>be looking for cheap econobox with good mpg
>discover fiesta
>none found within 100 miles with a hatch and manual
Fucking REEEEEEEE

>murrica
>manual
good luck

shut up and buy a civic for

why buy one civic for 5k when i can buy 5 corollas?

As someone who owns a fiesta, get one equipped with the 1.0 ecoboost engine or don't bother at all.

Or Just buy a base mitsubishi mirage and enjoy supreme dank mpg's.

because you'll have 5 shit cars instead of one decent one.

this is actually what i was referring to when i made the post. I filtered the other engine out when i was searching. Also, for some reason sellers like to list cars as manuals even when their not which makes me think that they would also list cars as the 1.0 ecoboost when theyre not. Is there any way to differentiate the two without looking at the engine bay?

>buy ef civic hatch shell for $50
>drop in used engine from cl
>car is an auto d15 and gets 45mpg

Ops a faggot

Fiestas with the 1.0 ecoboost have a badge on the rear that says SFE.

The ecoboost engine is only available with a 5-speed manual so you won't have to worry about the dct.

this is nice thread only, no rude boys pls go

It took me so long to find a picture of it. I went to a ford dealer the other day to test drive one and when i asked the salesman if the engine was the ecoboost one he immediately said yes.

It wasnt. Good thing i walked out.

Yeah sounds like he just wanted to off the car thinking you'd overlook it.

Wish I had picked up an Ecoboost model, the 1.6 mazda based engine does the job well but it's not quite as efficient or good sounding.

Why are you so stuck on this shit car? Get an older cheap shitbox or spend the same on a nicer car wth more miles.

Im getting a pretty hefty discount from my company. Also, i like the car why shouldnt i be interested?

Fiesta's are fun shitboxes in stick form.

How much? And because it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend (relatively) a lot of money on a shitbox that'll be worthless in a few years.

I also considered the mazda3 but its a bit more expensive than the fiesta. I would get one if i couldnt find a fiesta with an ecoboost. But im not in a hurry to buy.

Half off believe it or not.

I should also clarify that most hondas are insanely over priced in my area as i live in ricer boy city.

I have an ST, and I really want an SFE too.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you couldn't reach for a base model ST? About the same price as a Fiesta SE with the ecoboost option new, IIRC.

You in Baltimore? Literally the only cars that seem to pop up around here are Mustangs and trucks, and nothing in decent condition. There's like, one, Toyobaru listed on CL right now.

Honda Fit

Higher insurance cost and less MPG mostly. I havent really looked into them but your comment sparked a curiosity in me

No, but i feel you share the struggle friend

>tfw insurance sees ST only as a trim and insures it as a base fiesta

I pay pretty cheap insurance and average 30mpg combined/36+ on the highway. Definitely worth at least considering if you can manage it.

Sounds pretty good. I might actually get one considering how hard its been finding the other model