Offroad

What are your favorite offroaders? I am thinking of picking up a 1st gen Toyota 4Runner

I prefer full size rigs, you get way more for your money. I love Toyotas but for what people want for them around here you could get two full size 4x4s

The total cost of these three is $6,000 and the one in the middle is a cummins

In case you couldn't tell I like dodges

Not OP
I like Dodges too friend
Got an 85 W150 and an 87 Ramcharger myself

Between me and my brother we have/had

93 w150 5.9 magnum
92 d350 Cummins
88 d150 318
86 w150 snow commander package 360
84 w150 225 slant six 4speed
73 d300 440 4speed 4x4

>4 cylinder
>4.0
Feels good man

Do it.

How much do they want op?
I picked up this chrysler shitbox to jack up and have fun in the winter and for fishing trails last week, but the reliability has been iffy. It has a strong 4x4 set up (even with nearly stock ratios and suspension) but I do wish I would've spent a bit more on a 3rd gen 4runner that it was up against in my time of need

G-class for hard offroading/overlanding, pajero for fast offroading.
I don't like american 4x4s because they tend to be obese. Offroaders should be mean and lean.

4-5k for a nice condition 4runner here in CA, but I found one in my area that has some problems and its only 800$.

Fortunately I am mechanically inclined, so I dont mind spending the time and money to fix it up.

1st gen 4runners are god damn tanks. I spun around on a wet road and hit a tree with the backend at fifty miles an hour then rolled on to the passenger side. During the trip I hit a concrete ditch and got knocked out. I walked away and drove home.

Powerwagons are absolute beasts. We drive them at work in the mountains. They go anywhere. I really really want to buy one but I I'm to cheap. Lol. I don't like the way the rebels look. But on the stouter 2500s the styling looks good.

I also got t-boned by a mustang. I drove home then too. His car was taken away on a tow truck.

Powerwagons have solid front axles though.

Bronco goes in all fields.

Tracker!
Tracker!
Tracker!

Are you trying to say a solid axle is bad?

Trackers and Samurai's are cute as fuck, would like one to accompany my Blazer.

Jeeps and Broncos.

They go in the woods too

Do it. Had an 86 and even with the ifs it was pretty good offroad. I never took it into really gnarly stuff but it would go places jeeps and full sizes couldnt go. Problem is, at least where I am, they're getting pricey. I sold mine 2 years ago to help on a down for the house for 8k and all it had was a small lift and 31s.

No they're wonderful for heavy duty offroad and they're cheaper to repair, but women have ruined SUVs and trucks by demanding a smoother ride so IFS took its place.

>Took the doors off
>New giant ding in the back

Looks like you've been having fun.

Adding some rock sliders to her in a couple days