>

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

>once you’ve unlocked an achievement in the Grand Campaign that allows Sarthorael to become a named Lord, playable in custom and multiplayer battles.

Time for plans lads.

Pikeman strong.

How can we plan when we don't even know what achievement that is?

What would be better, a campaign in the Kingdoms Crusades DLC or a campaign as the Crusader States in Stainless Steel?

>Fixed an issue where the Organ Gun would have to turn 360 degrees before moving
fuck I wish I could've made a webm of this.

Planning in absence or possession of knowledge, either way it is what Tzeentch wills.

Do you want a shorter, more arcadey and better balanced experience?
Or a better looking, deeper, significantly more challenging and longer game?

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

>Blood Knights

>- Speed decreased

Yeah CA. YEAH let's just make them black knights with anti-large. Even though they still have lances.
YEAH
E
A
H

W E W

>fuck I wish I could've made a webm of this.

i mean, youi still can

Can't get on my gaymen PC until the weekend. Probably be a random pain to recreate as well. Not sure how common it is.

>reinforcment bug still not fixed

ahahahahah fuck you CA

>Lets give VC everything
>Strong units, strong monsters, strong heroes, an overpowered lore
>But let's just nerf one thing so we can laugh at them bitch again at not being faceroll easy because it's funny lol
>Your post

>Improved the Campaign AI to make it less inclined to send armies an extremely long distance away to attack hostile hordes.

Finally

>varghulfs can initiate sieges now

b-but muh 3 speed

>Grudge Thrower
>- Decreased recruitment cost
>- Increased Accuracy

Oh boy :DDDD

>tfw no kislev gf to follow you to border prince lands anymore

why live

Hey I'm not a fan of how strong VC are. I'm not saying the faction should be as strong as they are.

Blood Dragons should be ridiculously powerful and expensive like they are on the TT. Nerf everything else I don't mind, but Blood Dragons are lacking right now so they should be boosted. Even if you raise their cost as well.

>underway interception!
>lord, 19 grudge throwers

o no

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

WHY IN THE LOVE OF FUCK ARE THERE NO SQUIG UNITS?.

G O B L I N S

>mfw cheaping out the AI with a level garrison of troops against a giant army of stunties, so I can fuck up all their grudge throwers in the back

Eat phallic shrooms, you shit-encrusted beardy hoomielets.

GOBBOS, TO ZA FORE

What is your first goal /twg/?

A) Go blind yourself a Todbringer

B) Shit on civilization on a Grand(campaign)er scale

C) Exterminate furryniggers

D) Try and shake up metafags and invent a beastmen force to fuck everyone up in multiplayer

E) take advantage of all the beastmen experiments and farm more wins with your ebin death star

>What is your first goal /twg/?

Fun

A and B both in GC because I want to kill everything aside Chaosbros

Never cared about MP and never will, play a few games for kicks but its meh, no buds to play fluffy and fun armies with.

I mostly meant A as a reference to the mini-campaign. That's what I'll be doing.

I'm sure you might get somebody if you ask around here if they're interested in all gobbos vs all empire militia plus artillery or something.

genocide the topknotz by turn 10

You can conquer half the world by turn 10.

Play 'an eye for an eye' on vh or legendary and rape the whole map.
Then I'm gonna do the same thing on the GC, can't wait to help Archaon bring the End Times and therefore Age of Sigmar :^)

The Amber-wizards Gryphon seems pretty weak.

Yeah it's a weird dealio.
They obviously can't make him a better melee combatant than the dedicated guys by sole virtue of his mount. So it's probably just for mobility with a little more tank. I wonder how much it costs compared to a pegasus.

Didn't they say they nerf'd the griffin mounts in the patch notes?

Uh, yes. But I only remember the generic lord's griffin's health slightly and it costs a bit more.
That changenote means it won't effect Karl's deathclaw.
Unless he was also mentioned later on.

The new wizard's griffin is a jade griffin, so specifically a different mount as well.
And they can't nerf what isn't in the game yet anyway.

You think there are plans to give VC a lord who doesn't rely on magic?

I just want a character who can absolutely fuck shit up in melee like Grimgor or The Franz

Do you guys think there should be a different balancing regarding Multi/Single-player?
Obviously in the Lore some factions are stronger than others.

Konrad fits the bill. Maybe Krell but that's a bit silly.
Somewhat hard to tell because they need to have magic to lead undead according to the TT.
Also depends on if they "revive" characters that are dead outside of the current "time period".

They only need to balance the MP purchase price of units and that's it.

>be me playing Empire
>wrecking Vampire Cunts
>Altdorf Wizard College is complete
>oh shit time to get Balthasar Gelt
>give him a big-ass army of greatswords, crossbowmen, cannons, rocket artillery
>have him fight two stacks of Skaeling made entirely of marauders
>greatswords losing to marauders in melee
>Gelt's spells aren't even putting a dent in the mead drinking fucks

Why even be Supreme Patriarch?

Did you remember to hammer and anvil?

Can't go too heavy on the artillery. Otherwise the only way marauders could beat greatswords would be by overnumbering them drastically.

All aoe damage spells are garbage. Except gork's foot against really low armour stuff.
Lore of metal use only buffs.

Wizard lords are underwhelming in general which is a shame. Gelt has the best design and best voice and I'd love to use him more.

ONE MORE DAY

HOW ARE YOU FEELING BROTHERS OF THE WARHERD?

>generic dorf general
>6 dwarf warriors
>2 dwarf miners
>6 quarrellers
>2 grudge throwers

VS

>3 black orcs
>2 orc big uns
>6 orc arrer boys
>2 orc boar boys
>2 trolls
>1 goblin rock lobber

Was I a bitch for corner stratting this one? was still a close victory,

[Angry bleating]

Wait shit what the fuck? I thought if they rode out I'd get the settlement, but instead I'm still not able to fucking take it with my current force. Fucking short arse dawi cunts should ride ponies or some shit, sick of these orc niggers keeping half their force after every battle.

TOMORROW WE FEED ON HUMANS

When does the DLC drop? MidnightPST?

For God's sake get Molay's Spells and Artifacts or another mod that buffs magic

It's fucking weak as shit in the base game

Pretty sure 5am PST is when most games release and update on Steam, so expect it around then.

What kind of Marauders, the ones with Great Weapons? Greatswords are good, but they can't really block. Since marauders have almost no armor, Greatswords aren't too effective against hordes of them. Use GS against armored opponents or as flankers, they have a decent charge stat. As for Gelt, I've found his unit unit augments to be much more useful than his offensive attacks. Stick with those.

You could have done a little better. Orc Arrer Boyz are useless, it takes a few volleys from the crossbows to send them running. I typically put archers into skirmish just ahead of the front line infantry, let them get a few volleys off then pull them back and focus on taking out the enemy archers. One think I've learned with Dwarfs is to use the ranged weapons to substitute for the lack of fast moving cavalry. It gets much better when you get the Gryos, the fastest units in the game.

Halberds or Spears with shields for best anvil?

Empire btw.

Neither.

Halberds.

Use spears with shields

>"""Allied""" gyrocopters drop bombs on my thunderers who were in melee with wolf riders, wiping half of them
CUNTS.

Never. This game is strangely girl free when it comes to heroes.

There might be Neferata and Morathi, but that's gonna be all the girls you'll get.

>Wood Elves
>High Elves
>Dark Elves
>Vampire Counts
>Tomb Kings
>Bretonnia
They all have important female characters and I'm pretty sure we'll have far more than one or two female LL and heroes.

>Nef

Most unlikely desu.

Brets can have the fay enchantress, TK have khalida. Wood elves have a couple I think and the high elves too.

Greatswords

And to give more information than just being a blunt asshole:

Depends on what you're doing, singleplayer or multiplayer.

Multiplayer you probably want spears without shields honestly. small arms projectiles aren't particularly impactful.

Also to consider in MP but SP as well, is the pervasiveness of infantry units. The charge defense isn't too noteworthy and matters very little against infantry, which most of the combat blob will be.
Large units are either cavalry used to charge, and they'll never just hit your frontline.
The other option is things like giants, which try to shove through the frontline. Then you want your highest quality anti-large held in reserve to be put forward against them, as again they won't just blindly wander into their counter.
Halberdiers are the preffered option for that.

Neferatta shouldn't appear for a number of reasons. Morathi obviously will.

Wood Elves should get Sisters of Twilight. Not sure how they would be presented in one model though.

High Elves shouldn't have a female LL. They exist and are noteworthy but still far less important than four or five male characters.

Isabella isn't very likely either maybe for Nurgle later on

Tomb kings for almost certain will have Khalida.

Bretonnia even more certainly will have the Fey Enchantress.

>Have army in a city
>chaos faggots come attack me
>teleported to the other side of chaos faggots so me and the garrison are on opposite ends of the map
how and/or why

Thundering Pass battle was the best simulation of what being an infantryman must have been like during the 'use strategic bombers tactically experiment' in WW2. Literally dropping a whole string of bombs on 6 goblin wolf rider surrounded by 100 dwarf warriors.

Thanks, I'm leaning towards Halberds tbqh. They seem to have the same staying power I've found and will at least hurt the enemy a bit more than spears will.

Its a feature.

Bug which they have admitted is difficult to fix, not sure if it even got mentioned in the new patch notes.

>no swordsmen mainline with spear/halberd flank protection and greatsword shock troops

shiggy diggy

Both.

Alternatively Depends on where the army is.
Against chaos warriors, you don't really need the spears. but against dwarves having shields to soak up the ranged fire is important.

That's odd considering it worked fine in every other TW game I've played

Maps feel really big to walk towards the enemy, I don't know.

Small, Medium, High or Ultra unit sizes?

High is the perfect compromise between high unit numbers and somewhat useful magic

Ultra or bust

the game is balanced around the Large unit size

>Wood Elves should get Sisters of Twilight.
Nah, they are too unimportant in End Times.

There's this meme again

Chaos champions way to heal faster?

>ET is meme
kek
Also, it was post to user who also said >Isabella isn't very likely either maybe for Nurgle later on
Which is ET stuff too.

>ET is meme
But it is

>mfw want to play warhams but can't cause new patch and content will change everything

Literally the best reinforcement army. Based Dawi bro with 12 Grudge Throwers.

It's canon.

Not in TWW

Not confirmed.

The game is set and locked in time in 2502, 20 years before the End Times.
The story of the End Times arc from the novels and Tabletop is completely irrelevant to TWWH.

The only way to confirm it would be to make an AoS DLC, and that ain't gonna happen.

CA here, can confirm that its not canon

CA explicitly stated that TWW is based on 8th edition and that no End Times material will be used.
also what said

That's fine, though I'd put some of the greatswords right at the front though. If you're empire you'll probably be winning the cavalry dance so flank protection isn't that important in my opinion.

I suppose. I gave Wood Elves a little bit more thought and I'm still a bit confused. They don't really have a really good magic user as a named character. Orion and Drycha are probably the most likely LLs. Though Drycha is only a level 2 wizard.
Sisters of Twilight is the only option for a third.

As for being unimportant in the end times, I don't think it matters too much.
Kemmler only lubricated Arkhan's blade for a little bit. I can understand paying attention to him based on his long history as well though.

I just started at Ultra. I don't mind Large but I find it a bit weird to switch between sizes.
So ultra I shall stay.

It is confirmed that the End Times are not taking place in TWW. Whether or not they'll take some things from it or not is another question.
Glottkin would be really neat.

Actually. The second expansion in the leak was supposed to be dedicated to four armies for each Chaos God.
So maybe they'll ship a campaign with that which does feature the later portions of the End Times.

The game is absolutely confirmed to be set decades before the End Times

Archie is a level 2 wizard too yet he casts just as good as a bright wizard, wizard levels don't matter in this game

Yeah for sure. I was mostly refering to splitting the lords of a faction between a guy who is invested heavily into combat and one who is alternatively invested heavily into magic.

Chaos does break that trend though.
Not sure.

I wonder how you implement wizard levels in the game. Maybe have spells take up slots ala equipment, and a characters level determines how many they can know?

this system would be awesome, because right now a lot of wizard are like multitool hero who can buff make dmg debuff etc

I'm not sure if it is worth bothering with since it plays heavily into the RNG mechanics in the tabletop, an element that simply doesn't exist in TWWH

In Singleplayer they need a few more augments to their spellcasting to make it better than those without, or just generic heroes.

Which would move nicely to multiplayer. Where balance is the only issue. Should be much better with wargear and spell purchasing coming with the patch.

>stated that TWW is based on 8th edition and that no End Times material will be used.
End Times started in 8th edition (WoC armybook).

>The game is absolutely confirmed to be set decades before the End Times
So what? They could push timeline forward with each game.

Speculation.

All information we currently have tell us that the End Times aren't relevant.

Obviously any COULD happen in the future, but that's hardly a useful sentiment and in any case everything points to the Wood Elves being released before such a time shift could occur

I know exactly how you feel, buddy.

>that the End Times aren't relevant.
>game starts when Archaon returns from the Chaos Wastes
>End Times irrelevant

The lead in events are also in the Vampire Counts book and shit yes.

Whether or not the event to be perceived as the End Times has started. As yes it had in a few 8th Ed army books. The End Times™
No garbage possessed(ruined) Karl Franz fighting Nagash or united Elf friends forever club ft. MalekiLL - straight outta mom's house.