/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization, and 4x General

He Knows What He's Doing Edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>[YouTube] CIVILIZATION VI Official Announcement Trailer

>Recommended mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

He thought he knew what he was doing:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eINr4EqAkSc
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>make a new thread
>people post in the old thread telling me to go ahead and make the new one
>they don't post in the new thread
Epic

Why is this so Epic?

You have angered the Fallen Empire. Prepare to face their wrath.

Thank you! Finally sleep is possible.

WHAT A DAY
TODAY WE DIE
I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING

It is the path you chose; now you must walk it alone
because I'm off to work now.

But it's fucking 11:45 PM here and I want to sleep

I'm here for about 6 more hours, I'll be afk for a while but I can probably bump it if it gets close to death zone
The thread will probably get alive in American hours anyway

Go on and do it
Jesus

10/10 nice OP picture.

So when are they releasing Civ VI? I quit my job to have nothing to distract me from Civ VI the rest of the year and to get some time to play Stellaris.

Hardly. One anon1 fucked up his game and anon2 got butthurt because anon1 didn't take his advice and began spamming the thread. It's cringy.

October I think. But I'll assume it won't be playable at the release desu, XCOM 2 is also made by Firaxis, right? I haven't played it yet but I didn't hear good things about its performances and bugs

>he knows what he's doing
I saved this one because someone requested it as OP image and the anon1 in question was being an idiot, he literally went and said >my placement is perfect.

So you're saying he didn't know what he was doing?

>anon1 places a city and posts screenshot
>anon2 says anon1 should have placed the city somewhere else
>anon1 says the placement is fine given the circumstances
>anon1 says he lost
>anon2 spams the thread for the next hour making image after image mocking anon1 just because anon1 didn't take anon2's advice, as if that city placement lost him the game
Cringy, as, fuck, senpai. Even for /4xg/.

No, we told him why he was wrong and he literally refused to listen and kept telling us his placement was flawless.

>The CIV VI civs "unintentional" leak was real

youtube.com/watch?v=eINr4EqAkSc

What you don't get is that doesn't even matter. It was one city and even if it was placed incorrectly it didn't necessarily lose the user the game. I don't play CBP so for all I know anon1 was right. Maye cities on the coast are more vulnerable early on in CBP than vanilla. Fact is, anon2 got offended and then spent an hour of his life doing nothing but spamming /4xg/ and creating images because some random ass user didn't place his city where he told him to place it.

Fuck, anon1 sounded downright polite towards the end. Even offered anon2 an apology. Anon2 stopped spamming at that point but I'll be damned if we celebrate him as he spans the next thread with his autism.

It's literally not just one user though. Quite a few people found anon1's berserk defense of his own city placement amusing.
Are you him? It was like three images, get over it.
No I am not him, I was asleep when it happened.

Anon1, please.
We get it, you're butthurt.

Video reveals that China's unique agenda is the "Wall of 10,000 Lis"

I guess China just wants to build a big wall to keep everyone out, and otherwise stay mildly isolationist. Or this could just be their "I want to have all the wonders" agenda that was advertised, plus a few extra things

These models make me want to kill myself. Can't watch the video right now, what are the uniques?

WE WILL BUILD A WALL
AND WE WILL HAVE THE XIONGNU PAY FOR IT

>Leader: Catherine de Medici

>National Ability: Grand Tour - Gain a bonus when constructing midgame wonders. Gain extra tourism for every wonder. (Two examples of the midgame wonders shown at 0:22 are the Venetian Arsenal and Mont Saint-Michel)

>Leader Ability: Ladies-in-waiting - Gain additional diplomatic information for every foreign civilization met. Researching Castles yields an additional spy.

>Unique Unit: Garde Impériale - Gain a bonus when fighting on the home continent of France, and garner Great General points from kills.

>Unique Infrastructure: Château - Must be built near a river. Provides culture, and special bonuses for being in the vicinity of wonders.

Looks like Garde Imperiale is a natural counter to America.

Isn't it England? IIRC, England gains bonuses on combat on other continents whereas America gains bonus on combat on their own continent

It will depend on where you and them spawn anyway

It makes a huge difference in TSL games desu

I mean if both are on the same continent ofc
England is best for attacking the Americans and French while the Americans and French are best for defending against the English if they're on different continents.

>Intelligence
Probably going to depend on how important intel actually is

I don't play CBP so assuming anon2 did play CBP a lot and knew what he was talking about, anon1 said he didn't even have problems with the city in question so it's a nonissue. Furthermore, anon1 was downright polite towards the end and anon2 kept on spamming. And yes, it was spam of the highest order. 3 images and like a dozen text posts that weren't discussion in the slightest.

So let's assume anon1 is a newb and was wrong. The worst he is guilty of is being cocky. Assuming anon1 wasn't lying and didn't lose the city in question due to sucky placement, anon2 is was flat out wrong to claim his advice would have saved him the game. And regardless, he had no right to get so offended that he should flood the general with a dozen posts.

I'd rather have polite newbs who discuss what they did on this board rather than cringe autists who stop listening and spam insults and then drag their autism to the next thread as if it's some ebin new maymay.

I like it. It's a well done caricature. If you know the person it is based off of even in passing you can tell who it is by the exaggerated features. It's like C:IV but without the swollen heads.

>a dozen posts
I guarantee you that there was more than one or even two people involved in posting He Knows What He Is Doing.

As OP I wasn't even around for it and used it because someone asked for it, and from what I can tell it wasn't 'cringe worthy', just dragged on a bit. user 1 was being an imbecile pure and simple, user 2 looked like he doing bantz.

Apparently, intelligence allows you to catch sensitive information like civilizations preparing for war, starting to build/currently building wonders, preparing to settle/just settled

Also the free Spy at Castle technology sounds like Vox Populi's English UA which gets a Spy LONG before other civs get to unlock it (Renaissance). If it's still before other civs, it could be powerful. If it's also Civ:BE style espionage, you could rape civs in the style of the ARC

XCOM 2 had fuckawful performance on launch and a few minor bugs, but they sorted that shit out in a few weeks.

The game itself was quite functional and complete, though.

Yup, XCOM 2 was buggy at launch, but they've since fixed that, and the game itself is complete; some of the interface stuff is annoying, like how grenades tend to snap to tiles, but that stuff is easily fixed with just a few mods. Moreover, the game is fun from the start and stays fun (aside from the frustration of losing soldiers because you screwed up, but that's XCOM, baby.)
It's certainly a far sight better than what's been done with games like Stellaris; XCOM 2 had all it's parts, there were just some bugs where a few of those pieces fit together. Stellaris just had the puzzle's boundaries; most of the center pieces were missing or "not included yet."

Nigga please. Firaxis know what they're doing.

Unlike Paradox.

>>[YouTube] CIVILIZATION VI Official Announcement Trailer
Nice link there

That's such bullshit desu.
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>xcom
>fun
i want to like xcom but holy hell i find it boring as fuck
It's just the same thing over and over

There was certainly at least a third user involved in the situation, as anon1 was actually defending his actions with someone as anon2 spammed the board. The fact remains though that anon1 and anon3 were relatively polite while anon2 just spammed and created those images. Anon2 said anon1 was being rude and anon1 offered a fucking apology, which you don't see very often on Veeky Forums. I assume the offer of an apology motivated anon2 to stop spamming.

I'm not going to fucking herald some user who gets offended at the drop of a hat and then spams /4xg/ for an hour and when offered an olive branch fucking leaves, and neither should you. I'm flabbergasted you would think otherwise.

I take it you were there. Do you play CBP? From what I can tell, city placement wasn't even an issue. Anon1 claimed he didn't even lose the city. Now either anon1 is a liar and he lost the city due to placement, he didn't lose the city but still made the bad choice of not putting it on the water because CBP doesn't make cities more vulnerable early game, or anon1 wasn't lying and cities are vulnerable and anon2 was completely wrong in claiming that he lost the game because of the city placement. Anon1 claimed he got attacked from the other side of the map or some shit.

I don't know why I'm even discussing this. I wouldn't give a flying fuck if it all stayed in the last thread. I just hate it when assholes are celebrated. It's shit like that that ruins communities. Also this adderall I took probably has something to do with me being willing to put a few hundred words into this topic.

Glad /4xg/ is bumping though.

Holy shit wall of text
>I take it you were there
No, I'm OP and didn't come onto the thread until after the entire discussion.
Wait until the adderall wears off, you're getting way too assblasted over this, he wasn't even being a dick by /4xg/ standards let alone Veeky Forums ones.

Please, anon1. Stop embarrassing yourself.
We all know you know what you were doing. Getting angry over this isn't going to help.

From what I've seen half of the stuff CBP says don't work lad

I'll keep it short then. He argument for why anon1 lost was flawed, he got assblasted himself because anon1 didn't take his advice, and then he dedicated an hour of his life spamming /4xg/ and creating those images.

You are right, that's level of cringe isn't unheard of. But I wouldn't be typing this if that was the only problem. The problem is that anons in this thread are celebrating the cunt. Leave it in the last thread. In a few hours he will be back and see your noble defense of him and go right back to being a cunt, expecting us all to listen to him, and to suffer his autism when we don't and pat him on the back when it's all said in done.

Ok user.. I dunno 4? I understand your anger and its ok to type it out but I think you need to calm down now.

Again you seem incredibly fucking angry for no reason. The second user didn't seem to be assblasted, just amused.

See , and See what I'm talking about?

>Someone isn't patting me on the back for being a cunt who spams the board when someone doesn't take my advice?! Must be a samefag!
That's not the kind of posters we want.

But Onee-chan, if a random person over the Internet who is obviously unbiased tells you that an user who made a minor meme out of someone else's fucks-up after being arrogant tells you that this user was assblasted, he's obviously right.

Why else would you laugh at someone's arrogant phrase right before he fucked up?

>we
Nigga please. You're not speaking for anyone but you here. You're the only one actually offended.

Because oneechan wants his dick

At any rate, I saved the pictures from the last thread.

Let this be a lesson : if you ask for help, don't shit on the people actually helping you.

FAGGOTS STFU ABOUT THREAD DRAMAS REEEEE(Really not feeling like making an OC now and this pic is the closest civ-meme frog pic I have, so it will have to do for now)

Let's calm down, post pics of your current games

If you're pretending to be OP, you're not.

If he was being a cunt I'd agree with you. But anon1 was the polite one. Anon2 was getitng assblasted for no reason.

>implying
You're a fucking retard.
I am the one who made all these pictures last thread, and I don't know what exactly you did. All I know is that you acted all haughty and pretentious, got your shit pushed in, and it was fucking hilarious.
The fact that you keep whining while pretending to be someone else only makes you even more pathetic when you were when you keep yapping that your city placement was "perfect" and that you knew what you were doing, even when it was painfully obvious that it wasn't the case.

user 2 was being 'rude', not 'assblasted'. There is a huge difference. user 1, polite or not, attacked the people who tried to give the advice HE asked for.

Yeah I'm getitng assblasted. Anybody would be getitng assblasted.

>He argument for why anon1 lost was flawed
How though? City placement is a huge thing, you can actually lose games for it especially that early.

Nigga please.

>implying you need to be OP to master the art of saving pictures

>someone made a new thread when old one wasn't dead yet
bravo

reposting here because other user kindly told me there was a new thread:

How come Civ V seems to be the universally preferred game here in /4xg/? It's unplayably annoying to me, coming as a newbie Civ IV (80-ish hours) player

The graphics, interface etc. all reek of overdesigned and completely nonfunctional garbage that only morons could have designed and greenlit in Civ V. It tries to look good but it just looks like shit. It's like the designers have never heard of good UI design principles. Everything is done for you, so you have to go look up a fucking guide on what hidden "streamlining" is done for the sake of cattle so you can disable it.

Especially being unable to manually change keybindings. That pisses me off greatly. Having to use AHK to get wasd to be panning buttons is unacceptable.
I already use vim, I refuse to fucking learn another key layout system for a fucking TURN-BASED game, and using the mouse for everything is ridiculously unergonomic when I have an entire other hand ready to rock but only useful for jerking off without customized keybinds

Civ V's GUI is an affront to humanity.
I don't know about its gameplay because I don't want to stick around long enough to bother.

The absence of borderless windowed, and the use of third party tools to provide said mode causing a cursor offset is just...
that shit's Jap-tier coding

>Nigga please.
>put the starting city in the wrong spot
>not fucking terrible
It wasn't his first but misplacing early cities is huge.

>implying you need to be OP
I meant because I claimed to have only saved the pictures.

Nice pasta. Where did you stole it?

I just checked. Anon1 didn't ask for advice. Why are you such a cunt? Just because he didn't take your advice after the fact?

>le samefag
Fuck off. I'm not defending some user. Anon1 was probably totally wrong. I'm calling you out for being a cunt who hijacked the thread because you got offended for no reason and then expect everyone to suck your cock for it.

>someone made a new thread when old one wasn't dead yet
>bravo
Yeah I did you massive fuckwit because I wanted to be able to go to sleep soon as it is now 02:00 (obviously I didn't, been reading manga like an idiot), and literally every time I neglected making a new thread for 4xg you idiots went and died instead of making a new one.

Civ V objectively has garbage graphic design and user interface design. That's not exactly a death knell itself; Civ IV isn't nearly as pretty, but at least it's intuitive. It's still not gonna make me jizz with excitement, but it doesn't give me a hernia at least

Wow, you really are a retard. Get some reading comprehension, re-read my post, then MAYBE I'll bother answering you, Mister "I'm Totally Not That Guy But I Like The Taste Of His Semen".

I'm not involved in this shit right now but here:
You are literally the only one butthurt over this and YOU are now the user spamming the thread.
Just let go, memes like this are usually short lived and if they're long-lived then well who cares it's a fucking meme

Someone sounds like they're overly defensive and a bit of a wuss, especially considering the other thread was up long enough for people to post in it without dying
You making a new thread isn't important, much like you yourself aren't very important

smileywithtthecaratnose.txt

It's unfair to compare Civ IV and Civ V because Civ IV is clearly one of (if not) the best 4x game ever created and everybody involved with either game knew that.

>someone made 4 pictures last thread to mock a retard
>retard has been spamming the thread even since
Gee, I wonder who's the shitposter.

Anon1 claimed that he didn't even lose the city in question. Apparently he just idiotically forgot Shaka couldn't expand so much that he can bypass his haughty choke point. That one city placement is therefore moot.

Unless CBP does something radical to the a city, placement on the coast doesn't mean much other than making bank on sea trade routes and the extra food from sea tiles.

I will however look into the Enhanced UI mod. I checked the Workshop but didn't find something like that in the top rated, and since I don't follow Civ too closely I took "Civ VI mods" at face value, forgetting Civ VI isn't out yet, so I didn't check the pastebin before

I asked if I should make a new thread though and received affirmatives you imbecile posting pasta.
>I'm not important
Yeah I'm not, but neither are you, and my experiences shows that the thread dies if I don't make one.

But Onee-chan, if that user says you needed his opinion before making a new thread, then you should believe him.
He's so important, after all.

[CITATION NEEDED]

But oneechan doesn't want his dick

>>I asked if I should make a new thread though and received affirmatives you imbecile posting pasta.
Good job on listening to what other people tell you without thinking for yourself. Maybe take this to heart as well: your a fagpot

Making a new thread when the old one reaches bump limit isn't exactly rocket science

Nigga please. We know what we're doing.

Civ V is not a bad game by any means, it is a great game, I love it, but Civ IV is a superior and more dynamic 4x experience whereas Civ 5 seems a little too stuck with certain play styles and whatnot.

You're right. But it astounds me why anons are supporting that cunt. You can tell when he showed up. He just started spamming nonarguments about me being assblasted. It was the same quality of posts last night that I caught the tail end of.

So long as he doesn't continue to shit up the board demanding that everyone listen to him I don't have a problem dropping it. I wanted a nice peaceful day playing CiV and posting on /4xg/ and got a little miffed when anons tried transplanting a flamewar from the last thread. That's like rule 1 of generals.

>Good job on listening to what other people tell you without thinking for yourself.
I personally felt like making a new thread and simply asked if it would be acceptable to make one before bump limit, which is contrary to convention. If it were over the bump limit, I'd have posted it right away.
Calm your ass and go play C2C or something, it's a good mod. Take EUI or just the CBP and go for it, it does help quite a bit (although some problems remain including the general style).
What the fuck is with all the baiters today anyway, was my OP that disagreeable? Should I just stick to anime pictures?

user you're awfully grumpy for an offhanded comment consisting in its entirety of "bravo", you're the one that started flinging shit when someone innocuously commented on the disregard of board convention based entirely on a bunch of other chucklefucks also disregarding board convention

Don't answer to it.

>He just started spamming nonarguments about me being assblasted
Funny, from my perspective, you have been the one constantly whining about another user being "assblasted".

And remember that you don't make the rules. We'll keep making fun of you if we feel like it.

Look
I don't know if you think the OP was transplanting or made by your anon2 but I literally didn't even know what the argument was about, I just saw someone requesting the next OP image and named it after what was in the image.
Now seriously, post some stuff or other memes, I have nothing to post.

What are you two even arguing?

>Should I just stick to anime pictures?
Yes. But dont worry too much about it.

No other user complained about the thread being early and Im pretty sure the majority is secretly thankful to our Oneechan for doing the tedious work of making new threads and having to deal with people disagreeing with OP pictures.

I believe Ed Beech said he wanted to make espionage more 'exciting' (his exact wording was that spies would get to do James Bond-esque missions), referencing BE's espionage system as an example.

I'm surprised they gave France the spy bonuses instead of Russia though.

He thinks I'm an ass for starting a new thread early. Maybe I am, seeing as I'm still awake and it caused a shitstorm to erupt.

Use as the next OP, please. It's worth it just to trigger the SJW refugee.

Some user is whining that the new thread was made early because he had to copypaste his shitty comment about how his tastes are better.

>you don't make the rules
Yeah, hence why meta discussion is necessary to maintain the health of a community. A good general follows informal rules that aren't strictly part of Veeky Forums's ruleobook.

I'll consider it if no other fresh memes or suitable images show up but I don't like to repeat OP images, it feels forced imo.

I literally just said "someone made a new thread when the old one wasn't dead yet, bravo"
You then responded calling me "a massive fuckwit" and an idiot and rampant blogposting as if I took a shit in your mother's burial urn

I'm not even sure why you were so mad

>implying
Let me say it again because you sound like a moron : YOU DON'T MAKE THE RULES.
You're just a little piece of shit endlessly whining because someone made fun of your stupidity and arrogance in the last thread.

What about this, then? It's as fun.

There seems to be a lot of multi-IP samefagging itt.

If you have to rely on samefagging, and worse, multi-IP samefagging to literally bully other anons into leaving, maybe your opinions are shit.

Sorry mate. The guy memeing on me 'transplanting' the flamewar pissed me off and then your pasta didn't really help (since you didn't even ask for suggestions, it just felt like you wanted to shit on something)
I probably overreacted.

>>
Yeah and you're obviously alone in your opinion. Deal with it or just shut up already, are you the sakurafag from /nsung/ too or is this what summer feels like these days, "polite" people hellbent on getting people to agree with them while preaching tolerance?

Eh we'll see, I pick images when I make the thread anyway. Preferably related to the general desu.

>that fucking face

If you need one, I can probably make a picture.

>calls me an idiot
>states something I just fucking said as if I didn't say it
wew

>MORON PIECE OF SHIT ENDLESSLY WHINING ARROGANT STUPID...
Quality post there, senpai.