losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5559349341.html
vodnik-decals.com/collections/automotive/products/watzda
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

here's mine.
front has been raised a bit since.

not a butt tho

>the Veeky Forums makes fun of miatas more than fwd
>tfw can't into performance miatas

Holy shit balls, I have a Miata based "Tales From The Dealership" story that happened this weekend that is going to be a fucking 10/10 when I get around to actually posting it.

Picture very, VERY related

Looks good. Too low=too slow

>tfw fingers crossed that the clean $5k 1996 M edition near my house won't get bought up before I come home for summer break

My fucking nigga!!!!!

Miatagang in this bitch.

Eurofag here, bought my first car last friday, a 1995 1.8 with some minor problem and a need for a respray, but pretty well maintained. It's really so much fun to drive

Some little touches on the interior too

>on a waitinglist for the next trackday
>no confirmation email yet
things are looking grim for driving fast this weekend

Miata gettin bondo all over it ugh all this dust fuck

the booty

>tfw you decide to do a casual visual inspection under the car and find a leaking axle and rear transmission seal
>tfw you stick your pinky in the diff fill hole and don't feel any gear oil
>tfw you almost ruined your torsen

just about to order an axle seal and rear trans seal. I'm probably going to replace the diff vent too maybe. hopefully I won't have to drop the diff to get the axle or driveshaft out.

yaaaaay LPG sneak preview

>hopefully I won't have to drop the diff to get the axle or driveshaft out.

nah senpai

congrats on the new ride man!

yeah now that I think about it, when I swapped my diff I removed the actual differential last. I already had the driveshaft and both axles out. it should be cake.

How can I tell what gear ratio my mx5 has? I sit on about 3500rpm at 100 km/h

Been looking for other alternatives to RPF1s and 6ULs. Was considering Enkei Compes but they weight a lot at 16lbs or so for a 15x7. Any other suggestions?

>that overspray on the lock cylinder

uh oh

my (german) miat.

drives so much more quieter without the hardtop squeaking. so cozy.

good win racing sells a wheel called traklite gear. it's super light, pic related, and in 15x8 +36. it's also roll formed like rpf1s. Good win sells them for like $150 a pop.

also Kosei K1 is nice too

Miata noob here. Was thinking of buying this thing from Moss. Is it good?

Should I upgrade the exhaust at the same time?

no.

Just... no?

>is it good
>asks if an air filter is good
no it wont do anything your stock air filter will do. unless you're massively modifying the induction of the engine then no point in just slapping on an air filter.

So a CAI on an N/A would be a waste of money?

your airbox is already a cold air induction system. actually i dont know about miatas because I've never worked on one specifically. but generally the air boxes are ported to not be directly infront of the exhaust and have osme tube running to the front or side fender for air intake. but do you have an aftermarket intake and exhaust system? if not there's no point in changing the resistance of the air filter element.

Well, the product I am looking at is advertised as "Air Intake System by Cobalt," and includes both the filter and the tube. Do you mean "aftermarket intake" as the intake manifold?

And I do plan to replace the exhaust system.

Unless you want a different intake sound, in general, yes, they are a waste of money.

Also, hopefully I'll be buying a miat this weekend. As long as I can find a good one. Wish me luck Veeky Forums sempai!

Would installing an aftermarket exhaust be of any benefit?

I live in MA.

I don't know. Haven't really researched it. Depends on the car. Some can make good gains if they have a restrictive system. Just do some googling and find out.

Why can't you just buy a Honda or any other small car in the price range

>Engine swap two weekends ago
>Fixed huge exhaust leak last weekend
>New tires this Saturday

I might be able to drive my 90 miata for more than 20 minutes this weekend. And that will be the longest drive since I bought it last fall.

i would have powder coated that roll bar tbqh. i fucking hate chrome.

Or better yet replaced it with a real roll bar, since a style bar will just kill you

arent they designed to tie into the unibody frame or something..

that wheels must weight a ton. you should get rid of them asap, you'll be amazed how improved the acceleration will be

It's on the list of many things to fix. Now that I have the car running and driveable, I'll probably drive down to Richmond in the next month or so to get a better roll bar. The current one moves 6 inches with a rough shake.

Nice trunk rack, post pics?

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5559349341.html

"Holy shit this looks amazing."
>automatic
I am now sad.

>losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5559349341.html
MANUEL SWAP TIME

Considering it

I've got the oem wheels, just waiting the end of the month to decide, as I need new tires anyway. These are 6 years old, but still grips really well thanks to being much wider.

bumping with a fresh pick of my miats. this time on Friday and I'll be drag racing it for the first time lol. aiming for 16 second range.

Anyone else have the issue of droopy eyeball vents? The fixes I've seen so far seem pretty ghetto.

I just kind of push them in until they stick. mine aren't that loose though

>fresh
I see what you did there

>researching NA miatas for first car
>notice headrest speakers
>headrest
>fucking
>speakers

I know that from the factory they don't usually come wired well, and are pretty wimpy. How many of you have headrest speakers, are they any good and how do you make them better?

Also, how much can I expect to pay for a moderate condition NA8? I'm not looking for some perfect one, but I'd like it to not be falling apart.

my car had them but they were all blown out. I just got better door speakers and moved the sound balance to the front with my head unit. they're pretty bad but they are upgradable.

posting meme car

NB with over 200k km on it but relatively clean body and hardtop has been up for sale at $6500 for about 3 months
does it sound feasible to offer 5000-5500 for it?

>australia prices

Tfw spent 160 dollars on primer today
Miats is gonna be looking goooood

Fucking exif rotation I hate you

fuck yeah dude post progress pics as you go
whats your goal colour/finish?

Painting it the same color it already was, glorious mariner blue.
Gonna make it mint tho I'm taking all the dents out and getting it perfect.
Gonna shave the antenna off too for a cleaner look.

Whats your plan for taking out the dents and dings? I have a shit ton

v. nice man
always happy to see people doing home paint jobs. im considering doing an evo orange when i get the chance

Sand to metal, repair as needed, bondo, epoxy primer, polyester primer, base coat then clear coat.
Lel.

Posted a pic in the last Miata thread of my wheels finally finished and mounted, but here it is again. I was hoping to put my Garage Vary tails in this weekend, but I'm starting to come down with a cold, and the weather's supposed to be lousy, so I might put it off another week.

Strongly considering having the car vinyl wrapped after I do the GV tails, but I really can't decide on a color.

Looks good but kind of heavy. How much do they weigh?

Where did you get those mud flaps?

Never weighed them, but I was surprised at how light they were the first time I picked them up. I thought they were going to be pretty heavy, but I'd guess around 13lb per wheel.

They're OEM mud guards that I got off GoMiata about 4 years ago. Not sure if they're still available.

>I live my life a quarter mile at a time
>for those 17 seconds or less, I'm free

pretty much lol

Edmunds says the 1997 does a 1/4 mile in 15 seconds flat so we'll see how I compare

I like those headlights user, I think I mightve asked you this already but what are they?

I sometimes see NAs with that sort of gold colored sticker or inlay on the front bumper by the turn signal that says Mazda on it. Where can I get one?

why didn't the mr2 become as popular as the miata.

it's just as good as a sports car (or better), and nobody buys a miata for practicality sake.

i don't mind buying a miata but it would be damn cool if mr2s had as much of an aftermarket

They're Dapper 7" projector headlights. Might ditch them for Jass low pros at some point.

That's just a sticker that I think 90-92's came with from the factory. Just type in Mazda Miata Front Bumper Sticker on Google and you should get plenty of results.

might be of interest
vodnik-decals.com/collections/automotive/products/watzda

Stock NA's came with 4.1's.

aw11 is a lot older and they're kind of deteriorating at this point. also they have even less storage than an NA and less power. it's also a bit more difficult to service due to midship layout.

that said I have a friend with a Silvertop swapped AW11 and it is a great car.

nah 1.6L had 4.3 gears

>Gear ratios for North America
> MX-5
> 100km/h

Solid effort user

excuse my americentrism

he could've been Canadian though idk

Well, got this far with the bondo tonight, gonna have to float both sides where the hinge is with bondo, shit got all wavey from the hinge stress I guess.

Can we get some Mariner Blue booty shots for the desktop.?

This all I got on the phone

No better pics. sorry, I'm basically only driving it these days, always forgetting my camera, and is always late so pretty dark.

looking good familia

Dig it. I'm a sucker for miata racks and that's one of the better ones

Bought my first Miata yesterday, very well-kept NB with 88K miles for $2.8k private sale

Here in europe there's no better choice, that thing can carry up to 35kgs. Sadly the company that made them is gone out of business, they had a bike and ski carriers which mounts on that rack, and I need to find a way to transport my bike(s) around while leaving the passenger seat free. I'm thinking of adapting a standard roof bar mounted bike rack

Dem North Dakota lack of rice tax dayum. Great job.jpg

>total MR2's produced
>current total Miatas produced

Welp there's your answer.

>yfw you will never own a pristine

but base model is best model, user

well besides no torsen, but that's simple enough. after that it's basically an R Package.

No self respecting man would ever drive a miata.

Whenever I see a miata, I always joke with my girlfriend, "There goes another gayboy."

I always fuck with miata drivers, I get right next to them, and rev the shit out of my straight piped V8.

I drive a v8 and people like you are a joke and keep the small penis meme alive

Well meme'd my friend.

so carbonmiata released an overfender kit for the NC... not sure how I feel about it. I'd have to see it on an NC with a removable hard top to get a better idea I think.

it looks interesting at least and it's good that the NC aftermarket is growing

Thats pretty hilarious. Hang it on the exhaust.

Stanced.

>ruined

>All these NA's
Who /NB/ here?

Wheels and tires are next because I fucking hate the wheels on it now and I want to go from all seasons to summers

Pretty sure the millionth Miata rolled off the assembly line like last week

>carbon miata
I spent last night looking through their catalog
I know they're supposed to be high quality fit and finish and workmanship, and I'm glad their stuff is actually lighter than stock, but holy shit everything on their website is just carbon fiber rice

I made it to 65000 miles. Feels okay I guess. I don't like watching the mileage go up but at the same time I plan on keeping it forever. I put in the delrin door bushings and a cup holder yesterday day.

The door bushings eliminated a ton of rattle in the car and the interior seems a bit quieter now. Not to mention the car feels slightly stiffer over bumps now. Over all, I think it was a solid purchase, even though I have to slam the shit out of my doors now.

The cup holder is just a straight 10/10 because now I don't have to use that shitty NB1 cup holder in the center console

Wow that is actually quite nice. The blue is a bit too exotic *for me at least but if it was like grey or something it would be quite nice. The factory rice it has is not too choppy either!