PlayStation Vita General 2695 - No One Knows Edition

Previous Thread: >Vitagen Website (News, Translations, Guides, Wikis and more)
vitageneral.com

==========================================

>A.W.: Phoenix Festa - Launch Trailer
youtu.be/PywBKR_T-Uk

>World of Final Fantasy video previews opening animation
youtu.be/F53fF_6usaw

>Pox Nora Now Hitting in Q4 2016
playstationlifestyle.net/2016/07/26/pox-nora

>World of Final Fantasy 20 Minutes of Gameplay
youtu.be/ljJvU9p2NCQ

>Akiba’s Beat launches October 13 in Japan
gematsu.com/2016/07/akibas-beat-launches-octo

>NepuNepu Connect:Chaos Champions free-to-play card battle game for PS Vita
gematsu.com/2016/07/nepunepu-connect-chaos-champions-free-play-c

>New Atelier Firis gameplay videos
dualshockers.com/2016/07/26/ps4ps-vita-exclusive-atel

>Koei Tecmo’s Berserk delayed to October 27 in Japan
gematsu.com/2016/07/koei-tecmo-berserk-delay

>Akiba’s Beat ‘Saki Hoshino’ character trailer
youtu.be/dBai48kY7MY

>Summon Night 6: Lost Borders coming to west in February
gematsu.com/2016/07/summon-night-6-launches-februar

>Square Enix announces Gamescom 2016 lineup
gematsu.com/2016/07/square-enix-announces-game

>Gal*Gun: Double Peace’s Launch Trailers
thevitalounge.net/2016/07/25/galgun-double-peac

==========================================

>PS+ FAQ
support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Updates
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store-update/

>PS Store Weekly Sale
(US) psprices.com/region-us/discounts?sort=date&platform=PSVita
(EU) psprices.com/region-gb/discounts?sort=date&platform=PSVita

>PSN Friends List
friends.vitageneral.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-QLhbTMhChU
youtube.com/watch?v=u8C73YTzSSM
forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/07/26/new-leak-says-the-nintendo-nx-is-a-less-powerful-entirely-portable-console/#70cdf16a63f1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No matter where you go, everyone’s connected.

Vert doing goddess stuff so this time it Nepgear.

Vert is godess
Jannu is best
Why are we still here
Nep nep who's there

jannu a literally who

No jannu?

Guess I'm not buying Fate extra on Thursday

Did anyone here actually buy Asterisk War Phoenix Fiesta?

>Did anyone here actually buy Asterisk War Phoenix Fiesta?

no and for some reason I thought it was going to be later this year

Like what?

I would in a heartbeat if it was a straight up fleshed out dating sim.

That anime was trash but goddamnit Kirin is cute as all get out.

I thought about it but I have lost my will to live

I'm thinking about it.

>buy Shiren off PC PSN store
>Vita refuses to connect to PSN to download it

This is hell.

Important stuff

Is "Abort" the only actual way to save in shiren? Seems like you'd be fucked if you abandon and press don't save by mistake.

Bordom while waiting for a package to arrive. Post your skittles, currently playing, waiting , etc.

Currently: Alternating between Escha and Logy Twilight Sky Plus, Ratchet and Clank, and somtimes Overwatch.

Waiting on: SRW Moon Derpers

how is shiren? worth the money?

Nope. If you really want to play it, save some money and play the SNES one instead.

How is Love live games?

I intend on playing all the Atelier games on vita, I'll be getting literally all of them in 5 days and I only played Ayesha so far. What order do I follow? Some people say release and some say chronological. And also should I continue the Dusk games before playing the Arland ones or should I go back and wait until Shallie to play Eschatology?

Definitely worth $40. Make sure to buy it physically.

Oh SRW is out?

What is that game anyway, a strategy like disgaea? I think I'm interested in it just because its an asian english release. I'm a sheep

Bouncing around between Bloodborne, Xenogears, and Hyperdevotion Noire.

Waiting on Gal*Gun and CG2

What makes you say that? What does it offer over just using an emulator to play the SNES one for free and buying a better Vita game instead?

Currently: Atelier escha and logy, dark cloud, Persona, muramasa, and slogging through tales of zestiria. I just cant get back into zestiria man. I fucking loved graces f and xillia, but I just dont like this one

youtube.com/watch?v=-QLhbTMhChU

Bitch, why aren't you in the EDF thread squishing ants?

I want to cum in Hiyoko

Kind of interesting Odin Sphere-related trivia I learned today:

Pookas, or more properly, the Púca, is a creature from existing Irish folklore.
I read about it in a book of mythology and the name jumped out at me as I'm currently on Cornelius' story at the moment in Odin Sphere.
Apparently they are bunny-men just like in the game, and sort of trickster archetypes like fairies or elves.

There are no better Vita games, and the SNES one doesn't have a lot of features implemented in the newer entries, shitposter-san.

Not that good. All 3 are literally the same thing, just with a like 5 unique songs, while all the other large group songs are in all 3. They're also pretty damn short. Neptune Perfect Producer had more content to it. At least they have the actual rhythem game to it where as Neptune PP was nothing really.

It's a tactical RPG. You have your units and enemy units on the map, your turn then theirs. You move your units and having them attack with their various special attacks, etc. It came out las tmonth but the "Asian english version" comes out next week. Though we already that B.B. Studio cheaped out and both cut content and the engrish translation is utter garbage. (Worse then SAO HF)

I didn't bother with the NA version. The JP version was garbage enough as it is. ANd not just because of the whole issue with the 2 hour main heroine, but the game was just bad and had issues. Baba just neads to step down already as the head of the Tales Of studio. Luckily his involvement in Berseria seems limited.

>Xenogears
My Vitagen is the Best in the World!

I love that game, and I really like its soundtrack. I hope you're liking it too

youtube.com/watch?v=u8C73YTzSSM

>Not knowing this from Harvey

I am not shit-posting, fanboy-kun. I am saying that one game in particular isn't worth the price they are asking.

Care to elaborate?

I'm 18 hours in zestiria. Alisa really doesnt fucking come back? What were they thinking with these. Shes practically the cover girl

What the fuck?

I am very much so.

I missed out on a lot of golden era JRPGs because I lacked a PS1 growing up so I've been going back and playing them with the Vita. Again I'm loving it but I am kind of dreading the second disc because apparently that's the point where Final Fantasy 8 mugged them in a dark ally and took all their funds, but at this point my opinion on it is going to remain really positive its been great.

No money left because preferred to order Rune Factory 3 instead. But most likely will get it for the Kirin, Saya and Sylivia routes.

You first. What features do you think it added that makes it worth $40 when then free option has practically the same game play?

Second disk isn't AS bad as people make it out to be. But it's AS bad as people make it out to be. It's just really rushed and you know it.

I'm not the guy you're replying to but:

It's not worth it. I bought it because I'm a huge roguelike nerd.
It doesn't mix up the Shiren formula enough, and the gameplay in Shiren is not some holy cow - its a middling quality roguelike in the grand scheme of things.
It looks practically the same as the older entries, so it doesn't really have a hook production-value wise.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but a Shiren fan or zealous roguelike fan who is already familiar with Shiren, especially for $40.
I'd maybe recommend it to someone who likes roguelikes in general at $15.

>figure out before the game even came out
>marketed as main girl for months
>in the game for like 3 hours

This guy gets it.

Nope. She doesn't. She's gone forever, which is why this game cause a huge stir. They labled her as the heroine snice day one, but then she's gone ASAP.

And after the complaints, Baba had the nerve to come out and say "Well we never said she was the heroine, you people thought taht on your own".

Except for the part where they flat out said it in the magazine interviews, on the official site, in the cell phone game even listing her as Zesterias heroine.

And aside from that, the rest of the game just basically shit talks her behind her back, "NOT TRUE NAKAMA!" etc.

But don't worry she gets her own 2 hour DLC!....A 2 hour DLC where she's literally just shit on for the entire thing....

Overall Zesteria was one of the biggest failures in the Tales Of Franchise since that one that shall remain nameless.

Will Berseria bring back to this dead franchise?

>Alisa really doesnt fucking come back?
Why do you think people went apeshit over the change especially when YOU CAN STILL FUCKING GET WEAPONS FOR HER IN STORES AFTERWARDS!

cornelius is cute. my favorite pooka is the merchant one though.

I'm only buying it if it has /ss/

Doubt it. Tales has been on a decline for too long.

No, you first, I insist. And let me add:

>practically the same gameplay
You could literally say the same about every single game franchise still releasing sequels nowadays. It's like saying:

>why would you play a newer Atelier game when you can just pirate the PC version of Marie and play it for free?

While I do think Mystery Dungeon games in general are getting pretty old, they're still the equivalent of comfort food in the genre, and Shiren (while not being anything super special) manages to be the best out of the bunch. I do think the additions of the day/night cycle (admittedly, that was introduced in 4, but we never did get that in english), the monster licenses, the gimmicky dungeons/puzzles, the new items additions and the balancing to the mechanics, along with the sheer amount of content the game has more than make up for its mechanical simplicity.

Though value is a highly subjective thing and your outlook on it depends, mostly, on your financial situation and whether or not you can even justify $40 for a game, but considering the kind of roguelites we've been getting as of late I can't really criticize its price point. If we were talking about Curry Saga or something like it then I'd say you're right, but we aren't.

As for looking practically the same, not really. The sprites are obviously reworked in comparison to older entries and there's a lot more animation involved in every action.

not the guy you're replying to but 15 bucks m8? Disregarding the level of length of content that comes with these games, which is close to 40+ hours of shit to do in that regard, the new mechanics aren't mixing up the series?

If we just go by other mystery dungeons released in that series that the US got, so 2:
the inventory system is vastly improved
the shop hub is larger
the item system for making new items exists points card is a nifty feature
Weapon customization has been both tuned and improved
Balance has been tweaked so previously exploitable strategies don't work so easy for easy mode wins (for people who can't show restraint).

I mean I respect your opinion if you mean "visually" the game doesn't' impress. As comparing the game to it's original release in 2010 it is improved but some people may not be acceptable of that, and that's fine. But if you're talking about the game purely from a content perspective, as somebody who has plain entries previous in the series, 1 2(with the item translation patch) 64 by bumbling through, etc etc, the argument that "content wise it doesn't impress" is a touch flimsy, m8.

Such a shame this game didn't get to be what it should have been. None of the sequels that I've played have come close to the ambition or quality of Xenogears. It is most definitely a flawed jewel, and very interesting to play from that perspective

I want to fuck pooka velvet

You can always get her dlc

This. Ironically until the last PV I thought the shota was actually a loli. I had a "The FUCK?" momment....then I essentially thought..."Go on...."

Also This. Baba just really needs to step down and let someone fresh take over. It's looking better then Zesteria, but probably won't be that grand.

And managed to find my pics after my last post.

BEFORE: The very first fucking thing it says is literally "Tales of Zesteria's Heroine"

Waiting patiently for Alter to rape my wallet.

>YOU CAN STILL FUCKING GET WEAPONS FOR HER IN STORES AFTERWARDS!
This is really fuck up
In Graces where Richard leave your group you couldn't get new weapons for him

It just screamed of a half baked late production change. All because Baba got himself a waifu.

AFTER the outrage and Baba and Bamcos very poor damage control.

Heroine removed

What do I do?

I have an entire rant about the problem with the shop (and skill) system in Zesteria that I've already delivered so won't go into again. It's fucking horrible.

How you did that?

Wow you actually managed to fuck up one of the few social links in the game you could fuck up.
He made a very stupid decision in a dialogue choice. I think only Ai and Naoto are reversable in 4. It was much more common in 3.

You can fuck up social links?

>It was much more common in 3
I remember i fuck up so much in 3

Is the NX gonna be more successful than the Vita?

Only like 2 in 4
In 3 you could fuck up with anyone you could romance, if you're a guy.

desu, the thrill of fucking up or getting caught cheating in persona 3 was a huge plus for me

It still boggles my mind why they removed (toned down to oblivion) it in persona 4

Yes

WEW lad
forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/07/26/new-leak-says-the-nintendo-nx-is-a-less-powerful-entirely-portable-console/#70cdf16a63f1

W-wait for Jannu! Why does Vitagen have to move so fast when Jannu is away? ;_;

yeah, i mean, it almost sounds like youre agreeing with me. its enjoyable for existing fans of the series. you make an interesting point about the graphics, i really couldnt say - i like roguelikes, i could care less. but i dont think anyone except fans of the series will be impressed by the way it looks.

yea sure. maybe $15 is unreasonably low. I think I would have felt better at $20-25.
Let me be clear: I gladly fork over the $40 to see my niche games continue to being made.
That's why I bought it.

that said, those additions are such small tweaks.
calling the inventory system vastly improved is generous - more accurate to say it is no longer frustratingly broken.
compared to other roguelikes available, commercial and otherwise, Shiren is pretty low on the list on all fronts: polish, content, and depth of gameplay.
You can play any Mystery Dungeon and get a similar experience on the cheap.
Kind of an unfair comparison, right?
well consider that Brogue is free, and a much more polished and tight experience than any of the Shirens (i compare the two because they have similar goals of being tightly focused experiences with limited options for a roguelike).
on the other end of the spectrum, you have Angband variants and series like Cataclysm that you could literally spend your whole life permuting different interesting gameplay options and experiencing new things from the sheer amount of content.

in terms of content or polish, this is the best Shiren, absolutely.

in terms of roguelikes, or games available in general, this is a bad value proposition if you are honest about its qualities. especially for someone who is not already a Shiren fan and can enjoy it from that perspective.

Ace combat on vita righ?

>It still boggles my mind why they removed (toned down to oblivion) it in persona 4
And then none of the girls would get angry with the idea of you cheating on them and would rather just cry like little girls when you dump their asses on valentines day.

Autisms.

GO FIGHT!!!

Went shopping. Did I do good?

So a vita with a dock?

>meme:zero
Fag.

>localized trash

Pretty gud

I bet that gundam blu ray was expensive

If you're going to use comparisons, m8, then I should smugly mention to you that as long as nethack, DCSS, and as you mentioned Angband variants exist, for one, no rougelike will ever be on par in reference to depth or content.

Actually I have more to say in reference to looking sideways at a series from a rather limited perspective, disregarding things like presentation and the like but it's almost bedtime m8ty. We can agree to disagree. But 15 dollars for what is essentially 40 hours of gameplay is a mite much as your argument is essentially "because this game was done in a way better in some aspects, it should be dirt cheap", which is a rather poor argument. That particular argument would rock the socks off of any game were you to apply it liberally to todays standards. 15 bucks bro?

Well I respect your opinion m8ty. I mean afterall 40 bucks is a hefty price to pay for somebody who's not already particularly invested in the genre and/or series.

>I spent 400 hours with irritating testicle rashes, that makes it worth $40

When will people realize that hours don't necessarily equate to worth?

In sales? Maybe.

I'll be wherever the games are, though. Vita's still getting a ton of games I want. If NX gets games I want too, I might be an idort.

That paper thin argument is only useable when the content is bad. Which it is not. And you should feel ashamed for using it.

Explain how did a generic jrpg get so popular

>more hours means more content
>more content means money well spent.

The memes. It's always about the memes.

With the gameplay of HDN1, it's a god damned mystery.

i dont think you have any reason to smug about that first bit.
cataclysm dda, cogmind, and caves of qud all rival the quality of the major roguelikes, and are new games that were developed very recently. there is lots of room to push the bar for roguelikes.

i would say Shiren isnt -trying- to be a big roguelike. and thats fine.
again, i think of something like Brogue, or more recently, Infra Arcana.
its a tight, small experience.

Pc release and the anime attracted alot of flies

Hello /v/

It's also usable when the content is the same. And the combat is largely the same as previous games in the series.

I would rather spend 20 minutes enjoying a steak than 10 hours choking down literal cow turds. Quantity != Quality.

The characters and story are likable. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and the combat is decent for an RPG.

A vast majority of popular things are generic.

How is this a mystery?

I might be weird but the gameplay in 1 didn't bother and I fell in love with the series right away. Nepgear and Uni the best though