LMAO FUCK ME IN THE ASS

I bought AMD at 6.42, sold when it got to 7.92, and bought in again at 7.84, thinking that there would be stability until the hype train of Zen reached its max - at which point I was going to sell. Now though, the stock is down to 5.88 and all my gains are gone, and my starting capital is down to the low 2000s. Where can I get cheap deals on a stool and a rope? It's all over folks.

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/university/technical/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow, so it sounds like you had literally no plan for managing this trade. What did you expect to happen?

>killing yourself over not even 25% losses
Good riddance

I had a plan, but I didn't anticipate Lisa Su to blast shareholders with her bullshit decision to dump shares to raise cash, and then the consequent panic selling that, despite all the positive future prospects, completely changed the public's perspective on the stock for the worst. There's no good reason for the stock to have crashed so terribly and quickly, but I guess the market doesn't need one. Fuck man, people are fucking retarded. It was a good investment. This situation is so unjustifiably shit that it really pisses me off.

25% is a lot when you don't have much money to invest. I did my research, but shit still hit the fan.

I posted an AMD is dying thread earlier.
Please contribute to it.

>There's no good reason for the stock to have crashed so terribly and quickly
Then it will fucking recover.
This is a blue chip stock. It's not TGD.

1) buy low, sell high, profit
You did it right.

2) buy at the same price as former sell, wait.... Wtf are you doing?

>2) buy at the same price as former sell, wait.... Wtf are you doing?
It's fine if it looks like that's a new low, which was the case.
Now he's panicking like a dumbass because the road was a little bumpy.

Hang onto what you have invested in it until the next big reveal. You can probably expect to have tied up capital for ~6 months on a company like AMD (next gen graphics cards/chipsets usually drop in spring). The moment the stock hits 6.75, I would sell if I were you. You only lose out on about 15% of that secondary investment then.

Average down and you'll be back to around 6.40 where you started

Lol at retards who panic everytime the market drops. Just hold and wait until it climbs back up. Seriously I haven't even been investing long but I don't freak out everytime there's a drop. If anything it just means the stocks on sale :)

>There's no good reason for the stock to have crashed so terribly and quickly,

welcome to the stock market LOL

So you're saying to buy the dip or is this stock an gevoed

You can sell some of the stock to get some STCL to net against your STCG for tax purposes. Then repurchase that or something else at the lower price. I assume you don't already have a lot of STCLs. You will have to do the math.

>"I bought amd at 7.84"
>"There's no good reason for the stock to have crashed so terribly and quickly, but I guess the market doesn't need one."

you bought a stock at its 5-year high thinking that some shit news would push through it? hahhahaha. you think a simple top reversal at a 5-year high was a "crash"?? youre amateur, brah.

>Fuck man, people are fucking retarded.

shouldve paid attention to TA.

>bu bu buttt... mah fundamentals

lmao.webm

>25% is a lot when you don't have much money to invest.
No that's actually when it's the least amount of money

MIND THE FINANCIALS. She did a great decision for the companys future.

>what is opportunity cost

Why would you buy back the stock when it was only 8 cents below what you sold it? All you did was just incur more commission fees (assuming you're using a broker, which you probably are).

Why not just hold out until Zen dropped? Now you have to report your earnings as short-term capital gains rather than long-term, which means you pay more taxes on it.

AMD still holding below rock solid, impenetrable resistance at $6.15.

Shorts are getting antsy wondering if they have enough trucks backed up and longs are very, very nervous here.

Some knife catchers are hovering around $5.50. They'll get flushed away once $5.10 "support" gets broken like AMD's balance sheets.

Updated with today's price action, cleaner lines and another broken ascending line of support. If $6.15 breaks, look for endless waves of sellers at the ascending trendline.

Fucking hold bro, you already made a bad mistake by selling and buying back in at essentially the same price.

This is more or less the bottom for now unless they royally fuck up. If they clear debt and pump out good products this stock could be going well into double digits over the next couple years.

>buying at an all time high in 4 years

No sympathy for you. All you had to look at was the chart.

Where can I learn more about all of this terminology and learn to make charts like this? Right now I just go long in companies I know and research and it's been paying off. Besides that I want to do some short term trading on the side, but my knowledge of things like this is lacking.

A basic book on technical analysis should have what you want.

Or you could get a good idea of it here:
investopedia.com/university/technical/

Even with longer term investments, knowing how to chart basic support and resistance can help you decide on entries or when to cut losses.

Thanks man

AMD is never going to release a good product again, their current strategy involves hyping up bad or rehashed products in an effort to drum up new investment or better deals on their existing debts.

>opportunity cost:
>the loss of potential gain from other alternatives when one alternative is chosen
Now let me introduce you to math:

25% of $50 < 25% of $3,000
12.50 is less than 750

why would you buy in after they announced their chip failed to live up to the hype?

it'll recover. if you're squeamish, get out, or just forget about it.

once they get through their restructuring, it'l recover. you're not going to sink.

LOLOLOL.

Time for the daily analysis of this trash.

$6.15 is still the key level to watch, but breaking yesterday's $6.07 high may be enough to get a little upward momentum started.

Every single person who got long Friday and Monday below $6 looking for a bargain is underwater as the closing price today was .04 below yesterday's low.

Shorts are comfortable with their position or looking to add and with a little more downward pressure these new and old longs will continue to cough up their shares.