My household's power bill has been around $30 to $50. Sometime in June, maybe...

My household's power bill has been around $30 to $50. Sometime in June, maybe, I got a letter from my power company asking if I would be interested in wind energy as an alternative, and listed the price chances between the two. I wish I still had that paper. I remember that the rates were higher, but mistakenly so, it seems.

Today I get my power bill for last month, from when my power changed to wind source.

1, the kwh has quadroupled and I've no new appliances or changes in power consumption habits. No new ACs, no more or less cooking than normal.

2, the power bill is $265

Advice? Did I just take one for clean energy?

It's not always greener in the other side

If you thought it was wrong why didn't you call them and check? You got cucked into paying more bills for no reason. That's money you could be saving or investing. Don't fall for the green meme

Honestly wind power is a huge meme

Nuclear is currently the best choice, but the idiot public always gets spooked over accidents

Ima call bullshit.

Hold on, you guys need to read a little better.
>1 the kWh has quadrupled

His electric use fucking SKYROCKETED, so it makes sense that his bill also skyrocketed. Blaming this on wind is like saying
>I switched to this slightly more expensive, but less damaging-to-produce gasoline. I also started driving 5 times as many miles and now I've spent like 5 times as much on gas! What a fucking scam!

OP, there are two possibilities here:
1) You actually DID use 4 times as much energy. Air Conditioner running more, left an oven/stove on, something. Or...
2) Your meter had a glitch or was misread. This happens actually quite often, so if you really didn't change any of your behaviors it's most likely the culprit.

Either you used more energy or the meter is messed up. There are no other options for this to happen. If you're really positive that you didn't use any more energy than normal, call your utility and ask them to check your meter.

If the use quadrupled it would explain a 4-5x increase in the bill.

Exactly, that's what I'm saying. Either his use quadrupled or the meter had a glitch.

no dude, the price of power has went up.

fucking newfag

Bullshit
>>/b

>that pic

Politics always make me cringe. Why do ignorant fools who know jack shit about science or engineering (or really anything other than law) insist on meddling in *everything* with their partisan rhetoric and false dichotomies?

They're the trash of the world. They produce nothing of value to society, their job is literally to keep things just barely working while leeching as much as they can and convincing the masses they're doing a bang up job.

But... his usage went up. If you buy premium gas instead of regular, it's gonna be a little more expensive. If you buy 5x as much gas, it's going to be a shit ton more expensive.

Your power company doesn't usually check your meter, they estimate your usage based on previous years.

which means you could build up a huge difference between what they've charged you and what you actually used.

which can bite you in the ass when someone decides to actually check your meter.

Someone doesn't know what a kilowatt hour is...

because the point of being good at law is to Cuck everyone.

thats what you get you dumb liberal

you literally asked for it

With good reason.

Big companies will always cut corners to save a few $$$.

someone doesnt know kw/h can go up

>liberal

That's exactly the kind of mental retardation I was talking about.

Op ran fans to make wind
lol

oh i'm sorry i thought you chose to take wind energy