Stealth Archery Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news

Dark Brotherhood DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/darkbrotherhood
youtube.com/watch?v=xrIdDh7_TBw

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

First DLC dungeon pack coming soon™:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3203024#Comment_3203024
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3205069/#Comment_3205069
youtube.com/watch?v=nlOlKAIpvfY
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/05/despite-video-games-success-voice-actors-reap-little-reward-from-medium/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ded gaem

>hear siege going
>climb up onto the ramparts
>see this

I used to think seeing like six catapults against a wall in GW2 was silly. This takes that shit to a new level.

It's even dumber when you realize they just stuffed all that into their backpacks and moved it into the courtyard after.

>can call a meteor from the sky while poking someone with a light spear

>portable siege is 2wyld

There's a difference between obvious magic with magical fireballs and hafts of light any just stuffing an entire trebuchet into a sack.

But that's not even the kind of dumb I'm talking about. I more mean the ability to just throw it down where you want because who cares? You can just move it. There doesn't feel like there's any investment or reason for there to be less siege engines than there are players involved.

gw2 a shit

even in other Bethesda games, we can stuff multiple suits of armor/power armor into our packs so long as we got the carry weight capacity.

Still, yes, it does get a bit odd, but honestly, I guess I'm just a pleb for not minding too much. I've enjoyed overall gameplay much more than with GW2.

>that amusing feel when my friend plays as a Bosmer nightblade using bows
>They ARE a TESO Stealth Archer.

I have about 4k gold from random questing and selling stuff
what's the best way to just farm 10k gold for a mount? or will I just have to wait

I guess dlc daily quests, I mean at your level because you'll have a chance to get a motif which isn't level restricted and will sell for anywhere between 3k-25k depending which one you get. Then you'll have to try sell it, which with you being on console idk how you would do seeing as you'll need a good trading guild or sell in zone chat which I'm guessing console don't have.

Why is AD always getting destroyed in PVP?

Team purple is often the reason, in my experience.

The Aldemari Dominion is too wrapped up in a lot of it's own problems to commit to a way.

Khajiit at too high on skooma, high elves are too high on themselves, and bosmer must fight daily to hunt down the greatest threat to their existence; Fanfiction writers.

It's all I do when I PvP. I'm not good enough to duel fairly.

I'm not on console lol, and I don't have dlc

Jessica Folsom on dropped traits:

Hi everyone,

We have an update for you. We will be making the following changes to Trait attainability with the launch of Update 12:

Prosperous and Training will be removed as a valid Trait for all items that drop in Trials
Valid Traits for Trials and Leaderboard rewards are as follows:
Weapons – Infused, Powered, Precise, Defending, Sharpened, Charged, Decisive
Armor – Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, Reinforced, Sturdy
Items drops in the overland and in dungeons will have a chance of dropping with all available Traits, including Impenetrable

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us on this subject. We appreciate how constructive this discussion has been, and the ideas shared.

source

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3203024#Comment_3203024

Seems good. I'm glad they didn't add impenetrable to the list, which would mean PvP focused players would have to do trials to get the gear they wanted.

Read it again, dumbass. They're removing Prosperous and Training traits from Trials so people don't get gear that is immediately vendor trash, not gating any traits behind any content.

>Someone starts spamming Dizzying Swing on you
>Run in his face and move around him at headbutt distance while stabbing him with sweeps
>Le confused Dizzying Swing spammer face

Read what he wrote again.

>try pvp in HA
>ready an uppercut
>they just walk out of range as I got the speed of a paraplegic tortoise
most me being shit but yeah

ESO RvR has never been better than GW2's RvR unfortunately. Supply makes GW2's.
I'd love to have player collision in GW2 tho.

gw2 rvr is shit. their esport meta game is fucking garbage. at least eso looks something resembling an actual castle siege.

>le killing raid bosses to capture a pvp castle meme

>plopping down 20 siege engines without a care resembles an actual castle siege
Both RvR games are shit, granted. Better to wait for Camelot Unchained to come out for some DAOC feel.

Do racial abilities matter a lot on this game? Thinking of playing a sorcerer wood elf but wood elf has more stamina and stealth passives.

>Only one active siege engine for one person.
Yes or no?

Only 2-5% of your build.
Play the game like you want to.

>Do racial abilities matter
yes
>a lot
no

Thanks anons

>Do racial abilities matter a lot on this game?
Yes. Some of them are extremely broken and OP. Stat differences are much higher than 5%. Wood elves can boost your base stat by 6% but you also get 20% regen which is insane. Playing a stamina build as any race other than wood elf, redguard and to a lesser degree imperial is garbage.

>Playing a stamina build as any race other than wood elf, redguard and to a lesser degree imperial is garbage.

uuhhh, you may want to recheck what you wrote

Go ahead, point out what you think is wrong. I'll be waiting.

What race gives top dps for stam again?

>Playing PvE

>top dps
>pve
xD

what lebel should I get to before jumping into Cyrodiil and healing and not being utterly useless?

Racials only matter if you want to be in the top of leader boards or go 1vs1 with other min/maxers.
If you can't complete vMA with argonian stam DK you cannot probably complete it with bosmer stam DK. Racials don't fuck up your as much as wrong weapon, armor, skill, class and trait or enhancement choices.
You complete every content with any race.
Playing the like you want>forced min/maxing.

>Changing the topic

Sure it doesn't matter if you can get 50k dps in pve, but it still shows that khajiits aren't an irrelevant stam class.

>khajiits aren't an irrelevant stam class.
they're catpeople
of course they're irrelevant

A level 10 can do as much damage with siege and repair just as well as a vet.

That ain't healing

>Playing the like you want>forced min/maxing.
IF you want to be competitive in PvP it matters. In PvE you can do whatever the fuck you want because it's all a joke anyway in terms of difficulty.

I never cared about my race when I prepurchased the game because I knew in beta that a breton nightblade was fine. there were softcaps on all stats so it was impossible to push something to absolutely broken levels. All races were viable for all builds. that's how I liked the game but that isn't the case anymore.

I'm just trying to give people accurate advice on how the game currently is. If you don't give a shit about min/max that's fine but this guy asked a question and it got answered.

I've said before and I'll say it again, picking the "wrong" race is pretty much the equivalent of not having any enchants on 3 or more pieces of your armour. So if you look at it that way, tell someone to grind for months to get full endgame legendary armour and weapons and then just ignore enchants.

Hi /tesog/! I've recently become interested in trying out TESO but it seems like everyone is bashing it, could I get some pros? Last MMO I played was GW2

Take GW2 remove the trannies and you have eso

Nah.

If you don't like from TES universe there's probably under 50% chance you like from this game. Did you like from GW2?

>he doesn't roleplay a tranny elf

>mfw there are no "real" barbers which means you cannot cut your hair or beard using in-game gold
youtube.com/watch?v=nlOlKAIpvfY
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
Appearance Change Token 1000=crowns.
Race Change Token=3000 crowns.
I'm okay with the prices but mad about not being able to cut your hair or beard without crowns.

>post a few days ago, poor as shit, want black horse to name it shadowmere and wear my black hand robes and be a role-playing faggot
>man, how am I supposed to make that kind of money sub-50?
>some user tells me to steal everything that's not nailed down
>and I mean everything
>went from 6k to 74k in three days
>haven't even bought the horse
>just keep stealing and killing and looting corpses

user, you've created a monster

Magblade or Magplar? I only care about dps and mostly pvp. Which is more fun/effective?

The barber token should be permanent.

>race change 3000 crowns
Fuck, that's kind of expensive.

>Packs & Bundles
>When Update 11 is released, we'll have some special packs and bundles that you may want to consider. If you like changing up your look from time to time, we'll be offering a pack that includes all the EXISTING hair styles (90+ in all!). This will allow you to FREELY change your hair style to anything available on the character creation screen as often as you like, though normal race and/or gender restrictions do apply. If you're interested in doing a complete overhaul on your character, you'll want to check out the Name and Race Change Bundle which will offer huge savings, available for 3500 crowns.

>elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
>no deals or bonuses or free appearance/race changes for people with subscriptions
>nothing for people who paid full price for the game years ago
I guess it's too much to ask for.

I wonder if I will be able to only buy two name change tokens so I can swap the names of my characters between each other? Support can maybe do it for me? Or would I have to buy three

I like TES universe! GW2 was ok, too much focus on cosmetics imo

Khajiit are cool.
Prove me wrong.

ayy lmao

clv must have creamed his pants when he read this

>be jewimax
>ask ideas for "barber"shop in forums
>make threads so people can give ideas and feedback
>cool ideas like barbers and flesh sculptors
>people want an actual in-game barber where you can cut your hair
>people want barber that uses in-game gold
>people are okay with race/gender/name using crowns
>they are okay with system using both gold and crowns
>go turbo jew
>no in-game barber or barber that uses in-game gold
>we get this shit shekel based main menu "barber"
>people accept this
>keep doing this in the future because people accept your shit
>plan to release weapon dyes crown only and housing crown only

a little bit, yeah

>don't make in-game barber or barber that uses in-game gold*
>instead realease this shit shekel based main menu "barber"*

Then this game is for you.

>People are okay with...using crowns

This is the problem. People say that sort of stuff as a little compromise, then ZOS take it as far as they can and then turn around and say "You guys said you were ok with it".

Never give the goyim an excuse, anons.

Wait, wasn't it f2p?

ESO has never been free to play.

There are tons of people on official forums who say things like:
>ZOS isn't a charity organization!
>They got to earn their bread!
It makes me sick. Some people were literally defending breton assassin costume.

Eh. Valve does this too, pay for cosmetics, gameplay is free. Of course in this case you're paying for DLC as well. Unless you're a sub, in which case you're paying for 'free' DLC as well.

Obviously I'd like it if you could pay for barbershops with gold, and ZOS is surely rich enough running an MMO so yeah, they're being greedy etc.

me too

Alright, which version to get then? I mean what's the difference with tamriel edition, unlimited imperial etc? I'll probably get it from some russian site.

Tamriel Unlimited = base game, you probably want this
Imperial = any race any alliance, and you get a white horse mount cosmetic

Did they merge all runes into one drop from the orange stone that was previously Aspects?

Oh so I'm limited in race otherwise? Any Veeky Forums guilds I should choose a special alliance for?
Wtf are crowns?

yup

>Imperial = any race any alliance
I think the any race any alliance thing was the adventurer pack we can get now included for preorder copies way back when. I don't think imperial now gets any race any alliance.

>Oh so I'm limited in race otherwise?
There are three alliances which have three races. If you just buy the base game then you are confined to the races of which alliance you choose. However, you can buy 'any race any alliance' from the crown store.

>Any Veeky Forums guilds I should choose a special alliance for?
NA PC we're spread even across the three alliances. We can still play together while doing dungeons.

>Wtf are crowns?
It's the purchasable currency. You can buy mounts, pets, xp scrolls, outfits, etc from the crown store.

They're not making nearly as much money as they had planned to. The switch to buy to play changed things dramatically. They have been cutting corners where they can. Customer service for one and I noticed that they cut some of John Cleese's dialog, probably to reduce royalty costs.

Isn't it all just junk? Or do fences pay more?

Thanks for answering!

Is there no EU guild? Worth playing on NA servers for me? (Sweden)

So are crowns useful or just for show? Xp scrolls and mounts seem useful?

Surely voice actors don't get royalty costs, they're paid to do the voiceover and that's it. Other than that I don't think anyone other than themselves can speculate on their financial situation.

Yeah let me amend that. Don't get Imperial Edition unless you really want a white horse, if you want any race any alliance you could just buy explorers pack in the store.

But alliance won't matter in PvE anyway when they drop One Tamriel, which means everyone can see everyone else in PvE zones as opposed to only seeing players in your own alliance.

Yeah there's an EU guild, check the op to see who to send a message to. You'll be better off playing on EU server for better ping.

It's all cosmetic stuff and 'pay for convenience' items. You can buy a mount for 10k gold at a stable and buy xp pots for ~2.5k gold from a guild trader.

However, the DLCs are bought from the crown store so if you want them, you'll need to purchase crowns (or sub).

There is EU guild (check OP). We have guild meeting once in a week. Most popular alliace is DC closely followed by EP, AD is not very popular. There also is more RP in EU server.

The good kind of rp or the gw2 kind of rp?

How much crowns would I need to get the dlcs? Perhaps not worth to get dlc's first thing I do as they're probably behind a lvl wall and I should try the game out first?

By alliance popularity, I meant EU guild players. One Tamriel will be released this year, which removes all PvE alliance restrictions. Atm you can see players from other alliances only in PvP, dungeons&trials.

That was my thought, buy the base game and if you like it then buy the DLCs (or sub for a month and unlock all DLCs for the duration to play them through).

I mean if you really want value for money the Gold Edition is coming out Sept 9 and is $60 for base game and Orsinium, IC, TG, and DB (9500 crowns total), which is a better price than buying them individually unless you have a source of really cheap crowns.

I forget how much each dlc costs, I'm pretty sure they're around 2k crowns give or take 1k.

You can do the DLCs straight out of the tutorial, you get scaled up. But most people do the main quests first and then do DLCs after

Good kind of. Normies would call (have called) it "autism/autistic". Especially in DC role-playing is high quality RP. This is a TES game after all.

And no, you're scaled for DLCs so you can do them at any level. Except I wouldn't recommend that for IC because that's a PvP DLC so you'd be facing fully geared players. And TG and DB tends to favor nightblades during the stealth sections.

Wait, so subbing unlocks att dlcs? September is too far away hah.

Nightblade is a class?

Is EU RP really that much better than NA RP?

Asking as an EP NA player.

My speculations on Zeni's financial situation are at least as valid as anyone else's in this thread. If you had been around at launch you would have a better idea about their expectations.
VAs get royalties in other areas of work. I see no reason why video games would be any different.

Yes subbing unlocks all DLCs as long as you stay subbed.

The TG and DB DLCs are significantly easier if you're playing the nightblade class cause they can cloak, which trivializes a lot of sections. There are four classes in the game, dragon knight, sorcerer, templar, nightblade.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/05/despite-video-games-success-voice-actors-reap-little-reward-from-medium/
Dunno how relevant this is eight years later. Maybe things have changed.

Ahh, I see.

Balance between classes is ok? I'm probably going Nightblade or Sorcerer

What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you live in America?

I don't. But NA has a better connection to Singapore.

Why do people like DC? From what I've seen they are arrogant circlejerking elitist faggots

I'm sure John Cleese writes his own contracts. He's not some anonymous cartoon voice.