/fog/ Fallout General

>TFW No Moonclave Edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

drop guns and store them in the workshop if you need more building allowance.

Post asses that need dog cock.

This.... This is what I wanted to type/say.

So that one kid with the dad is like a crossdresser, right?
I want to know who's dad I just punched to death.

Does the stuff you carry on your person actually take away from your building capacity?

No.

No.

Items on the floor do, and since you can drop shit and store it indefinitely, it adds more allowance for shit to be built.

This is settlement glitches 101 user.

I never actually bothered building anything big before so I never knew.

The more you know.

The more heavy the weapon is, the more you get back. Storing/scrapping a sledgehammer gives back more than doing the same to a combat knife.

>place a mine on a gunner lift with the intention of sending it up as a trap
>mine clips through and elevator keeps rising

Is anyone actually building in the vault? It's so much bigger than Spectacle Island.

i did

I only build in the big main room. Only thing I build i the caves was a generator for the big water pump.

It worked in Duke Nukem

I am. Currently stuck in the autism hell that is 'optimizing' space used.

>Let's build a vault power conduit to get power to the entrance area of the vault!
>won't attach to any wall there

>building vault thinking it looks pre cool
>go search up what others made
>full blown vaults with dozens of different kinds of rooms, junk items everywhere, furniture and vault dwellers everywhere

I'm not creative enough for this and it feels like I'm cheating by taking notes from other builders.

you dont need to build one anywhere in the vault entrace to get power these, so long as you build one in the first possibly build space you will get power

Which part are you talking about? The Vault vault or the buildable vault door?

Is it as FPS breaking as the Institute?

Right behind the big main vault door in the entrance area.

As long as vault pieces are connected, you don't have to use any wires or conduits, they transfer power though themselves. To actually get power, you put a vault conduit on a vault wall and go from there.

Just tell yourself that they cheated with mods or console commands while your vault is build legit.

Even though they probably didn't cheat

How many blocks do the conduits reach for?

I just want to start over and rebuild a Vault from FO 1 or 2 :(

About 3 blocks.

Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery, user.

I too am an uncreative. I look at other people's settlements for inspirations after I exhaust my ideas.

If it helps, try to think of a purpose for your vault. Why is it there? What kind of people live in there? What faction does your protag belong to, and how would the vault be useful to them? Why would people live in a vault? What kind of people does your protag allow into the vault?Those sort of questions.

Also, designing one really detailed room and branching out from there can sometimes help.

Fallout Resurrection is pretty fly homie. Some of the Enclave fags here would jizz over this faction.

Build a vault.. there's no hydroponics tables or equipment

..guess there's always mods

I thought there were planters

Sometimes just building aimlessly can help when inspiration strikes too.

IT'S A SIGN!

gaaaaaaaaaaaaay

you can combine room and atrium squares, its just tricky

I have a diner/rec room area

easier to build power lines on the roof

They should have just made the power of your super generator flow through all your vault tec pieces.

>build big room with lots of lights
>lights in the middle of it have no power

It does.

I should buy this piece of shit DLC, because many mods are going to use shite from it.

I thought that was the point, I swear they advertised it like that in the promo video
vault walls not having internal wiring conduits is silly

maybe it's just bugged and they can't be bothered to fix it

Oh thats neat. Time to mass produce heavy weapons for this sole purpose.

might wanna hold off for now. I can't even get into the Vault when using mods.

Only on the walls though and even that just allows you to build a conduit everywhere you want. If you build your light signs in the hallway, they won't have any power unless your conduit is near them.

>buying the dlc seperate

No man.... I am a Sea Raider.......... Harrrr....

Can your vault get attacked? If it can, it will probably be the weirdest settlement to defend.

yes, i had mine attacked by Gunners.

They mostly come in from the main entrance though

Maxwell's World never

Scrapping my piece of shit vault and remaking Vault 13. Wish me luck bros

I'm out of Vegas, going to to meet based Caesar in my first Legion playthrough.

So far I've been RP pretty good, outright dismissing House's attempts to make me his puppet, and murdering Benny in cold blood after he offended me by implying a VIP suite makes up for him shooting me in the head.

Also haven't done drugs, alcohol, or fucked whores.

>narrow hallway with 3 rooms on each side of it, an elevator at the back and on the far right an armory

what's everyone favorite legendary armor effects to use?

Mine also got attacked by gunners. Not all of them came from the front door i think.

Honestly I still think I can get it out before Nuka World. Though it'll be pretty close.

VATS Enhanced stacking.

So you realize that MW will never stop being compared to Nuka World right

I'm gonna laugh if you get it out like 3 days before, then Nuka Worlds comes out, and some clickbait game "journalism" site tries to make the claim that BEthesda stole your mod.

>IT'S GOTTA BE THE BIGGEST VAULT YOU CAN POSSIBLY MAKE JUST MAKE EVERYTHING MAKE IT HUGE AND BIG AND GIGANTIC OR ELSE IT'S NOT A VAULT

What's your problem? It's just a neat thing I want to make. The DLC itself is fucking useless so why not build what you want?

At this point Maxwell's World looks better, if smaller.

Got a bug, game won't fill bottles in survival. I hit R to fill bottle, sound bite plays, but no purified waters are added to my inventory. Uninstalled all mods and problem persists. Any ideas?

It is pretty good indeed.
Surprising how some Czech fans manage to make a better Fallout than Bethesda.

Nuka World will never let you fight ghoul clowns or fight a merry-go-round, so I'm not too worried.

>The DLC itself is fucking useless
Not him, but I would disgaree.

UI would disagree about any of the workshop DLC being useless.

Though I do believe they should have sold it it as one larger DLC, instead of three smaller ones

That's really the best you've got, huh?

Can you name three actual useful things to come out of this that you can apply to the base Fallout game?

How big will the mod itself be in terms of sidequests and content

buildable arenas, buildable manufacturing facilities, and tons of new shit in general like traps, ways to control lights and turrets, all of these could be applied to the base Fallout game to make hacking into raider computers to reprogram their robots and shit farm ore interesting.

There's some little stuff. There's three minigames, three quests to get uncursed versions of the weapons, and a few little side things to get some smaller rewards and resources.
The main quest you could see being played through on my stream, it's about the size of Dead Money, but there's a bunch of side content and dungeons you can do to get better endings.
In truth, it's big, but not that big. Wheels of Lull is definitely bigger for sure.

We're talking about the Vault-Tec workshop.

l-lewd

I've never actually used the consoles in any of my settlements, do they actually let you control turrets in some way?

what mod is that?

ohh, well shit like buildable vault pieces for one, news ways to manage power distribution across settlements, tons of new clean versions of furniture, new kinds of guard posts, new items that give you temporary SPECIAL boosts. lots of the new workshop can be applied to other settlements and shit from the base game.

I think Nuka World will be good if you want to play a raider.
And Maxwell's World will be good if you want to be spooked and have a decent story.

Just got to play vault dlc.

When I make the bike generator and hook up a terminal, the terminal is stuck on the "initializing" text line and just sits there indefinitely.

Anyone have a similar problem?

contraptions dlc
the bunny suit is on the nexus

What about the story and writing?

>Trainwiz
>decent story
has never happened.

His shit is fun in a memey kinda way, but story is always low tier garbage.

I mean, Nuka World seems to be "become the raider king". Maxwell's World is "try and escape a park controlled by undead Walt Disney and his skeleton army."

>new buildable items

Still waiting on those two more useful things.

Hi darren, I thought you quit?

NORA WAS MADE FOR DOG COCK

>anyone who doesn't like Trainwiz is darren
ohh please.

>le durr XD upboat

The stream of it looked to be quite good, and Wheels of Lull was great.

>and Wheels of Lull was great.
Sure... if you like memey shit that tries to suck Kirkbride's cock hard without actually understanding why people like Kirkbride, combined with god-awful and grating VA work.

What are you fucking talking about? I say the workshop is useless, you say it isn't, I say prove how it isn't and you give a bunch of points from a completely different DLC.

Do you just say words and hope they mean something?

No, thats what WoL was.

Trainwiz mods are like playing a decent version of Borderlands.

Its the same sort of dumb
>FOR LE COOL!
kind of shit, just not as poorly done.

Its fun, but that doesn't mean its well written by any measure.

Worried Disney is going to sue you?

No. Maxwell's parallels to Disney are clear, but not actually infringing in any way.

He's the entertainment mogul with a lot of cartoon characters under his control who liked making people happy and spent tons of money making a big amusement park that had a train. That's the basic similarities and more or less that's where it ends.

>skeleton in dress
>still has the tittehs
nice touch

Tried to make the thing fully skeletal, but due to how armor works, I can't. I'd have to change all the suits and dresses to be fully skeletal.
I think them being half-flesh half-skeletal works well enough anyway. People seemed creeped out by it.

Should have skeleton children as well. It'd be weird if the park didn't have any.

The skeleton suit doesn't work like that unfortunately. Buffscale might be able to scale one, but it's not a priority at the moment.

Will Bethesda ever stop using the godawful Gamebryo (or "Creation Kit" as they call it now)?

>le gamebryo is bad meme