/evog/ - Evolve General

Nail in the Coffin Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
steamcommunity.com/games/273350/announcements/detail/609493948032159746

Canon Stories:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-hunter-stories-canon-latest-story-kalas-story/25399

Old shit

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/273350/announcements/detail/609494389803921586
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/update-2-03-discussion-thread/95241/14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NEW UPDATE
Forgot to include in the OP

steamcommunity.com/games/273350/announcements/detail/609494389803921586

Second for wraith best waifu

did they remove the idle option?
i was playing as a monster and i couldnt find it anymore...

nth for blitz leopards giving Caira sensations Goliath couldn't

if you guys have had a chance to play around with the balance changes, is it as bad as it seems?
please tell me it isn't

This new update fucking broke the game, then I tried uninstalling and it fucking broke steam

caira does not fuck aliens

blog post incoming because im egotistical

Evolve is on a RAPID decline because TRS has shown once again how completely inept they are it comes to balancing.

It gets harder and harder for new players and pubs to actually compete with every patch they release. They are actively driving their new players away, and all that will remain are a couple thousand extremely loyal fans if that. Some hunters are still completely unplayable at average to high level play (Lazarus seriously shouldn't even be in the fucking game he's as such a low point. His kit is complete counter intuitive to Stage 2's mechanics, yet they somehow are blind to this).

I'm more than likely quitting this week or next week as someone with 200 hours in the game who loved Stage 1 and 2. These balancing decisions are seriously going to make my head explode. The only way to win as hunters against high level monsters are with extremely super sweaty tryhard premades.

/end blog post that literally no one cares about

Sensations of displeasure?

She'd be ashamed by her lack of displeasure, hiding her face in the dirt as her hands are pinned by two large paws

she doesn't try to, yes

no fuck off with your cuckolding fetish

CROW OR ABE, FUN FACTOR AND GUD FACTOR

doing the cucking isn't such a bad thing

Why is it so hard to find a lobby where people stay

talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/update-2-03-discussion-thread/95241/14

>this is an Executive Producer on the game
>people wonder why bad decisions are made constantly at trs

whiny fags that only want to play their preferred class

most people either play a certain class or just do their reward challenges

the game itself is no longer much fun with all these shit changes fucking it up every week so I only do challenges and while I'm at it I dodge shitters and shit picks

They both only have stasis, which only really affect bad goliaths and bad wraiths. And bob. Poor bob. Abe is a better tracker after the first encounter, but crow is better at finding him.

It seems in return to the split damage acid, the Gorgon's acid now has a higher burst that will instamelt you.

one of the people brings up a good point in this thread, laz got even more nerfs through the dropship timer starting as soon as someone gets downed
this gives him less time to revive someone, right?
didn't think it was possible for a hunter to reach tier 5

>support preferance
>go into lobby with 2 prefered assults, trapper and medic
>sweet i'll play support
>get monster
>check challenge
>meteor goliath
>vs parnell, cabot, caira, jack
>my monster is lvl 3, i played like 4 games as monster
>hunters 30+ with fancy shields instead of level flags
>pick new anti jetpack perks
>get domed stage 1
>down cabot, then caira
>armor is gone, lost 75% hp
>dome is down
>fuck it and unload all i have
>cabot gets up as caira dies
>down him again
>focus parnell, while jack tries to stop my traversal, leaps and charges
>down parnell
>jack runs away and i miss my pounce
>they are all back right next to us
>kill cabot since he had 2 strikes
>then goes jack and caira
>pounce parnell right next to her with 1 bar of hp
>she unloads the peashooter
>win stage 1 with 5% of the last hp bar
>it's my 1st win
Feels good.

>Haven't won a single match as hunter today
>Won ever match as monster
come on son.

>don't really deal with cheats or cheaters
>punish legit players anyway
>nerf nearly every hunter to shit
>in a week "our spreadsheets show that monsters have a 90% winrate vs pubs, time to nerf them all to shit and halve their hp"
>cheaters skew data some more

holy shit Crow is fun
Really glad I got Jack out of the way

im waiting for a fuckin pub where the players just accept their given roe and dont quit like a bitch when they dont get their preferred role.
its getting ridiculous, i have to spend more time in the lobby than playing the game itself

DESU everybody on this fucking thread would be better at balancing than TRS. None of the hunters got nerfed, while every single one of the monsters got buffed. Next patch they're going to give everyone paintball guns and make goliath's rock homing.

If you want to know how this game will die:

>start as a Monster
>immediately win few matches in a row
>get bored of stomping the kids

>start as a hunter
>immediately lose 80-90%l matches in a row
>get bored

Pretty much sum it up

This game will never had anything that would make it a prolong fun from the start.

Nothing will save it and we all know it.

check this shit out, game from the other day rate/10 please

to the victor goes the spoils

too much damage+time

>that file name

WOAH THERE

delete this

every hunter feels like sex after Jack

k crow is cool and all but is there any way to keep your gun from covering fucking half of your screen?

Congrats user.

>smash a team of garbage tryhard hunters

>instantly die suddenly

one of them got tired of your shit and headshot you across the map

CAN WE ALL JUST SPAM TRS' FORUMS WITH BUFF HUNTERS PLEASE

>making people lose their winstreak is important
>the fact that you lose MMR if you win a ranked isn't
>As soon as a Hunter gets incapped, the dropship timer begins counting down.
>Take a Break has been Removed

>tfw i spend all my keys on shitty hunters yesterday and now I don't have any keys for grounder perks

>making people lose their winstreak is important
Not what the purpose is. What's important is making people stop leaving lobbies when a match has been "decided", as in, people have roles they should play. Rather than leaving the players should ask the others if someone wants to swap, if not, fucking tough luck, suck it up and play a round. Might not have been the best way to do it but it's probably better than losing keys or actually having a cooldown timer before you can play again.
>the fact that you lose MMR if you win a ranked isn't
It is, TRS is just incompetent and probably don't even know why it happens. Who knows if they'll ever fix it.
>As soon as a Hunter gets incapped, the dropship timer begins counting down.
That's pretty bullshit I will admit.
>Take a Break has been Removed
People were abusing it, similar to if they don't get the role they want they'd just go idle and let the bot play, only briefly clicking back in so they don't get auto kicked.

TRS is killing their game again, and this time they can't blame 2k

They're not gonna make any fucking money, everyone's gonna be gone before the f2p 'release'. Well done, retards.

>in lobby with 3 other hunters
>have a nice 12-winstreak
>one shitter, propably without any winstreaks anyway, leaves
>can't leave or lose all
>has to fight with a bot that will drag you down
masterpiece, TRS. genius

First time I got more than 15 seconds on Kraken

He was really bad
Usually if Monster is Kraken Jack turns into little banshee mines killer biy because he is utterly useless against him

>"Hey man want to jump on real quick? Someone left the team"
>"Sure just a sec"

Oh right, you have no friends.

love wraith
fuck wraith
snuggle wraith

Seems like no one has friends then because noone invites their friends when we're about to play with bots

why are these threads so obsessed with wraith when CLEARLY behemoth is the superior waifu

if you don't want people leaving, then you shouldn't force them to play a role they don't want.
I can totally sympathize with people that quit if the get hunter when they wanted monster or vice versa. And to a certain extent also people that wanted to play a specific hunter role and got something else.

I'll admit losing a winstreak is not a big deal, but it's just an annoying feature. I still have to download the patch and play but I'm sure TRS is retarded enough to have made that if you quit after someone else has quitted you lose your winstreak too (and if you keep playing with the bot you probably lose anyway)

do the shove him into the ground meme m8

>all those hunter nerfs

Fucking WHY

TRS only listens to streamers who only play monster.

getting stomped as monster is more depressing than getting stomped as hunters so they whine way more

also trs wants to side with streamers

>Things that never happened.
Played so many matches and somehow no one ever invites friends.

Because behemoth is in quarantine for space aids

>trs wants to side with streamers
>not a single evolve streamer has more than 200 viewers

>17 minute match
never play monster again please

>Even more buffs to monsters.

Wtf am I reading.

you're a fucking faggot. have you even SEEN the shit that behemoth's tongue can do? imagine him jacking you off with his amazing tongue, and cumming everywhere, having behemoth lick it all off of you.

>'Yeah, we recognize that'll be a problem. You'll notice in the notes that Laz got a little buff to account for this. We'll watch him carefully!'

>make Laz's signature ability literally useless
>reduce his damage
>give him a bit of hp regen when cloaked

We buffed him, we swear!

I had a nearly half hour match with a behemoth on orbital drill. He got to stage 3 and it basically turned into a fucking siege because he hid in the little relay room and kept walling off one side.
We somehow ended up winning with a suicidal emet and a support bucket who'd set up all his turrets in a blob somewhere off in the corner whenever we got a dome off.

this image fucking sold me. wraith is a top tier waifu and I have no idea why. she's just so fucking cute.

I didn't say they were smart

still won nigger :)

Welcome to the patrician side

Being a pub hunter is suffering

>Auto Dropship

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

downing people at level 1 was a fucking nightmare, if you went ham you could MAYBE pull out a win if you were fast enough but with this it's literally going to be impossible unless people just stand together and never use their abilities

if you cant impregnate your waifu she is automatically shit

>they nerfed assault shields

I am become meguca

Your best hope is playing Trapper but your assault is guaranteed to be braindead, your lazarus (you will always have a lazarus) will waste cloak before anyone is down, and your bucket won't do shit

that just means more fucking ;)

why the fuck does my game keep crashing

>they trapped the cutie

savages

>marry wraith
>fuck many times
>order an egg baby teleported from alien invasions inc.
>problem solved

Gorgon perks?

no it means your lineage ends with a degenerate nerd :^)

>impregnation

Disgusting.

Also, no need for protection. Pure, untamed sex.

space medicine says otherwise

>your lazarus (you will always have a lazarus) will waste cloak before anyone is down
not to mention he has 5 seconds to revive the first person to go down (if he even uses his gauntlet at all)

Now we can harness her sexual energy

yes they did. read the patch notes you faggot.

that means as a monster you only have to camp a body for 5 seconds

low testosterone "man" detected. get out of the thread and let the big dogs play

joy

>Just won as stage 1 Meteor Goliath vs Parnell, Caira, Cabot, Jack. My monster level is 3, their character levels were 30+ with fancy shields instead of flags.
>I have like 5 games as monster.
>Feels good.

It feels good to win with the easiest monster that's nothing but pure cheese? Nice.

>match start
>pre-math animation ends
>HUNTERS WIN

The fuck.

>find ancient login info for aprivate underground forum
>search Evolve
>find out it is a hot thread
>new cheat is out
>instant win for either monster/hunter
>HD regen for M?H
>jetpack regen
>teleport
>no cooldown
>no collissions
>one hit kill
>etc
>ask why price is 3x lower than old cheats
>hour later dude says "well I don't need to throw in 60$ to update it now"

That's basically what this game is.

They had the audacity to say that they were receiving less complaint threads since they started doing changes when the immediately obvious reason was that they were down to 1/4 playerbase already.

They're dumbfucks and legitimately cannot into balancing so they deserve to have their game flop twice. It'll be a good wakeup call that it was their shit decisions the entire time.

>easiest monster
>moliath

you havent played for more than a few games have you

moliath is one of the best balanced monsters. if you want easiest, thats kraken.

>Goliath
>fun to play as
>most fun to play against

>M. Goliath
>still fun to play I guess
>playing against it is total bullshit

What went wrong

>moliath
>balanced
good one. next you'll say that hunters are OP and need to be nerfed AGAIN.

They could always trying making the monsters take some skill instead of making every monster bare minimum play at 85% maximum efficiency regardless of what they do or what mistakes they make

>about to heal revive our assault
>dropship timer ends and hes forced to respawn in the fucking sky

ok game, whatever u say

>down to 1/4 playerbase
soon to be 1/5 because only monster players will remain

Incompetence.

i'm a wraithfag and impregnation is the purpose of sex, there are just complications.

>mpregnation is the purpose of sex