Mechanic Job - $480, Accurate?

I know nothing about cars, so I have no idea if what the mechanic is saying is really worth $480, or if I can get it done somewhere else for cheaper. I already owe him $75 for the analysis to determine the problem, and Google has given him rave reviews.
Just want to know what you guys think of this, and if I should go to another mechanic,or what he is saying is accurate, and fully worth $480/that is the usual charge for this repair.

so you know nothing about cars and decided an 02 audi was the best way to go?

>audi
>sub 500$

Is say you're getting off easy m8.

>$180/hr labor
>Audi

Seems about right

Two caps, two sensors, fifteen minutes and a $450 c-clip

Yeah it's on par for a normal small repair.

When you take it in to a shop it's going to be expensive because your buying an experts time and paying for guaranteed results. Just how it is m8.

>$364 labor
What in the holy fuck would cost that mu-
>Audi
...oh

yeah probably gonna trade this thing in, try to get as much money as possible and then purchase something else.

That's a pretty detailed work order.
I don't think you're getting ripped off OP, especially since you own a shitty Audi.

How about doing the work yourself?
Seriously you could have that fixed for less than a hundred bucks with used parts or cheap eBay stuff

I just got a complete OEM suspension setup for my mk4 for $80 in great condition off some guy on Craigslist. If I went new it would have been closer to five hundred

>buying a fucking 02 Audi

off-topic, should i buy a 01 prelude? are they as reliable as Veeky Forums says?

Tis a fair price for work on a Audi, parts are expensive and labor is more difficult (read: more mechanic hrs) so I think your getting a fair deal for a fix.

Sell the fucking thing. Its a 14 year old Audi for fucks sake.

Audi's are built for the first owner of the car. Remember: VW's CEO stated that he doesn't think a car needs to last past 120,000 miles.

>VW's CEO stated
im gonna stop ya there m8

Prelude's are great cars, but type SH or nothing.

Also, they are more GT than sporty, keep that in mind if your looking for a touge machine.

Honda manuals are great, their automatics are not.

You do realize that VW owns Audi don't you?

>extended crank
your car is toast OP.
they will run a scanner on it when you take it in and instantly realize the motor is cooked. you done goofed driving it dry for so long. your car is a pile of junk now.

what is happenning is that you have warped the head and have shitty compression and a failed head gasket now. needing to crank the car for a long time to start it means that air isnt being trapped in the engine like it should be. instead the cylinders arnt sealing properly. so its probably farting into your coolant jacket and this is whats making your water leak out and over pressure.

there is literally no resale value in an 02 audi with a cooked motor. dont listen to these people. your car is fucked. any repair you do to it wont count for a handful of beans.

Sikk armchair diagnosis bro

>car leaking coolant
>need to warm up the engine by cranking for a long time before it will start
>runs like crap until heated up
yup, that's the metal expanding to seal the gap between the head and block. the car will run for a bit longer maybe. but its dead. this is classically what cars with a failed head gasket do.

got any other idea?

>no garuntee on repairs
>we did some work, brah
could have went to a shade tree for less for the same results.

its because they know they'll just be milking him now. its just going to gradually die because of the dead motor and they can keep just replacing sensors and door hinges and light bulbs to stop it from overheating the bulb grease.

This.

If it was me needing to deal with that shit i'd be charging even more.

>they didnt even connect an OBD2 reader to it
top kek mechanics there mate.
>hurrr replace random sensor durrr
>hundreds of dorrar please
sensors are fine your engine is fucked.
>CEL
its fucked.

>temp gauge has pegged twice

Enjoy dropping all those shekels on a car that will probably shit its head gasket out a week from now

Did you buy the parts yourself? Or you got there parts. My shop let's me use parts I bought and I pay for labor, just make sure you buy the right part.