/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-SmileBASIC primary exploit out now: mrnbayoh.github.io/basicsploit/
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/jjsk0hvyv7t6gqs/Undubbed_Fates_DLC.rar
mediafire.com/download/utc4yf19ly3otc0/Undubbed_Fates_with_Dubbed_Awakening_Characters.rar
3dsthem.es/5602
pastebin.com/EBKipkPW
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm uploading an undubbed Fates DLC I built.

One with all DLC undubbed and one with everything BUT the Awakening chaaracters undubbed.

In case anyone was interested...

Is there way to install a .3ds file on rednand?

All my old savefiles are for the .3ds versions of games i used on gateway.

That sounds neat

you must convert it to cia

What are the odds of the downgrade failing?

I am torn between buying Freakyforms Deluxe and having one shot at it or buying Sky3DS+ for twice the price and having infinite + a guaranteed way to play games

Can I change the Mii on my friend card or delete the data in Mii Maker and Friend List without bricking or something?

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

I have USA FE SE undub with swimsuit and marriage and latest update in it

Will this work?

Anyone knows if the FE fates + DLC from titlekeys have nohr and neutral campaign?

if you format your system beforehand you won't softbrick

>3ds ftp

I pretty sure im a retard so can someone please explain to me how I do this?

Got some games on my PC I want on my 3DS but too lazy to take back cover off and this ftp thing looks useful as hell.

but then my saves dont work.

I NEED to be able to play the game the same way i dont on gateway without all the encryption a .cia does.

For sure user? If it softbricks I am damned

Ideally install and learn to use WinSCP. But if you're too lazy even for that, just type the address displayed in ftpd in a Windows Explorer folder's address bar as follows:

ftp://192.168.1.???:5000

The DLC will work on any English version. Doesn't matter if the main game is undubbed or not. The DLC will be undubbed when looking for the DLC files.

When will you upload yours? I assume its better than the ones on 3dsiso

I'm not uploading the main games btw. Only the DLC. I made my own version of the game with my own personal hacks. Anyway, MEGA is being shit so I'll try mediafire.

How long would it take to copy over 4gb of files? Each one is 2gb

Is it possible to unlock amiibo content without using an amiibo?
I assume I'd need NTR or some shit, right?

I just want undub dlc. What hacks?

Didnt work.

I copied a file and it said I dont have permission or something and that it was busy with another process or something.

Some support fixes and I also hacked the children to be able to use their father's sacred weapons. I also made all weapons tradable and sellable. This also allows anyone to use the amiibo weapons.

ok /hbg/ please give me some assistence
i have a CFW 3ds with rxTools
my little sister updated the firmware sometime like in February, so it is now in 10.5
the question is, can i use browserhax, downgrade to 9.2 and still use my same SD with my old emunand without having to format?

Thanks in advance

yes

Hi, i read the op but i couldn't find info,
here's my issue: i'm on EmuNAND 10.2 with Cakes CFW, how do i install a9lh?

Nice. I await your upload. All dlc though right?

ok just to be sure
what emunand tool do you recommend for the safest backup
in case things go bad or it asks me to format my emunand?
i read that the latest version does'nt seem to set the right size or something?

which r4 card do I need for my new model 3ds xl on luma/a9lh?

Im at nds-card.com right now and idk which I need.

Nigger it works just fine. Just injekt the file with JKSM or something.

I stopped following this scene more or less when A9LH was announced.
Is there still any brick danger if you do everything correctly or is it gone? At the beginning there were some random bricks if I remember it correctly.

Yeah.

mediafire.com/download/jjsk0hvyv7t6gqs/Undubbed_Fates_DLC.rar

English Awakening version.
mediafire.com/download/utc4yf19ly3otc0/Undubbed_Fates_with_Dubbed_Awakening_Characters.rar

Only stupidity could make you brick while doing the steps on Plailect's guide

This works with my USA version of special edition, with all the uncensored shit put back in?

It will work on any version, hacked or not, as long as the region is USA.

FE DLC off 3dsiso is 455mb yours is 228

Why

Where is my iosu fried chicken?

My 3DS is hacked and I'm on the latest Luma3DS.

Is it safe to update to 11.0 or is there something else I need to do first?

Mine doesn't include the Revelations path.

Why?

Because I use the Special Edition. Why waste extra space when Revelations is already included in the Special Edition?

It's safe to update emuNAND, and if you set up a9lh you can even update sysNAND.

The 3dsiso DLC includes all paths for DLC and is 455mb, yours is half

I dont get it

I know but I can't be fucked to do a9lh at this point. I hacked it over half a year ago and have a lot of games and progress that I'm afraid of losing by fucking up and bricking somehow.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess.

Fuck if I know.

If you don't trust me, you can decrypt the DLC yourself and see it's there.

3dsthem.es/5602

This is my second theme, just felt like sharing it here

Does this guide still work today?

pastebin.com/EBKipkPW

DSTT or R4i-SDHC, basically any card that can forward ds games to your homescreen
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

Which is better and/or cheaper between DSTT and R4i-SDHC?

just follow plailect's guide

Jesus Christ, why would you want to follow that old shit guide?

Does this work with the latest version?

The latest firmware? Not without a hardmod or some other BS IDK. Plaitech's guide has all the info you need.

If I can't find something on Freeshop/CIAngel or title keys, is 3dsiso my next best option? I've heard that the .cias there could get you banned, any truth to that?

I've been using CIA's I made myself and a shit ton from 3DSISO and can play online just fine for a whole year.

>I've heard that the .cias there could get you banned, any truth to that?

You're thinking of .3DS files, a concern for Gateway users only.

Good enough for me then. Thanks guys.

>outdated everything and still uses the very first build of sysupdater which is unstable as fuck
go for it user

>download pokemon y through freeshop
>update game to latest version through official eshop

holy shit nintendo can you do anything right

Well, you don't really need to have the game to download updates. Which makes it ever worse if you ask me.

VITA

CFW

WHEN

NEVER

EVER

Which one deletes the .cia after downloading and installing, freeshop or ciangel?

Are .cia pokemon legal? can I trade them and everything without anyone noticing?

Perfectly legal. Even if you're playing a good romhack they just require a few quick modifications in pkhex and they'd be legal too.

yup, it's all good unless you intentionally use PKHex or whatever.

>legal

Nigger you think the swat is going to raid your home in the middle of the night for contraband pokemon and send you to 10 years in a federal prison

Hahaha

Just follow the guide from Part 4 onwards
>1 hour later
Better late than ever.

3DS

HAS

NO

FUCKING

GAMES

Does the chip requirement in Super Mario RPG mean that it can't be injected in VC?

Come on, user. I want vita cfw too but the 3ds has a handful of good games

don't think so but it plays just fine on pocketsnes

>handful of good games

You're right. It literally has a library of good games that I can count on one hand.

The R4 RTS is like $15, just get that.

Asking this again.

I downloaded Conception 2 from CIAngel and works fine and all but when i close the app and open FBI or any other homebrew app it just crashes the whole system. Also cant seed the game with FBI because it gives me a 404 error.

Using a n3ds with a9lh+5.5 luma

>I downloaded Conception 2
I'm so sorry

I'm sorry for myself too but i got nothing better to download and play aside from the 15 that I've already finished

1. Make sure you have 4+ hours to sit and follow the entire guide to completion from start to finish.

2. Follow the guide down to the letter.

3. Do not deviate from the guide whatsoever or take shortcuts.

4. See 1, 2 and 3.

>Q: How risky is hacking my console?
>A: Bricks are now basically impossible unless you ignore/circumvent all safety checks.

Is there an easy way to transfer a save file from the SD to my computer?

I want to play Super Mystery Dungeon but my sister already has a save and I don't want to delete it.

Thank you.

SaveDataFiler is the old way, dunno if there's a better method.

/hbg/, about a year ago I bought two N3DSs by jewing them for $100 each out of Walmart and installed A9LH on one of them. The other one I never opened up.

Which is worth more moneywise when it comes to resell - a brand new unopened N3DS, or a N3DS opened solely to install A9LH (and maybe a bunch of 3DS games dumped and installed since I have a lot of physical carts)?

If it's worth mentioning, I'm pretty sure I can downgrade this other N3DS to 9.2 and it's likely to have a TN screen since my first N3DS did.

To play a GBA game you have to do install to the Actual nand?

Total scrub question. After installing a .cia with FBI, am I good to delete the .cia file to free up space on my SD?

sysnand yes

this is probably a really stupid question but after following all 5 steps of the guide and getting everything set up, is it okay to leave a 2ds in sleep mode for long periods of time now?

yes

yes

install to sd on sysnand and emunand, dsiware i think is where you install to actual nand

Unopened

I got freeshop working with the updating title keys Cia app. I'm having an error tho when accessing the eshop so I can't update my free games. Can I just use Cia angel for updating/dlc?

yes

I bought a top IPS new for $195 last month.

New 3ds's with luma a9lh on it with 64gb cards sold for $300 with grip by cyber something. No IPS

special edition ones with IPS and luma and a9lh went for like 500

How do I convert 3ds into .cia?

literally first google result

Ok so I'm on part 3 of plailect's guide and I can't get "Emu" to show up in front of the version number. I'm pretty sure I'm on RedNAND though, since at this point SysNAND only has the default 3DS software and RedNAND actually has my data on it. My DNS settings are already on auto-obtain.

Should I use an older version of Luma(using 5.5)?

show nand is settings should be set to on in luma config

>MH4U 2.5gb
>MHG 1.5gb

SO is 4U better, orlonger, or has more content, than Generations? Even though Generation is newer than 4U

I'm trying to do basehaxx on an o3ds 11.0.0_33-EUR.
I have: target o3ds, hacked o3ds (RX. 11.0) and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

My problem is that when I use "change name of the secret team", it triggers the hack but then the game crashes and the console proceeds a reboot.

I think that the problem is about the 1.4 update. In fact, the target console have this update but it seems that the hacked doesn't have it.

Where can I find a flawless AS Pokemon cia update?
Is thee another problem with my method in basehaxx (update payload on hacked 3ds?)

Thanks anons. I guess there's no price devaluation after opening a new N3DS as long as you install A9LH.

>special edition ones with IPS and luma and a9lh went for like 500
Holy shit.