Audi A3

What do you nerds know about this thing? It looks nice, and I want something to replace my ancient Corolla. They're the same price as a Camry, and about the same price as a fully-loaded Fusion.

It's a shitty mk7 golf in sedan form for badgewhores.

would rather have the fully loaded fusion to be honest.

more features, cheaper to maintain, pretty bulletproof, bigger..

also isnt a common sweet sixteen gift for spoiled girls.

How is it shitty?

I've taken a look at the Golf as well as the Passat and the interior and ride are considerably more nice than on either of them.

It's a graduation gift paid in half by my parents. Would I rather shell out the extra dosh for an A4 or something along those lines?

fusion is still better in the long run.

A4 would be nice for a while, but as soon as warranty runs out you'll be fucked.

Are repair costs really that bad? I mean, my dad just spent $7k to fix his Camry Hybrid since the battery and some electronics shit itself. It can't be any worse than that.

Because you're paying all that extra money for a little bit nicer interior in what is mechanically just a vw.

You should get something recent used for

I already have a job that pays well, and it'll be 2 years until I return to school for my master's.

I already have several investments, plenty in savings, and plenty on-hand. I understand that it's a nicer VW, just like how Lexuses are nicer Toyotas, or Lincolns are nicer Fords. The point is I want an enjoyable and comfortable DD that's also professional.

Is, gs, rcf, ls are not just nicer toyotas. They're on rwd platforms.

The auto gearbox in a friend's S4 died recently
It was £6.5k for a used gearbox and that didn't include Labour

>Lexuses are nicer Toyotas

>Autotragic
Theres the problem

just get the damn car user, people on Veeky Forums are always gonna tell you to buy something they like...

The S3 is quite literally a sedan version of the VW Golf R. The A3 is a combination of WV GTI engine and Golf R drivetrain... They're all built on the same FWD platform, and drive like FWD cars. The Golf R, S3, and A3 all use the Haldex AWD system, which aids traction but isn't a "real" AWD system.

For my money, I'd take a GTI over an A3, or Golf R over an S3.

Spend £2000 more and get an Jaguar XE

>RWD
>More powerful diesel while being even more economical
>It's a Jaaaag instead of a tarted up VW

This

I really understand why the A3 Sedan/Coupe/Whatever you call it actually exists

I always thought that the A3 would be the hatchback version of the A4 (the entry level Audi sedan). But now since there's also the A3 sedan, why does the A4 even exist now? Is there something I'm missing or is Audi basically selling the same car under two different names now? And if so, what's the point? How could this be more profitable?

*don't understand

>goddamnit, I should start proofreading my posts

Audi (and BMW) have figured out they can shit out dozens of variations on the same car, and make a mint selling it to retards.

BMW is king, but Audi is learning fast.

Looks like the a4 a5 and a6 seriously are they even fucking trying or so all euro poors just buy this shit car up regardless

Are you retarded?

>Audi

You're either retarded or a badgewhore.

Which will it gonna be?

>Lexuses are nicer Toyotas
You're actually retarded

I don't care that it's Audi. It's a base model Audi which barely costs more than most other sedans. I'm asking because I enjoyed how it drove, enjoyed how it felt, and absolutely loved the interior.

I'll have to check it out.

>using britbucks
REEEEEE

The thing about Audi is EVERYTHING is extra money.
>Oh you want wipers? Thats extra
>Rear seat? Pay up nigga

>dog-shit-gearbox
not even once

A3 - C-segment
A4 - D-segment

The hatchback version is far more popular in yurop, as is the A1 (VW Polo clone).

A3 sedan is a jetta, A4 is a passat

You're talking with Americans, they don't use segments like us.

A3 = hatchback
A3 sedan = compact sedan derived from hatchback
A4 = mid sized sedan

It's an upmarket commuter. The badge sells it. Interior is nice but you can't cheap out on it like a Corolla or Camry. Premium fuel, consistent maintenance, etc. If something breaks and needs repairing it's going to cost you.

Krauts are anal about their maintenance and replacement parts aren't taxed hard in the Germanic caliphate. But with that said as long as you take care of it you'll have a comfy and elegant daily driver.

>elegant

Audi is by definition the car for the nouveau riche

Whats wrong with having a cool vw?

It's still a VW.

I had a loaner one for a week when i had my 04 s4 in the shop (doing warranty shit on a new steering rack i just got) its ok if your a typical compent driver, it brakes and handles preaty well (gearing is a little low for higway millage) but what really through me off about it was its "dynamic" handling with its electronic steering rack that always changes its steering ratio on the fly (same for the brakes and throttle too) and what a crock of shit that is. The steering has absolutely no feedback or feel from the road , every time you go to turn the ratio is different (ive had a few cases where i would switch lanes on the hwy and it would be very laxed and well the next lane change at the same speed i swear it amplified my input by 10x , the same went for the throttle and brake (and again no feel from the brake pedal, some times it would be progressive other times it would come on like gangbusters). Im hoping it was just a early software glitch or w.e (it was a 2016 model) if not holly fuck vag group is done for even more now. Personally i wouldn't get a new audi, if you guys think i have it bad with my 4.2 s4 and the timing chain mumbo most of the new audi turbo 4 pots are having early piston ring and turbo failures. With audi not fully covering the ring issue under warranty.

They've always looked fairly subdued to me. Not quite as fancy as older Mercs with the hood ornaments.

DINGDINGDING!

you are on here asking about audi
which means you want advice
they are fucking garbage for fucking retards who don't know shit
learn the game son

you just described every german brand

Then get whatever VW that shares the same chassis and you'll have the same driveability, an also nice interior and you'll pay a lot less without looking a tryhard noveau riche faggot.

Oi?

You sure an S Coupé is garbage?