Should i keep a miata n/a or turbo/supercharge it?

Should i keep a miata n/a or turbo/supercharge it?

If you want more power than the Miata has do yourself a solid and buy an S2000, boxster, Sky/solstice, corvette, or any other roadster that has more than 90hp...

Even the slowest Miata has 116hp.

yeah at the crank

what do you do with the car?

I put a go metro engine in my miata
How do I get mire power

Assuming 15% drivetrain loss, that's still 98.6 at the wheels. 99% of people mean crank horsepower when they talk about horsepower. It's like numbers, if it doesn't have a minus you assume it's positive. If you mean wheel horsepower, clarify that you're talking about wheel horsepower.

NA is an expensive way to go slow

forced induction or get something else

then again the Miata is a piece of shit that needs rebuilding for 200hp lel

DD except in the winter and at somepoint go to autocross/track days with it

What have you done to the car so far?

1. Don't be an autist it's a hyperbole
2. 98whp brand new is lucky to be 90whp years later
3. You get the point, miatas have stupidly weak engines, if you just want handeling and don't care for power then whatever, if you want power don't even bother with them.

Nothing really, its bone stock

And you want to turbo a miata with no bracing, no suspension tuning, presumably very worn bushings, and stock brakes?

yes

Well not now, i was going to turbo it after i get everything in order

sounds like you're in the situation I was in OP, I have an Integra and a week after buying it I picked up a turbo kit from another integra part out for 1k, almost put it on, and realized I probably should get some other things out of the way first.
Start with your suspension, tires, and wheels, work your way up.
when you run out of simple things to do, start looking into FI vs all engine builds.
Get quotes from shops, browse forums, and build a dream.
as long as it drives without making you fear it's about to explode or fail the car is fine, if you finish with suspension and wheels and decide to stop there, it's perfectly fine and normal.

if you want serious responses you're better off posting in a miata thread.
any miata threads outside of it just attracts people that talk shit about a car they've never driven.

didnt read thread, but as a previous owner of a supercharged NA, definitely go with a turbo if you're going forced induction.

Since the miata weighs so little, any power increase is going to feel like a lot. You want your shit in order. I was almost set on rebuilding my engine for 350hp in my Mustang, but it's also a 27 year old car. The suspension's shot, the brakes are shit, it needs better sub frame connectors, etc. Better to spend money there first.

literally anything is faster than a miata, it barely makes 100hp and you just automatically jump to expensive super cars, just buy a cheaper 6 cylinder like a lexus sc300 or something for like 4k, no need to jump the price about 10-20k.

>should I keep a mistake
No
>TFW when miata autocorrects to mistake

What's the 1.8 drivetrain reliability like at around 200-225 whp?

Google it, I'm pretty sure this is all on Miata.net and miata turbo
I believe clutch is usually the first to go at 140hp, diff will randomly explode even on stock power, and the tranny and engine are good for 250 stock, but I think that's for the na6

Is that the open diff or the torsen?

open, the torsen can handle light boost i think

If you want it to drive like it does now but faster go supercharger.

Don't even need to go crazy.

>99% mean crank
No, 99% of us mean actual horsepower and not factory rated shit when we're discussing 20 year old vehicles.

>lexus sc300
>when we're discusding things similar to a miata
Yeah, or OP could go buy a couch and make engine noises.

Would it really be better with a sc?

Not him, but from what I've read on miata.net, it's really a matter of driving style. If you like to rev the nuts off your Miat and keep it near redline, then you're better served with a tarbo. If you like instant off the line low RPM power/the feeling that you just have a bigger engine that behaves the same way, then go SC. Turbo has a lot more power potential for the same price, but requires more surgery and wrenching. SC will make less power for the money, but it literally just bolts on.

>S2000, Sky/Solstice, Boxster, Corvette,
>any other roadster

yeah... Supercars...
Stop posting anytime now bud.

I like both but Id like the turbo more, but id go with the sc cause its instant power and im pretty much a beginner with wrenching so the sc looks better for now

you can easily run 250hp to the wheels with stock internals

Boost is cheap if you do it right. You could have a turbo setup for significantly less than $2k. Possibly less than $1k if you're patient.

Throw it on, run 8psi or whatever stock motors have proven to be decently reliable at and enjoy.

When it pops, swap to forged internals or swap to one of the better factory motors and turn the boost up.

If you are doing autocross type shit, the answer is always miata anyways. You're already in the car you should be. No reason to go spend a shit ton on something else just to want boost in that too.

The best thing about supercharging with is all your na mods aren't wasted. A friend of mine had am NC miata with intake, header, and cat-back. He checked out turbo's, but he'd have to take out almost half the stuff he had and spend more to replace it. In the end he got a supercharger. The intake mated up perfectly, the header and catback only improved response, and when he dailys it, he has instant power when he wants it.

Do everything you can to make your car great for NA with simple bolt ons, then get a SC.

I think your high m8.

Your not going to be able to get
Turbo
Inter cooler
Injectors
Piping
Oil lines
Wastegate
Fuel pump
ECU
Tuning
Install

For under 1k. Even if you do the instal yourself it won't be less than 1k.

Prove it fgt

You fucked up OP. Now everyone will assume you are a fag because you own that tiny car. Tiny car means tiny dick

You want me to prove that it isn't possible?

I think it would be more reasons to see proof it is.

Here's a bit of proof though:
The cheapest ECU for a Miata is 500usd with tax and shipping.

If your honestly believe that you can get everything else you need for 500 your high. And I forgot to mention a new clutch/PP...

Adding a turbo to an NA car is going to realistically cost you thousands. 4-10 depending on the vehicle is reasonable

>or OP could go buy a couch and make engine noises.
Kek

I think a centrifugal supercharger sized correctly can give you more top end power but still have the instant throttle response and no boost lag. All about proper sizing of compressors, tuning and cams/other things that affect flow rates etc.
There are so many variables it can be overwhelming desu

Wew lad that's some serious shitposting