Audi Allroad

So I got an amazing deal on a 2001 Allroa Quattro and after driving it I was amazed and just bought it on the spot, making the mistake of not doing some research.

This thing looks like a money time bomb. Many reviews saying air suspension inevitably goes out before 100,000 and transmission failure is common. Does anyone have experience with these things who knows if these horror stories are something to worry about - or good maintenance tips to offset Audi's faulty parts that cause this?

Why the fuck would you buy a car and do no research beforehand?

You also get to deal with this when it fails. Oh, BTW, this is the back of the engine.

lel another idiot falling for the upmarketed overpriced audi meme...

yeah, you're pretty much fucked, especially if its the model from your picture...

the problems you listed aren't an if, but a when

not to even start mentioning all the myriad of other fucked up shit those cars bring along...

fuck you OP for being a dumb shit to the double

buying on the spot and buying an audi

Because I'm idiot.. I've heard of the timing belt being a problem too, yeah.. Jesus.. WHat were your experiences?

PArents have had one since 2004. Overall its been pretty reliable. No tranny or air suspension problems. Only thing is getting it fixed is a pain in the ass since they have to take it to Montana for the nearest audi dealer to work on it. Haven't followed their maintenance work or costs very closely but I'm sure its ludicrous.

A world of pain.

Reliable and ludicrous expenses don't match.

>this is what audi fag brains put out

You pretty much rip the whole front end of the car off to gain access to the front of the engine to do replace the timing belt. Honestly though, it's not as bad as it looks but it will look really bad when see some pictures of it.

I mean I'm not poor or anything and can pay a little extra for parts - just got done driving a BMW X5 and I wasn't on to be so outraged by some of the extra $$ to keep up. What are your ludicrous expenses from?

>audi fag

A faggot.

A man that sucks on other mans dick.

A man that uses tripcodes on 4chinz.

A man that think buying overpriced upmarketed Volkswagens is a sane choice and a symbol of status.

A faggot.

Lol at the guy who devotes his life to shit talking Audis on Veeky Forums.

OP just take care of it. It'll treat you as well as you treat it. Some people just like to buy cars and are scared to death of having to ever pop the hood, so the thought of having to do preventative maintenance terrifies them into having nightmares of being attacked by triple square wielding luftwafen.

You aren't very good at this, user.

Show me the Volkswagon that has all the bells whistles and creature comforts this thing does. Drives better than any Lexus or Mercedes I've been in and it's functionally a car Swiss army knife.Only payed $4800 for 87,000 miles with excellence maintenance thus far. Even if one of the usual items goes (on the exception of a $6000 trans replacement, ouch) this would be more than worth it otherwise.

He doesn't have that engine.

No need to be any better when it comes to fend of trip faggots.

Here comes the damage control. Why, you mad you got a subpar vehicle for the price of an upper level car?

Too fucking bad.

Typical audi mentality. Thinks he's on the club with the premium cars when hes only floating with VW's and Volvos.

Lol don't even pay attention to him. I swear he's made it his life's mission to rip on Audis in every thread they're mentioned in on here. It'd be kinda sad if it wasn't so hilarious.

VolkswagEn you ignorant nigger.

Anything under E classes aren't Mercedes.

It's function depends on how deep your wallet is. It's neither a car, neither a SUV, neither an offroad. Does none of those tasks with excellence and sucks at all of them.

It's a Frankenstein of a car and a shit one at it.

Plus, made from a parts bin from VW.

Well it would probably help if you read my trip before calling me an audifag lol.

In what world is $4800 upper level car price?

In a pre-farted in used car world for poor plebs like yourself.

The world of a kid who rides the bus to high school where he gets bullied by a dude who drives an Audi.

>bought $4800 audi
>complaining about problems

You brought all this upon yourself

With delusions of grandeur about buying a good product while getting a car made from leftover parts from VWs.

lel

they mad cause they can't afford proper premium cars so they project their reality

KEK, I had an 05 all road.

2.7t, had ok power. Mine had like 187k and the air suspension actually worked. Was owned by a doctors wife in Knoxville all its life and every little thing that broke was repaired at Audi.

Got like 21 mpg highway and required premium gas.... I felt it was a ticking time bomb and sold it.

Don't drive it like its a Honda shitslab and it won't break

DUDE ITS NOT HONDA/TOYOTA/MAZDA LMAO

Transmission will be fine if you take good care of it (change the oil everytime you change engine oil).

Same for the engine... change the spark plugs, take care of it and you'll be fine.

Air suspension... just depends on how many shitty roads the car has seen.

Like any other car things will eventually break. Just research the common failures and be prepared financially for when they happen.

For now you can just enjoy the car.

pic semi related I had a timing chain job done on my VR6 at about 165k miles.