Abarth 124

What are your thoughts on the Abarth 124 Veeky Forums?

>6 speed, mechanical lsd, turbo
>2300lbs curb weight (almost 500lb less than toyobaru)
>$28k starting ( same as Miata Club, $3k more than base toyobaru )
>200 whp / 200 tq with basic bolt ons

You already know what the power is with bolt ons before the car is released and the bolt ons exist?

He's probably basing that off of existing 500 Abarth bolt ons. Isn't it pretty much the same shit?

dont even need bolt ons to get 200whp on that engine, just a flash

It's exactly the same shit.

Why don't you tell me

Even better, internet experts have already improved on the OEM fuel/timing map before the car has been released, now we are really living in the future

why are you being such a faggo- oh tripfag

The very exact engine with the same turbo has been out and used in a shit ton of vehicles for past 6 years dude

Sounds better than mx5
Going to buy one.

Pointless. Doesn't need to exist, won't sell well.
>looks like a Miata
>is as big as a Miata
>weighs as much as a Miata
>same performance as a Miata
>same price as a Miata
"The FIat 124: The Miata for people who want a Miata but don't want a 'Miata'"
it'd uglier, too

Maybe he bought an ND miata?

This is like if someone bought an FR-S only to discover a year later that Subaru will be releasing a turbo sti BR-Z

tis the modern 240Z in many respects. Even Mr. K said that the Miata was the spiritual successor of the Z.

And don't you guys go and tell me this isn't a Miata, because it's a Miata with paint and engine work.

It's more powerful than the Miata.

Why not a fucking boxster?

engine work is putting it lightly, it's the turbo miata we always wanted

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty hype about this.

pre 2010 boxster = 10% engine grenades itself

also maintenance is significantly cheaper on the fiat, and since you're buying new, warranty.

and yes, you can cheat with the warranty by using a piggyback tune - just remove it when you need to bring it in

More power and more torque, same weight and same performance. Sad.

>looks like a Miata
No, it looks better than the Miata
>same performance as a Miata
No, it has more power and potential than the Miata

The 370Z is the modern 240Z...

The Miata is the modern British roadster.

Like I pointed out to the other guy, it having more power is not a good thing if it has the same performance.

Can I get it without the stupid 2 tone?

I'm conflicted. I really want the Miata RF because hardtop, but the Abarth has obviously better performance. I also think the RF looks better. Any plans for an Abarth hardtop?

to be fair he did say spiritual successor.

370z kinda lost it's way due to being heavy

anyways, i'm glad to see people on Veeky Forums are actually excited about this car (aside from a couple troll/absolute retards)

How do you know if it has the same performance?

Yeah I really like this car. Maybe I'll own one someday.

>The 370Z is the modern 240Z...
no, no it is most definitely not. It is a pigfat chassis that Nissan slapped a 'Z' badge on and called it a day.

The real successor is the Miata, plain and simple. It is an engaging, very raw machine made to bring the best out in you and make you smile, all while not breaking the bank. It is your steed.

THAT'S what the 240Z used to be.

Going to buy one. It's everything the ND Miata should have been, but isn't

Literally the only question is do I cuck myself and buy it new, or string myself out for a year or so and pick up a decent used one for half price thanks to lolFCA boat anchor tier depreciation.

>How do you know if it has the same performance?
literally google it

just wait a year dude
to be fair, the good tuning shops will need to crack the ECU first

Any ausbros happen to know what kind of pricing the 124 will have in 'straya?

I might start saving up some money and get one next year, I've always wanted to own another Italian (or half-italian) car ever since I had my old Alfa 156.

I'm in the same position. I will test drive it, if I really like it I won't hesitate to buy it since I'd probably keep it for a long time.

Starts at $33495 canadian.

$3500 more than the 370z
$4100 more than the ecoboost mustang
$6000 more than the FRS

Combine that with the 500s reputation for being an unreliable piece of shit, and it's RIP in peace fiat canada

A lot of it will also depend on how much I can jew the dealership down on a new one as well. I can play the depreciation card against them in that regards, make the fuckers cut me a real deal to get it new

124 Abarth will start at 28,195 in the US for the manual

Puts it right at the same price point as the BRZ/FR-S. Club Miata will actually be about 500 more expensive, and it's only 2K more than an ecoboost mustang here. And considering everything but the engine and tranny (the most reliable parts of the 500) are directly copied from the ND Miata, and the car is built in Japan in the same plant as the Miata, I doubt reliability will become an issue

I kinda like one later when they are used. See if this car has problemos or not. However it will be very difficult finding one with an unblemished hood. That flat black hood will get washed with car soaps that have carnauba or some other wax in it (since most do) and people will fail to raise the hood when waxing the fenders, leaving the edges of the hood messed up. Some idiots will even try waxing the hood without ever reading the manual.

you can order one without the matte black hood/trunk. Though I'm pretty sure if it get's messed up you can just peel it off and just get a local shop to apply a new wrap.

I assumed it would be painted. Is it not? Link?

oh i just assumed it would be a wrap, but i guess that's not the case.

it'd be cool if it was peel-able anyways though, like plastidip

Matte black hoods were a thing back in the day. Helps reduce sun glare.

i'm definitely a fan of matte black hoods, it'd just be nice if fiat would make it easy to take off / re apply.

25 cents have been deposited into your account.

functional and stylish as fuck

I'm considering purchasing one too. What were some major factors when you were considering between this and the miata? (besides just price and power)

the proportions of the RF just seem off to me. I'm not sure if it's because of the flying buttresses, or if the hardtop is just off putting. Albeit, some people think the RF mx-5 is phenomenal in design so who knows

Will it happen?

looks like a miniature snek

Yep, seriously thinking of picking one up.

I would buy one if I wasnt saving for something else

Fiat badge ruins it

That WWII fighter feel.

You think I could get a good deal on a Fiat just from them knowing most Americans don't want their car?
Or will they think I'm that much of a beta faggot to buy their car, that they can play me like a fiddle?

LOL HAHAHA AHA EPIC /B/RO LOL HAHAHHXDDDDDDD

it's good that manufacturers are starting to take light weight design seriously again, some more new materials are going to be made

it's true though, fiat are kia tier

It's a Miata.

All sports cars at that time were raw and engaging. The 240z had about the same weight as a 911, and just 100 to 200 lbs lighter than the c3.

The 240z was a gt. The miata is roadster.

The 370z is a modern 240z as much as a modern car can be an early 70s car.

This.
You're a dumbass. By that logic, the Miata is "the real successor" to every 60s and 70s sportscars.

Man the 156 was great

>L6 miiata
yea naw

More like 2500lbs

It's physically bigger than the miata and has more engine parts thanks to the turbo.

When will the hard top be released,live in Chicago,kinda need it for shitty weather purposes

No, Kia is actually pretty good now.

>Physically bigger
Like the headlight sticks out 3cm more?

>More engine parts thanks to turbo
At worse, the engine weight is a wash between the 2.0L and Fiat's 1.4L

>Even Mr. K said that the Miata was the spiritual successor of the Z.

wat

He might have, he referred to the z32 as the fatlady instead of fairlady.