/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Alex Smith and Patric Mueller have joined the Nethack dev team: nethack.org/#News
Expect great things when the next release comes out in 2032.

Pochengband 5.0.0 Comp (Until July 28):
Sexy Draconian Monk
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.develz.org/info/index.php?q=channeling
crawl.develz.org/info/index.php?q=channel_magic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for spark wasps a shit

I don't know, user.
I see you giving a lot of praise for Nem, but I never see anyone playing it here and very few play it in general.
And my experiences with Nem have been seriously awful.

Not that user but you aquire wands very rarely

I have a yugi man parked in trunk right now, being hard carried by his decks of summoning and destruction. I swear to you, he is stronger than we give him credit for. You just do a lighter version of a typical Invo melee dude build and you're cake. You're just locked into going TSO because your heavy investment in invo is useless outside of holy hand grenade.

Repostan in new thread how much Throwing to make Ruks hit reliably?

I hope everyone is doing their best today!!

For ruks, you want like 20 throwing. They'll be good after like 10 or so, but you want the delay to be low. Collect some javelins in the mean time, they're pretty good if you invest throwing.

>You're just locked into going TSO because your heavy investment in invo is useless outside of holy hand grenade.
That's assuming you even want to do Hell/Pan/Tomb.

I'll give him another try, but I'm still pretty leery of it.

I bet you can't win a 15 runer without using wands you wand shitter

I feel you. If you liked old Yugi, you probably won't like new Yugi all that much. Just make sure you invest your invocations early and heavily. Do the stupid MfGl of Qaz build, but with Yugi. He isn't the best god, but he does work and gives you some extremely dumb stuff. Like I said earlier, LITERAL PANLORDS to kill dyaks.

I was just going to go MfMo per the Mo buff, but basically the same thing.

Kek.
I don't really acquire wands particularly often either, seeing as I don't often have many wands identified by the time I read ?Acq.

I forgot to mention book and staff acquirement in that post, but oh well- he's dead now.

Anyone done much testing with the new jewellery acq or misc acqs?

I'm always scared to use ?acq on jewelry since most randart jewelry is hot garbage

I honestly like my Battlemage Ghost-Bro

What the hell were you guys saying that I need to learn how to melee in order to do Hell? Seems comfy here with a staff of power and a shit buckler

Some people know not the power of channeling.

You don't need to melee at all in the entire game. But some form of channeling is useful because you can't usually rest to full mana in Heck,

Best race for a filthy min-maxer in DCSS?

>90 MP
You're one of the few dudes who doesn't need it since you can actually blow your wad and still have 30 MP left.

But I always have to use SOB especially if my Iron shot+LCS doesn't hit at a critical point and I just happened to reach 50-60% manapool. 50% is always ALWAYS bad, he just happened to be almost dead that's why I didn't cast it.

Feels good that they finally took off that stupid MP cap.

How much is your SOB restoring anyway? How much HP does it take off?

Requesting a link to the DCSS commit where the explanation is that they added too much content without removing anything

>Full moon tonight
>Moon is clearly almost New
What is this shit

One to full MP and I don't even know why I'm still using a staff of power. It's painful if it's beyond 50% since it takes like ~60 hp restoring you to full mana but that may just be because I was wielding a staff of power for the rest of the game and 44-55 mp refilled is quite a lot.

It's a bizarre picture in pretty much every way.
Everything is wrong with it.

Does channelling scale with max MP? Or do you channel a fixed amount of mana each use if it succeeds?

It's not related to max MP.
crawl.develz.org/info/index.php?q=channeling
There is also crawl.develz.org/info/index.php?q=channel_magic
Which I think scales off of MP since it works with MPRegen.

>60 HP for full MP
Fucking hell that hurts. I wonder if its % based. That wouldn't be so bad if you had 260~ HP vs. 180.

Considering he has like 90 MP that's pretty fair.

That's why you'll always use it at 70-80% so you take off a negligible amount of HP. Something like 5-15 or even lower I think which is definitely ignorable

Oh I agree. But most of pan is a really odd balance of how many hellfires can I take if I get tormented once? How many after 2 torments? He basically does a torment lite if he gets into a dire situation with his MP, which definitely throws a lot of that off.

This sounds way better. I'll have to give SOB a shot, I haven't used it since .13 probably. Maybe on a VS. That sounds like one spicy meatball.

How do I into abyssal knight? No matter what, I end up dead within 3 levels and can never raise piety enough to unlock any power.

I also have trouble playing casters as a whole, though.

Finally found a Spellforged Servitor holy shit

let the games begin

how do I know how many artifacts have been created in a given game

Skill as a typical melee dude, with a small early investment into invocation. Once your melee is good and your defenses are ok, you can invest it a little more heavily. Your abilities won't really be all that great early on, they shine more right before lair and during your branch runes. Banish is super great for wrecking orb spiders, shock wasps and so on. Would you like to see a morgue for a 3 rune AK? I did one during the tourney.

wat gam

pozchengband
get it

>all these animes about mmos
>no animes about roguelikes
Where did everything go so wrong?

Why is crawl such a clusterfuck stairdancefest?
every floor after D:12 or so is just a clusterfuck filled to the brim with enemies that you cant safely engage without alerting the whole level, leading you to different stairs multiple times per floor

It only tracks those you've actually found.

nethack

there's other roguelikes with artifacts?

So I've got 3... no way to wish for one

What are you playing as?

There's a roguelike WITHOUT artifacts?

Just make a killbox. Sitting in a single tile surrounded by darkness is fun, right? :^)

I mean an artifact system like Nethack's. You know, only appear in special circumstances instead of treasure

Should I buy it? I'm currently using an AcFiCo cloak of elemental protection.

Some nethack artifacts appear as treasure though, don't they?

At which XLs does a demonspawn gains his mutations?
Can i, say, get a tier 2 facet as soon as i reach XL2 with much luck? Is there a specific pattern or is it literally random, but obeys the rule "2 tier 2, 1 tier 3, scales and a body part or three"?

just embrace it and play a loud axe-wielding dude

Depends on your resists. The first point of resistance is worth more than two speed because unresisted elemental breaths will likely kill you past like, fire hounds.

Random, but follows the general rule of what a DS should get OR you get monstrous.

I'm here at last, at the final boss room. I have to do this right and get my good mage diploma

So i can get fucking augmentation or a tier 3 facet as soon as level 2? Seems pretty broken.

Beyond the ones necessary to win the game, only the quest artifact, demonbane and the sunsword can appear without player intervention. Everything else must be named, wished or gifted.

Yeah. Or hooves 1.

No. Plenty of artifacts can spawn in shops or on the floor. They're just incredibly rare.
They can also of course spawn in bones levels.

Now all that is left is the extra stage Slime pits

If I make a variant I'm going to have a cooldown on stair usage so that once you go down stairs you have to commit to it.

>removing even more tactical options
wew lad

>removing anything

Get this man on the dev team immediately

inb4yousomehowdietoTRJ

oh yes :^)

No. Instead, you should make it so enemies do not follow you upstairs, and so they reheal when you leave the floor.

Hope everyone else has a strong character today!

Nice of you to say that.
Because you certainly don't.

>b-but muh 40 EV will be all I need when a juggernaut gets the jump on me and I die in one turn

Holy crap, are you saying felids are weak? STOP THE PRESSES! no fucking shit it's weak it's a fucking felid

The AI would be too much, but I think it would be cool if time would keep flowing and they would organize against you, setting up positions by the stairs.

Which is why it was nice of user to be so selfless.
Try to keep up, darling.

It already happens like that though.

Would it be possible to do a lua script for crawl's rcfile that checked if you had 2+ of a unidentified scroll in your inventory, and noticed you upon entering a new level?

Mara is a sometimes food. Like fucking never

ACTIVIR

I think I'll go do shoals.

I did it, my deep dark elven dreams have been fulfilled

I'm a stabber worshipping Gozag, how much Evocations do i need to make Invisibility's hunger cost not a nuke to my food?

Grats m8.

It'll never go down.

Misery of dicks.

I ain't even mad.

more like kike am i right

Little did she realize that I already had no weapons or armour or useful spells against her. That's definitely a point in felid's favor. If you get polymorphed by kirke you're already so shit it doesn't actually make you worse.

Only the monsters that actually are after you, and like another user said they don't heal properly.

>triangle bomb
>not useful

Never heard of this one.
What's it like/about?

So have you guys played this yet?

Very standard linear dungeon crawler, but instead of a food clock you have to manage light and sanity. As your mind gets increasingly fucked up you get hallucinations, which start out as an annoyance but can eventually become dangerous.

It's a fun coffee break roguelike with great ideas, but it's sometimes too dependent on rng. In this pic I'm rocking an eternium sword that killed the end boss in one more hit, and those giants were definitely going to kill me in two. Sometimes you get so many sanity potions that you can just top off whenever you feel like it, and other times you'll go insane and there's nothing you can do about it.

In any case it's a fun game that doesn't take your whole life to play/master, unlike a certain graphical dungeon crawler.

Oh god my eyes

>Your armoured boots disintegrate!
NOOOOOOOOO

There were no situations where I could use it against her without blowing myself up. So yeah, not useful.

How come we never talk about Infinite Cave Adventure anymore? Like a year ago it was one of the more popular games in the general

do you play it? I remember hardly anyone talking about it

>popular
Like two people played it of course one of them was an e-celebrity so I see where you might be confused.

>certain graphical dungeon crawler
I have no idea what you are talking about here.
Madness sounds alright though.

I started to say "That wasn't so bad" but it was. It was really bad. Ilsuiw or whatever her name is is still wandering around somewhere after fucking my shit up on three separate occasions, and there's a pack of death yaks that I don't really want to engage all at once just to the south.

It's funny, I'm always on the lookout for dudes I can confuse next to water or lava, but it just didn't occur to me to do it to the death yaks because the entire level is water. Time to get some free ogres I guess.

FYI those yaks are there because of their herdsman, who is a much harder unique than the mermaid.

What, polyphemus or whatever? Dude had shit MR, went down like a bitch.

Ilsiulliwssli is way more dangerous than Polyphemus what are you talking about