What is a safer yet just/almost as fun alternative to a miata? I'm thinking either an e30 or foxbody

What is a safer yet just/almost as fun alternative to a miata? I'm thinking either an e30 or foxbody

>I'm thinking either an e30 or foxbody

every foxbody is rusted to all hell
80's crash test requirements were pathetic
good luck getting an e30 for cheap

go finance new miata

>fun
>miata
no power
>e30
german no power
>foxbody
no power cant turn noodle

why do you have such shit taste in cars?
>meme mobiles

>i drive stock cars
leave this board

Pontiac solstice

Serious answer here.
The Pontiac Fiero. One of the safest sports cars made prior to airbags. And it's a coupe.
The chassis isn't a unibody. It's a steel spaceframe so all the strength is in the metal skeleton of the car. The plastic body panels are not structural. They were actually crash tested without the body panels in place to see how the metal structure behaved.

And because it's a Fiero, aftermarket almost eclipses the Miata's. You can even add working airbags from a later model car if you want. You name it, it's been done.

>german no power
the final revision of the e30 M3 made 235 horsepower
the problem is, the E30 M3 is the ultimate german meme machine since it's the most successful track car ever and is expensive as fuck

>E30 M3
find an M3 for the same price as a Miata.

>muhv6 in charge of car advice

Save a little more and get an E36 M3, but make sure it doesn't need work because it will cost you.

>safer

??????
the fuck?

miatas are safe. they even have little airbags.
just get it roll hoops and you'll be perfectly safe

It's not like you can even go fast enough to hurt yourself.

the only dangers are rolling over if you don't have roll hoops, and getting hit by a lifted truck.

>tfw there's an alternate universe someplace out there where the Fiero mk2 went into production powered by the Olds Quad4

he's actually right

not happening unless he's looking for a nc miata

a "cheap" e36 m3 will likely have everything made out of rubber on it already shot (tierods/balljoints, control arm and trailing arm bushings, motor and transmission mounts, shocks/struts, tires if you're lucky) costing you at least $1-2k in parts alone

or it'll be automatic/salvage title/convertible

or it'll have 170-200,000 miles and still cost $7000-9000

350z or rx-8 i guess, op. people seriously underestimate how quickly this current generation butchers and kills off older sports cars. what you mentioned would've been viable options 6-10 years ago. hell, even e36 m3s in the $7-10k price range quit being a option from all the kids buying them, running them even further into the ground doing stance fag shit or failed track car builds, or totaling them out

i unironically blame gran turismo/forza.

>miata isnt fun
>no power x3
>meme
>shit taste

god fucking damn this post gave me cancer

why is the miata not safe enough for you?

i know a thing or two

If it was about snackcakes or hamburgers you'd know what you're talking about.

Fucking millennials, man.

>he pointed out the truth
>better call him mad
If I was as poor and retarded as you I'd hide behind a computer all day too.

Best answer ITT

I miss when gm let you do this to your car

help Veeky Forums, am poorfag who finally saved up enough money to switch from my beater camry to a 95 miata (my first rwd and manual trans car!)

Car has some cosmetic flaws but looks great mechanically and overall. Anyone got any maintenance tips or suggestions for squeezing thrills out of this thing? I try to be economical but I finally couldnt take reading about cars every day yet not owning one that I could have fun with. inb4 no power etc etc i browse this board every day.

Signing the papers tomorrow, cant wait

The only cars GM made that could drive with no body panels and be perfectly safe are:
Pontiac Fiero
Chevrolet Corvette
Saturn S-series
Saturn Ion (pic related)

>Fiero GT
GOD DAMN I WANT A FIERO GT SO FUCKING MUCH
Seriously, they have their own little issues, but they're fun and simple.

Pls don't steal my thread

NC Miata. Those integrated roll hoops and side impact bars are pretty strong.

Yeah...the kappa you cant remove the door panels and the rear quarter panels are part of the frame..

All,models shared the same,quarter panels...
Technically it had no true quarter panels..
Was it safe without the body?
It was hardly safe with the body

That's because the Kappa is a unibody. All 4 of the cars I listed use steel spaceframes for the chassis so the body panels aren't structurally important and are only there for looks.

>I'm thinking either an e30 or foxbody
the n/a is safer than both of those.

The miata's had pretty good safety ratings, i think the safest in their segment and certainly safer than an older car.

The e30 is not at all safe.

If you are really concerned, you might wan to try and find an 190 evo or 190 with an inline 6.