Help Me convince my friend

So my friend wants his first car to be pic related. Keep in mind he has no mechanical knowledge of cars, so all maintenance will be done at shops. He also doesn't know much about cars, he sees cars as an A to B means of transportation. I can't convince him to get an econobox (he works like minimum wage) i keep telling him that an expensive car means expensive maintenance, but he isn't convinced, he thinks because he can save up for a year and afford to buy the car, he can afford to actually keep it all in working order. Give me some advice Veeky Forums.

tell him to get an E36 328i

>bmw m3
>minimum wage
>first car

First car is marked for death. Your friend is full retard

Whatever he purports, deny his claims. We don't need another M3 trashed. Thank you.

That's what I'm trying to tell him, i told him to buy like a Corolla or some shit, but he's convinced that a BMW is an ideal first car for him. He says he needs his first car to be "something nice"
Note: he's "that guy" that only wears brand name clothing, and follows adidas and shit on facebook, he's very materialistic

E36 328i

>First car is marked for death.
is this a meme or is this actually true for Americans?

He works minimum wage you nigger

328i costs like 3 or 4k. totally reasonable on a minumum wage

What a coincidence. Everything that you say about your friend's view on cars applies to me and I wanted a E36 coupe because it's the cheapest non-trash coupe/roadster I can find. But the more I read about how disabled they are the less I want to. There is also the Honda Prelude or fuck it, I can just buy a Twingo. Frankly, I think it looks better than both of them.

just let him do it user.
what right do you have to tell others how to live their lives?

He's my bestfriend, i don't wanthim to make a bad decision knowing i knew it was a bad one and i didn't try to educate him about it

If he knew how to wrench on cars, I'd say go for the e36. Older bmws wont kill you on maintenance if you do the work yourself. Otherwise he ought to just buy a honda. If he keeps oil in it, he'll be fine

>he sees cars as an A to B means of transportation
>wants an M3

Clearly he sees it as an accessory of some sort.

You tried. Now is the time to sit back and watch the shitshow.

How about a Prelude? At least it's a coupe.

Preludes are legit, as are integras. The downside is finding one that hasn't been driven into the ground or riced out. Both are fun cars and will be great on gas. You can also almost disassemble the entire car with 10 and 13mm wrenches. They would be a good car to learn how to do your own repairs.

There are plenty of Preludes with 2.2 where I live, Interga IIIs are mostly 1.6 though.

Yeah, but the b18s in the teg ls can handle a good amount of boost.

Regardless, op said he just wants something to get from a to b. I doubt he cares about mods or performance in general

Does all this hold true for third-gen Preludes? Or does it once apply to the later model rice kings

He only cares about it looking "nice" he is white as can be but he sure as hell acts like a nigger (personality wise) he wants to wear only what makes him look good, and that he has money, and he wants a flashy car. So anything that looks flashy/classy he'll take

No, only 4 and 5 with 2.2 engine. Also 5 is supposedly rugged as fuck.

He should probably buy a sportbike instead. Since you can actually buy a really cool one for that money.