/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #386

"Max is Rachel" Edition

Previous Thread: Lesbians in Ships is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Gay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10722128
strawpoll.me/10725554
strawpoll.me/10740500
strawpoll.me/10777818
strawpoll.me/10793876
strawpoll.me/10811162

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
instaud.io/9Ei
pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

I never bought into the "Max is Rachel" theory. Even when Chloe said they could wear the same clothes it's clear that Rachel has a different face and body than Max.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

The other parts of the theory were cool though.

Chloe being in love with Max as much as she was with Rachel. Rachel coming back as Max to save everyone and hunt the ones she hated down.

Oh joy. I wonder how Nik will hide his disappointment when he sees how a character he put a lot of work into gets almost no pay off except for a final message right before his death.
I also wonder what ending he will pick. If he puts it to a vote then the shit-eaters will ruin it. Hopefully he uses his head.

Well the bay ending is the one where his character survives, so that might influence his decision.

Nathan has the potential to survive in both endings, but I doubt he would recognize this while playing. I only realized it after thinking and discussing it here.

Goodnight, /lisg/.
Hopefully things speed up a little bit.
Each day brings us closer to Season 2 and the possibility of seeing characters again or meeting new ones (But I doubt they will be as good as Max & Chloe).

I just finished this game
why did every single character love Rachel Amber?
it was to an annoying degree

Even then it's a long shot. Jefferson had Nathan's phone by the time of the party and there was probably an hour or two before David got together the group of police officers to raid the Dark Room. Plus Chloe says nothing about Nathan turning out to have survived when Max wakes up in the new timeline on the beach. Out of all the characters (aside from Kate and Frank if they already died) Nathan has the lowest probability of survival in the bae ending.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!) (thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's Chloe just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>shit storm's coming

Oh well...
please don't disappoint us Hannah, Nick...

If Jefferson had his phone before the party then how did Nathan call and leave Max a message while she was in the Dark Room? And why is that message not there in the last timeline?
I'm not saying it's definitive proof, but because small changes result in more changes (The real butterfly effect) then Max and Chloe not going to the junkyard may have meant Nathan either died sooner or survived.

I'm so excited!

Good night /lesg/, we're on page 10.

>implying the reason it hasn't taken like a year to sit down and play vidya for an hour isn't because Dontnod have made them play through it beforehand to manage their reactions and prep them on what they're allowed to say

Get ready to see Nik join the shiteaters.

Hannah and Nik a Cute!!

Will any kind souls be summarising this for the thread like the podcasts? I love Nik and Hannah and was really excited for this 6 goddamn months ago, but at this point I just don't want to look at this game again, I can't revisit how the first episodes made me feel.

Could Victoria Chase be American Psycho?

I could imagine her as a serial killer.

I don't know user, but check these

Very appropriate, but ultimately irrelevant to my post.

Victoria Chase is a highly manipulative, rigorously faceted character.

Her lack of emotional depth is something to be explored; it isn't necessarily correct to assume her apology was genuine.

Nathan is s genuinely broken person, but Victoria has something more ingenuine.

Fuck /v/ for trying to convince me that this game is SJW regressive propaganda. There is no ideology anywhere to be found. The Oregon of this game is nothing like the stereotypical communist hipster capital that /pol/ wants to think it is. There are no contrived plot points meant to push an agenda. There isn't a single badly written character. No blatant transparent pandering to irrelevant groups. Zero forced representation by tokenism. No self-insert Mary Sues or trans-black genderfluid demiboys. Even the slightly gay relationship between the main characters is developed so well that you almost think the shitty mouth animations might have been decent when you see the final kiss.

I mean damn, even the 2013 memes and slang used by these stupid high-schoolers aren't handled badly. And I don't think I've ever heard a more realistic and less contrived and/or cringeworthy use of profanity in videogame writing. These characters actually sound like people. The F-bombs drop exactly where they should.

And really... could this game with all its dark and heavy themes be at all aimed at the tumblr crowd? Call of Duty literally has more Trigger Warnings than Life is Strange. Please Veeky Forums sensei, teach me how to see this game through /v/'s /pol/itically incorrect nightmare vision goggles so I can see how dead and miserable they are inside.

What's wrong with you?

The whole "Tumblr: The Game" thing is ridiculously overblown. There's one lesbian couple, one girl with hair dye, a few bullying themes, and a couple of misogynistic villains. That's really about it. You don't see Max and Chloe bitching on Twitter and starting retarded hashtags about how white men are the devil.

>slightly gay

Go away.

None of that is bad, anyway.

"The Tumblr" boogeyman doesn't exist.

You're a huge faggot.

Hannah confirmed they'd only be playing episode one. So, Nik still won't experience the hell of episode 5, and the stream will be full of retarded caulscott tumblrinas.

>listening to /v/
>slightly gay
>slightly

Have you just never been on tumblr or something? The pansexual demiboy otherkin types are everywhere. Shitty liberal feminism devoid of sense and sanity has its claws in almost everyone on that site.

IDK you tell me, please?

It is slightly. They're really good childhood friends. It's not that easy to turn that long a development into a gay relationship no matter how hard you try. But it did slowly turn out that way to the extent of a single real kiss because Max loved Chloe enough to bend spacetime.

None of it is bad yeah, but I've seen some poltards reading way too much into every detail. Like the main catalyst scene of the story. Chloe is harassed by an armed and crazy Nathan in the bathroom. Paranoia translation: Evil white man oppresses innocent blue-haired tumblr lesbian.

Liking the game makes me that? How much of a big guy is OP then for you?

> No self-insert Mary Sues....

haha:)
nice bait m8

>It's not that easy to turn that long a development into a gay relationship no matter how hard you try.

Did you actually find the "Coldsteel The Hedgehog" of this game? Who is it?

>Paranoia translation: Evil white man oppresses innocent blue-haired tumblr lesbian
And what's funny is that if you actually pay attention to the circumstances of that incident, Chloe isn't entirely innocent. The only reason she approached Nathan in the first place was to get him wasted and steal his cash. Then after getting drugged she tried to extort money out of him instead of just telling David that one of the students used date-rape drugs.

Normies don't usually think about their good friends in sexual ways. Look at how oblivious Max was regarding Warren.

Come on dude.
It's so obvious that you just want to trigger /lisg and get (you)s

It's pretty obvious that the people drawing those ridiculous connections don't know the real context of what a scumbag Chloe often is. Kinda like how irl tumblrites actually lack all self-awareness.

>They're not lesbians, just really good childhood friends

>I don't want to save someone I've known for years because I don't want to fuck her

Read the part nearer to the bottom where it doesn't talk about saving.

>No self-insert Mary Sues

And.. you showed your hand

stop responding to bait

>You will never play as a rich tsun-tsun who falls for a qt christian grill

Who's the flawless character that the writers put in as a representation of what they'd like themselves to really be but won't ever try or can't?

>giving internet identity politics the time of day

Both sides of the argument are cancer. Excise them from your life as soon as possible. That said, the game does make a few nods to progressive ideology, but those are easily ignored and made irrelevant by the story and characters.

We really didn't have to jump on the poor newanon so hard. We could have made him one of us instead and slowly showed him/her the light.

He isn't new.

Thanks for the (you)s. And for the rest of you, I concede the gayness. I like the game, don't have a blog and was pissed off at shitheads wanting me to avoid supporting a game that made me cry twice. Take this as hella bait if you wish.

btw: captcha = Mulholland boogeyman wall pic related

>trying to make me say that

keep going

>warryn: main girl said 'ew' about him in her personal journal and no matter you try hard she cucks him for the blue chick. her subconscious also tells she sees him as a creep
>chloe: no matter you reject her advantages main girl ends up she wants to kiss her and sees a kinky dream about her

create a tumblr account and write a whole paragraph about normies then.

user, not everyone who say "I just finished the game" is baiting... we need to reduce the paranoia around here a bit.

Nice try.

>Take this as hella bait if you wish.

Believe me, people will. It's the way things are done around here.

I thought this was different from /v/. Oh well. They can eat shit and live for all I care.

user. Listen to me, I know you want to make the thread comfy and get rid of idiots but this isn't helping the general at all. Spamcuck is probably long gone. Baitcuck is still here but that's a different thing altogether, don't you post Grahamfield on me again.

Please stop.

user...

I don't go on /v/, but if it's anything like /tv/ then it's not like this place. This is just an extremely insular general that considers any differing opinion "bait" and tries to maintain its "comfy" atmosphere through aggression (especially one guy who you will learn to recognize if you stay here).

But when people aren't arguing it's quite nice actually. Don't let the initial reception discourage you.

>one more day until the year anniversary for episode 4
it was going so well

You rang, user?

Jk, I never shipped anything, just thought the hate was unWarrented when I first got here. I still think he's a better character than people give him credit for, but getting in internet arguments is just masturbatory.

>brings up tumblr, sjw issue for no reason
>brings up one of this general's comments somehow
>''general that considers any differing opinion bait''

okay keep going

Oh look, it's you, as expected. He didn't bring it up for no reason, he brought it up because that's the rhetoric associated with this game on /v/. He was trying to be *nice* by saying it's not like that.

And you really need to cut back on the drugs or whatever is making you so paranoid. People have motives other than upsetting you, user. You aren't that important.

>uncomfiness rising again

>inb4 jk

So you tried to stop our 'annoying' hatred towards him with bait/shitposting and bumping thread with shitty pics?

As I said, no interest in arguments user. You and I will never understand each other. Let's try to be happy regardless.

Kate's a dirty smelly slut.

How dare you
She is pure and innocent and never hurt anyone

just hunker down and wait for it to blow over again

Max proposed offscreen.
It's actually their childhood promise. "If we're single in 10 years, let's marry." Max kept the torch, but Chloe was hurt and didn't

>no interest in arguments

Wasn't that you who was trying to trigger people but also saying ''n-no my intention isn't bait anyone''. Well.. you are so strange user.

As I said, the understanding just isn't there. Have a nice day, friend.

>plebs defending baitposters
>one warryncuck tries to be well balanced
>people still replying to obvious bait

..i want to go back those gold days where we were waiting Episode 4's release

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

>has been baitcucking plebposting for 4 days
>has been caused shitty arguments while spammer's shitting on the thread
>agreed that he was baitcucking for the 10th time
>then says he was just trolling to figure out
>the understanding just isn't here

>memories of those times flooding back
lisg feels are real
..I want to go back too!

instaud.io/9Ei

Now you're making me sad again.

WHY is this game making me sad weeks after playing, even before listening to that music? What the fuck has this dumbass game done to me?

I chose this as my tablet background because I live that it's not weirdly romantic, but is comfy as well.

>weeks after playing
>weeks
oh user

Sorry. I know I'm new. But I try to fit in.

>They're really good childhood friends. It's not that easy to turn that long a development into a gay relationship no matter how hard you try

I don't know what did you mean by development into gay relationship mate, but nobody were expecting to see Blue Is Warmest Colour kind of scenes in this game. Right?

Main story's all about two girls whom were reunited after five years and their reconnection in five days. And if we consider that 90% game has full of tragedies and they've only five days, actually it's pretty normal to not see a making out/sex scene (I know those things are pretty necessary to you because only those things can prove if they love each other, but unfortunately they had no enough time for it)

All we got is events in game indepenant by your choices; journal entries, dream sequences, dialogues (teasing,flirting attempts...) which are enough to show their 'pure' love. Oh no sorry, forget everything. Only kiss in Bay ending shows their love; otherwise it's just a friendship because it's pretty normal to wanting kiss your bff or jealous her from everyone... right?

It's ok user
days turn to weeks
and weeks into months
and soon you too will be amused by such comments
you will fit right in

kekek welcome to hell
I played episode 5 on release and have only recently more or less put the game behind me (this is my first time on /lisg/ for months, just here because I stumbled onto news about Nik's livestream and wanted to check it had reached you all).

By "I'm new" comments, or "I'm so sad" comments?

Welcome back I guess... if I am in a position to welcome you 'back.'

>They are just friends
>besties in my playthrough

when will this meme end?

>still sad after whole days/weeks
type comments

Many of us have been here for over a year, for those of us that played ep5 on release its been 9 months already and yet, still, the feelings remain.

pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=0
>password: lis

I see what you mean.

Thank you.

>comfy music

This is doing the opposite of comforting me.

>the feelings remain

What kind of feelings?

anger

Disappointment, bitterness, sadness, a longing to return to earlier days.