/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #517 - Master Plan Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y1XOpPoh0K8
twitter.com/HunterBridges/status/758008405231403008
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alright. Video games.

What's your favorite, /sthg/?

So is this guy the biggest villain?

Adventure 2 is still fun to play.

Mine's Saints Row 2, unless you mean Sonic games. Then Generations.

Jet Set Radio Future is the greatest 3D Sonic game.

Dark Souls 1

Sonic rush is the best modern Jet Set Radio game.

Funny enough my favourite game in general is SA2B

Give me ONE(1) character that can defeat Hazama/Terumi.

Doom

God Hand.
The combat is something that I don't expect to be surpassed in my lifetime.

3&K.
I know, I'm vanilla as fuck.

Sonic stared at the sun too long.

It's Eggman. Because he's fat.

Y'all be good now

For Sonic? I'm not sure

My ideal game is probably somewhere between Lost Word and Generations

Playing Sonic Dash and loving it. It's like Pepsiman, but lewd.

Too bad it's just the same stage all the time and the same two bosses doing the same pattern of attacks.

Amy pantsu shots are the best thing of the game.

Blaze the Cat

Was this made back when people thought the photoshopped Rayman "leak" for Sm4sh was real?

I wish it was real, but I was savvy enough at the time to realize it could easily have been a photoshop.

Agreed. It's one of the big reasons the comic is shit. It focuses on characters and has entire arcs dedicated to non game characters and in a comic about a video game franchise that's retarded

Hottest pussy.

Favorite Sonic game? Sonic CD.

Favorite game overall? Zone of the Enders The 2nd Runner.

I love how Orbot and Cubot basically became the Scratch and Grounder of main series Robotnik. I have no idea what he even keeps them around for.

I found this really interesting video about Sonic's Gameplay and how you need it can be fixed. Trust me, it's far more watchable than that Indy Australian guys video.

youtu.be/Y1XOpPoh0K8

MEAN!

They seem to be servants/secretaries in the Archie comics

>I have no idea what he even keeps them around for.
To talk to.

Sonic game: Sonic Generations
Others: Doom, Half Life, and Killer 7

Sonic 3 & Knuckles. That was also my first sonic game.

ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL!

Sonic: SA2B
General: Tie between Mario Galaxy and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

For the user who asked for Sonic and Kitty. Got bigger than expected.

>Do you do commissions?
Yes, but I'm WAY behind. Like I've got several I've hardly started on.

The cutest!

There could never be anything more pure. I'm caught between the romantic softie in me and the part of me that wants to see lewd kitties and Gratuitous upskirts.

I'm happy this is a thing.

Gotta draw fast

I'm not sure I fully agree with this since I think the adventure games control perfectly but is a decent concept and I think is a good way of implementing platforming in the boost formula. With that said I disagree with the arcade like scoring system since it ignores the fact that collecting goodies via nonlinear game design gives sonic the bulk of his replayabilty and pushes forward what I would argue is an inferior form of skill mastery

teeth

Romantic lewd is best lewd.

ABT would be proud

Here's a question. Throughout the many media adaptations and writers of sonic, the character has a lot of somewhat different interpretations. Despite having a definite personality, a lot is still left up to interpretation.

So, what are your personal interpretations of some of the sonic characters, or maybe just head canons that you'd use if you were writing him.

Sonic: Free and easygoing. Doesn't really hang out with people unless they go out of their way to find him. Tends to be closest to people who can keep up with him like Tails and Knuckles. Hates obligations that trap him like relationships or schedules, but has a strong sense of duty to defend the helpless.

Knuckles: Didn't really interact with anyone until Robotnik and Sonic came along. He simply understood his duty since childhood and protected the Master Emerald, which is why he's a bit naive and gullible.

Amy: Has surprising strength and speed for a girl her age, although being slower than sonic and weaker than knuckles, it's still quite a bit greater than one would expect. Prefers to avoid rolling into a ball because it messes up her quills and appearance which she keeps under strict maintenance. Not quite the person to throw the first punch but will definitely push back if you put pressure on her or are unlucky enough to tick her off.

Sheesh Gold. Your Amy's eyeshadow and smug sharp-toothed grin is HOT.

should i read the comic if I had a crush on her from the cartoon as a small babychild who didn't know what kind of deep shit he was getting himself into

Egg Bosses in swimsuits when?

Well her personality hasn't changed much so maybe. She's mostly a side a character though

Well, she's married to Antoine now. I don't know if that will help or hurt your fictional crushing.

Seems like fun. Might as well throw one in

Shadow: Very reserved, almost stoic. Takes things very seriously and can be seen as blunt. Prefers to keep to himself but does appreciate the company of characters like Rouge and Omega, who he has immense trust in. Very strong sense of justice like Sonic. Speaking of Sonic, he isn't too fond of him but holds a great respect for the hedgehog and is somewhat jealous of his freedom and carefree attitude. He isn't very emotionally open but he isn't robotic. He feels emotions like happiness, sadness, disappointment, and so on, but they're very subdued and only people who really know him can pick up on them. Has a small fear of being controlled and manipulated, which leads to trust issues and makes it hard for him to have faith in others. Despite how much of a loner Shadow can be, he still does appreciate having others around, and fears the day that he outlives everyone he knows

Yes. It's pretty good stuff and while Bunnie doesn't get as much page time as other characters, the page time she does get is generally good and stories about her (like Thicker than Water) range from good to great, though they are rare

Metal Sonic is best character.

I know know how anyone could like Antoine, he always reminded me of a fuccboi version of Don Karnage from Tail Spin

>Doesn't really hang out with people unless they go out of their way to find him
I see him as the opposite, someone that will be friends with as many people as possible. Sure he has a closer inner circle and he can be a snarky ass sometimes, but he knows the best adventure is one shared with friends.

I really can't get over how simple is japanese comedy.

Those teeth are brutal

>four fingers
>cankles
Gross

The reason I feel that way personally is because
1. So many games that begin with a "Long time, no see" or a "We've got to find, sonic" scene.
2. The fact that there's a lot of games where sonic is traveling around without tails, or if tails is there, his other friends hang back while Tails follows him. Ie. Tails seeks him out.

It's less that sonic's anti-social. More that he's not a real "Hang out with a bunch of friends all the time" kind of guy. He goes off and does his own thing and his friends are kind of a happy change of pace. In my opinion anyway.

Do you really want to see Wendy Witchcart in a two piece?

twitter.com/HunterBridges/status/758008405231403008

So what happened? SEGA hired us to produce the #Sonic25th live stream. My team worked tirelessly for over a month on it

(Working for SEGA is a dream gig for us, big Sonic fans)

Day of show, lots of weird issues. Rental house didn't give us a lens. 300ft wireless working at

Then after ALL THAT, our host still comes back on screen to finish the show, and gives birth to the #StuffedNachos Totino's Pope meme

We actually made it from intro to credits without stopping. I couldn't believe it

So yeah, it was intense dealing all that when I knew 50,000 people were watching

But I think given the circumstances, we all made the right choices and minimized the degree of failure as much we could

Nonetheless, the mission was a failure. A lot of hard work wasted. But oh boy will I learn from it, and what a great story too

[...]

I want to add that I chose to kill crowd mics while isolating audio issues. People _were_ singing along to @Crush40. The crowd was ballistic

>our host's girlfriend suffers an accident and ambulance takes her to hospital
wew

>Stuffnachos totino's pope meme

What

Also, glad to see the event itself went off well, though crazy, and people there enjoyed it.

Hope Aaron's girlfriend is alright.

Should we make a dumb, embarrassing Iwata card for her?

jim sterling is a piece of shit

If that's the price I have to pay to see Clove's mecha legs.

I don't think it was Aaron that was doing the Totino's stuff, was it?
Maybe it was the other dude.

Sounds like an unfortunate mess all around.

He got better in the Archie comic. He became less and less of a coward and prick as the book went on, with his father's last words telling him that he was proud of him. He eventually worked up the courage to propose to Bunnie, they got hitched, and then he later sacrificed himself to protect Elias from an exploding Metal Sonic. Ian planned to have him die in his coma in issue #237, but (apparently) the fans ended up saving him, so he stayed comatose until the reboot, where he was perfectly healthy (albeit severely freaked out by experiencing his pre-reboot self's memories of nearly getting killed).

Post-reboot, he's part of an exchange program between Mobotropolis and his home country, and ended up becoming Sally's personal bodyguard. He's still married to Bunnie post-reboot, and is generally less cowardly (or perhaps he knows how to manage his fears better) than he was pre-reboot.

Yes. Definitely.

Only if Cassia gets to wear one.

He'll always be a piece of shit.

He's profiting right now over shenanigans caused by an accident that hospitalized someone.

But what if some of us want to see Cassia's robo legs?

Glad I wasn't the only one who thinks that he's a snobbish asshole on his high horse for way too long. Even CinemaSnob is more bearable and being snobby is his gig.

cinema snob is a character based on Rodger Ebert, Brad Jones is actually really chill 99% of the time

Jim Sterling isn't a character, he might play it up in the videos but if you listen to his podcast he's actually like that. Typical "if you don't agree with me you're a cretin and not worth debating" mentality. Basically the same thing /v/ does but from a different angle

Checked off the wall. Best and most fitting girl to boot.

>Gamesonly crowd can keep their waifus

I think Clove has white underfur though. You can see it on her tail in official art. Still though, nice unf'ng job.

Egg Boss beach party when? I wanna see Abyss and Nephthys in swimwear too.

>Nepthys

You just know her body is all scarred and fucked up like pic related

Sonic fans are the worst.

How is Mania not met with just outright joy?

Ian Flynn showed that fans of Sonic are what's needed to revitalize all things Sonic. The only limit is their skill, which needs to be farmed up over some years. Sega should consider doing this for 3D modellers, animators, coders and the like.

Anyone who doesn't think Mania is the tightest shit should fuck off forever.

Nice fourze image

user please.
My penis can only get so hard.

Sonic fans can truly be the worst sometimes. Everyone seems to have a different idea of what a Sonic game 'should' be, and if the next game to come out doesn't fit that idea, it's automatically trash.

I'm personally reserved for the idea of Sonic Mania - Taxman and his team have done some really good work in the past with remastering games, but there's a difference between polishing an existing product and in creating an entirely new one. Even with Sega's backing, the team may not have what it takes to recreate a 'classic-feeling' Sonic game, even with their promises to remain faithful to the original physics and play-style of the series. That said, I'm sure the game will still be enjoyable enough regardless.

Sonic 2017, on the other hand, is being produced with a larger and more experienced team, functioning with a much higher budget and a broader understanding of what made their previous work sell so well, so I have no doubts that it'll be fun to play.

>Make the best, most universally acclaimed Sonic game (announcement) in years
>Still get shit all over by disagreeable fans
Being Taxman and Stealth must be suffering

At least (most of) their own kind appreciates their endeavors.

Is there anyone who worked on Sonic 1 still apart of Sonic Team?

Pretty sure her eyes and ears are the only robotic parts of her body.

I wish I hadn't seen this. I was over this for the most part, and now I don't even have someone I can blame too much after reading this. It pains me that it was a great party and I enjoyed it so much, but we waited so long for it and it could have been so much better if things worked out as they were planned. To make things worse, it's certain that there isn't going to be a Sonic party like this one ever again.

feels bad man

I'd say it's the other way around.

Taxman, Stealth and squad have worked on these projects before to critical acclaim and know what they're doing. Everything we've seen, heard and, in some cases, played of Mania confirms it's all going in the right direction.

2017, however, could be anything. Sonic Team are mostly unreliable in what they'll actually put out. It could be Generations 2. It could have a dumb werehog-esque gimmick. It could be something completely different. There's absolutely no way of knowing and that's worrying.

What about Thunderbolt and Conquering Storm?

Do you want an honest answer to that?

Just want to say that the constant #1s are what turn me off from getting into Marvel & DC. Essentially telling me, "you don't need to care about the current story, because we're just gonna reboot it in a couple years anyway for a quick boost." Why should I get invested?

I honestly feel like Sonic should never, ever, do a restart to a new #1. Keep that record going.

This bothers me and I'm not even such a fan of the Classics.

But you don't need to care about like 200 chapters of the comic.
It literally got rebooted but just keept the number.

This.

This is why I read Sonic over any other comic.

There's 11 years of good continuity that I love.