
That's an assumption, or in other words your argument is based on you saying "This statement is true, because I said so"

>A
Again with the assumptions.

>B
Do I really have to repeat myself?

All in all your argument is based on assumptions with no real evidence, besides from the zero activity on the forums which I have responded to.

Only time will tell if you are right or wrong. I for one choose hope.

why dont you just admit you are asshurt from being banned for botting fish, fucking fishing is the easiest thing. this server is only getting pushed cause you few autismos fucked up

Seems like everyone is going to roll horde. I've seen almost noone saying they'd roll alliance.

why dont you admit you are asshurt people choose not to play on kronos

how dare they play on a low pop server/server you dont like

yesterdays thread was split 50/50

Oh I wasn't here yesterday, my bad.

but that's only 100 people

>posted yesterday
Do you know how early they advertised for nostalrius and kronos?
You do that months in advance not fucking weeks. Last thread had 23 unique posts including shitposters, that isn't hype.

There is tons to talk about, again look at old nost forums there was tons of discussion. Just because you know "everything" about the game doesn't mean normies don't, or just because you don't want to get to know people, recruit for guild, etc.

The evidence is that theres NO hype, no advertising, and no real demand for the server.
If the scripts were so great why did their old realm flop and die even with SC transfers?
Look at theater of dreams, they launched on almost the same model as valkyrie is doing, but they did much more advertising and had much less competition and they're already dead.

It's pretty clear how it is going to end up if you're not new to private servers.

in percentages u masterb8r

>gms bringing the bantz on discord

holy shit lol

dont try to change th goal post shitter. the question still stands

Post discord pls

It normally seems that way, or should be normally about 50/50 since most people don't give a fuck. But be aware that there is a not-small percentage of faggots, especially here, who are really into weirdo ERP and can't be horde for that reason. They will proxy vote any polls.
No real way to keep that from happening, maybe it doesn't matter anyhow. But anything pre-belfs is GOING to be proxy voted alliance by these fat fucks (most of which don't even hit 60 anyhow).

>Do you know how early they advertised for nostalrius and kronos?

I don't. You might be right on them being slow on the advertisement.

> 23 unique posts
While I agree the number isn't worth much I'd like to point out that some of elysium related post float around in /wspg/ and /krog/.

>"Zero forum activity" agrument
Let's agree to disagree on this one.

>NO hype
we talked about this

>no advertising
you know it's not true

>no real demand for the server
Might be true not sure.

>If the scripts were so great why did their old realm flop and die even with SC transfers?
I don't know.

>theater of dreams
Might be the same shitfest all over again, but we don't know yet.

Only time will tell if you are right or wrong, again I choose to hope it's going to be good.

Also one last thing, you really are starting to seem like a /krog/ shill, I'm not saying you are, but you sure are negative about the birth of Elysium. Maybe you are just more realistic than me.

Nost had been advertising for almost a year.
The only people talking about it in wpsg are people from here, the meme that wpsg is moving there is a lie flat out.
Im negative because that's the impression i get from their progress so far.
Also shills in krog like finalflash who only advertise for it because he got banned and wants to make people move with him.

what question fucking stands? dont fucking cry yourself to sleep on the way out you kronosnigger

i didnt even play kronos past level 20 yet ive seen enough of the toxic as fuck community and heard enough about the subpar scripting that i didnt bother wasting my time there

>kronos doesn't have weapon skills fixed

why is ERP limited to alliance?

I'm glad someone is willing to criticises the way they are doing things, It's need for everyone to improve. It might be a joke it might not be.

Also you can't blame FF for trying.

Thats dumb and you're stupid.

/thread

His shilling turns more people away than it adds, he fucks it up constantly

Holy shit really?
This kills the server

yeah this guy straight up catholic nun
doesnt want bug discussions in general chat, said to go post it on the bug tracker. i dont see the problem discussing game relevant things though.

While I agree, wouldn't it be a massive pain to revamp the whole itemization system? And hasn't this always been the case for most servers?

>kronocucks dare talk about itemization when their dungs and raids are way undertuned

Top kek

Why would they do this. Literally pointless to play there now

Enlighten me.

Horde or Alliance?

strawpoll.me/10838982

I'm probably toonew but can someone help me understand the issue?
Is it meaning that while content will be released progressively, quite a few items (including pvp gear) will be itemized like they were 1.12, making them far superior and making early content mostly irrelevant?
I've played vanilla but am not a patch historian so I want to make sure that's what they are saying and it's not something more obvious. i'm dumb.

yeah i think so too, i wouldnt want to go back to 8 debuff limit etc
thinking about how the spells worked pre 1.7 and then having to fix bugs caused by said spells, it would be too much of a hassle

then dont come im not asking you to play there

Because humans and nelfs, mainly. Even on retail it used to primarily be an alliance thing for that reason, and after tbc a belf thing.
It's a strange niche, even for the neets here, but like I said, there ARE a not-small portion of the faggots here who are absolutely 100% into it. Not judging them, I don't care (even tho it's fucking stupid) but they will moan and bitch if the guild isn't alliance.
Chances are also high they won't reroll from kronos anyhow, and if there aren't enough other fags here to give them attention they won't stick around anyway.

>Is it meaning that while content will be released progressively, quite a few items (including pvp gear) will be itemized like they were 1.12, making them far superior and making early content mostly irrelevant?

yeah pretty much
pvp gear will outperform early raid gear, which is also the case on other servers though. its progressive but only in regards to raids and pvp content, gear, spells, etc everything else will remain in how it was in 1.12.1 or at least thats what they said. its still being discussed however

anyone can join the discord channel by the way

Why are they releasing it a week before legion launches?
Crazy Ivan drunk decision?

since thats not the demographic youre after, you should roll horde then.

im considering going alliance purely because im sick of the horde quests, and ive never played alliance so it might be less mundane. also i plan on maining hunter, and afaik most world bosses are on kalimdor which means horde hunters have a wider selection of kiteable bosses to choose from (not by much however)

Yeah I'm in

5 invites that last 30 min
discord.gg/K8u5n

ok, that's what i thought. Thanks. I will have to look shit up so i can help out a bit without making it worse.
I can understand if its extra work for them and that's shitty, but i can't understand a player wanting it that way.

How do we join the discord, btw? is the link on their site?

haha no, that's not the demo i'm after. No big deal tho, really, even tho i enjoy bitching about it.
I'm probably going horde but I'm ok if we all go alliance. I don't care that much. I prefer orcs but I like paladins as well, maybe dorf hunter.
The horde stuff IS boring but i still prefer the barrens to westfall/redridge/darkshore. Maybe just more because i spent so much time there during retail vanilla being a shitter.
Alliance early leveling always feels like way more running around where horde can 10-20 in the same zone pretty seamlessly and I'm lazy.

I just joined by going to valkyrie-wow.org/ and clicking on discord chat, on the left pane.

I think the guy is just pointing out that keeping the weapon in post 1.7 state will make it imbalanced relative to the caster gear, for instance. There was a nost thread about this too, forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=15215

If everyone goes horde, what are the chances everyone quits after like 3 weeks

Everyone is going to quit when the population is low after the day 1 hype

>If everyone goes horde, what are the chances everyone quits after like 3 weeks
haha, no idea. Not even sure the server will do well, to be honest. I'm not very private server savvy - played on nost and kronos, briefly tried VoA and L4g, but that's it. So I'm too noob to really know how it would go.
I imagine if it's good then people would stick around, but that's assuming not buggy, population, and english. I know people are sick of kronos dcs/rollbacks but then again restarting vanilla can be a chore.

If we have a chill group of fun people then almost anything is possible. Of course this is Veeky Forums so it's a dice roll.

yeah figured

then we wait another 10 years for corecraft

This is unironically what will happen

I'm really looking forward to this. I haven't touched vanilla since retail, and I miss it. Granted I'm an adult now and can't spend 8 hours a day on it, but hopefully I won't be left too far behind.