Suggestions for tuner cars on a 30k budget?

Suggestions for tuner cars on a 30k budget?

Grow out of it. Buy a M coupe and keep it stock and watch it appreciate.

>Suggestions for tuner cars on a 30k budget?

Yeah engine swap a cheap pickup and twin turbo it. You'll have 23k left over if you do it right

civic with a few simple mods

I want nu-Veeky Forums to fuck off back to whatever shitty place it came from.

This or buy a pre-riced/mawded one and start with that since you're gonna be fucking with it anyway.

>buy anything
>build sr20
>swap it in
>boost it
>spend 20k on tires

Even twin turbos is a bit much. A big single would be way more effective and easier to install.

It's called maturity. You'll get it eventually.

>way more effective
How uneducated are you? Having low end boost that peaks mid way through the power band exactly when the second turbo spools up is god tier.

Literally anything remotely sporty for sub 10k + mawdz

It has nothing to do with maturity and you millenial fuckheads thinking cars are fucking appliances. Fuck off.

I suggested an M coupe. How is that an appliance?

Buy a classic muscle car
Build a turbod small block or big block
Enjoy your extra 15 grand

Well you dont need to buy the biggest turbo on the market. Also if you really need to get going youll most likely downshift anyways and get to spool range.

Well anyways singleturbo is way easier to setup

I agree with you, but if you have a 30k budget and room under the hood, TT is always the best option

Apparently this guy has no idea how turbos work. Why do you think tuners always swap out the supra's stock twin turbos for a big single turbo?

> you millenial fuckheads thinking cars are fucking appliances

It's more effective to just upgrade to another car than to spend precious time and money modifying your current one.

Because clearly, your time spent shitposting on Veeky Forums is so fucking precious.

How is this even remotely true?

>i like wasting time and money modifying shitboxes
>therefore everyone else should and it's the right thing to do

Grow up.

>there are people who dump thousands into a civic instead of just upgrading to an s2000
>there are people who dump thousands into an s2000 instead of just upgrading to a z06 c5 corvette
>there are people who dump thousands into a corvette instead of upgrading to an 996 911 turbo
>there are people who dump thousands into a 996 911 turbo instead of upgrading to an r35 GT-R

335i, intake, exhaust, cooling system, jb4 tune

400whp easy

>no dipstick

nuo, uno?

I'm not the guy you were just replying to but, do you not understand some people genuinely like working on their cars? I always get a sense of accomplishment and a further appreciation towards my car whenever I finish installing some new performance part. I'm well aware that I've spent money that could have went towards just upgrading to a better car but then I wouldn't get to learn and experience the joys of building up and truly customizing a car.

He's a nu-male millennial. He only sees cars as dumb tools that are just an inconvenience. Basically, a retarded kid.

Because they haven't built the engine correctly to handle massive boost from two turbos

Eventually you find a car you really like and want to stick with for subjective reasons.

This is incorrect. Look at any 800+whp supra and I guarantee you it is running a single turbo.

>itt: fuccboi's defending their modified shitbox's

In all seriousness, i'd rather use my money to experience different cars.

However, just because I do that it doesn't mean I don't think people shouldn't work on their cars. People should definitely learn to do maintenance on their vehicles and learn to keep their cars clean.

Modifications? It's a waste of time and money.

>find car you like that's almost perfect
>fix flaws and exaggerate strengths of car

vs

>keep switching around from car to car, never really knowing it, trying to find the perfect one
>modifications are a waste of time and money

Supercharged Benz if you want gobs of torque and overall insane amount of power
Can be had in mint condition for 15-20, spend the rest on mods
700 torque with bolt ons pulley tune

>implying that the shuffling will occur that quickly
>implying it is worthwhile to dump any money into a civic beyond basic maintenance
shiggy
I mean, it's one thing to do this on an actual good car, but implying it's always the right choice is fucking retarded

If somebody finds their almost-perfect car in a Civic they are brain-damaged.

what's an "almost-perfect" car that you'd modify then?

Yet thousands of people modify civics because they're cheap. Wait does that mean? Yes, modifying cars is a legitimate hobby.
I get it , you don't understand this. Just like I will never understand your cock sucking hobby.

He's right tho.....

The last one is a downgrad

>tfw own sought-after cars that everyone wants to mod
>keep them stock

I'm a different poster. Modifying cars is a legitimate hobby, but modding a Civic is pants-on-head retarded. For the money most people dump into a typical Civic they could buy a car that is already faster stock, and then put money into it to make it faster. ie fag in a thread a couple days ago talking about how an $18k 300hp Civic build is a good idea over spending 18k on a faster, better car. That shit is for idiots who aren't patient enough to save money to buy a good car.

i can smoke the fuck out of whatever you drive in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 248 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

>if I affect an adult tone and talk down to him, that makes me look like I'm right

>Yet thousands of people modify civics because they're cheap. Wait does that mean?

Absolutely nothing.

Just because there are thousands of retards out there doing it, it doesn't mean you should follow their example.

Depends what year the Civic is, and since he spent $18k getting it to only 300hp I'm guessing it has to be a fairly new Si. That honestly sounds like an awesome car for $18k.. Reliable, comfy, good has mileage, and a somewhat sleeper status.

>reliable

f/i on any car that didn't come with it creates a host of problems. From broken transmissions, to problems putting power down (in the case of the civic, torque steer)

Not really though.. I take it you don't know too much about cars. Most Honda engines especially the K series have been known to handle F/I incredibly well. K20/K24 engines can easily be tuned into the 300whp range and still run reliably. Torque steer is a given though.

As a 91 civic hatch owner you are an idiot. They have lots of potential to be very fun cars. Theyre fun to drive when there slow. Let alone modded

Theyre also the cheapest and easiest cars to build or modify. Anybody could pull and swap the engine in one. They are light enough to move your self

The high boost comes from the larger of the two, are you autistic? One for low end boost and one for high end.

KMiata

>thousands of dollars in mods and ends up still making less power than a decent six cylinder
o I am laffin
I'm sure your niggered out rims do a lot to make the car faster.

>replying to pasta

>newfag spotted

I didn't question the k engines ability to make power. Just the transmission and ability to put it down.

Some 8th gen Si had synchro issues. The ones that didn't are pretty bulletproof though. 9th gen transmissions are good. The only issue would be with the stock clutch but that's a problem you would have with most cars.

Hey, what do you know. It actually IS the nu-Veeky Forums poster advocating for un-Veeky Forums things such as not modding a car.

As an FG2 Si owner, you're an idiot. Yes, they are fun, especially stock. Dropping a pile of money in them to go slower than everything the same price bracket will always be retarded though.
Also, cheap to add parts to but not quality parts, and most cheap mods actually lose power. 95% of Civic fags tend to do stupid shit anyway.
>$20 ebay exhaust
>cheapest chiptune possible
>sub $100 ebay headers that look like they were welded by someone having a seizure
>knockoff cast reemz
>blacked taillights
>generic """"cold air intake""""" that actually just removes all heat shielding
Not to mention the absolute worst community out there.
>stancefags galore
>boy racers
>ricers
>people who get buttmad anytime you suggest the Civic isn't the best car ever

>some
>pretty much every single one
>consumer reports considers them guaranteed to fail stock

>800hp+
>at 7400 to 7500rpm

That means they're idiots apart from companies like Spoon who want to win in classes where Civics race.
Pretty much any Mustang, Camaro, or Corvette, BMW 3-series made before 2000, S2000, any Porsche sports car, Miata, GT86, Datsun 240z/260z/280z, Datsun 510, Nissan Skyline GTR R31/32/34/, Dodge Viper, Factory Five kit cars, etc.