Never Going to Sell Thread

Who else here doesn't ever plan to sell/trade/replace/part-out/dismantle or otherwise get rid of their car?

>what is she?
>does she have a name?
>why is she special?
>til _____ do you part?

Other urls found in this thread:

fwdperformance.com/Store/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not planning on selling my E39 M5. Here's to hoping life lets me keep it.

1978 f150
No name
Last project my father and I did before he passed.
I'll never sell it, and it'll always be perfect

>StanceNation.jpg

>1995 Audi S2 Avant
>Audrey/Velvet Hammer/Slipper Wagon
>she's basically an audi quattro in sleeper attire, 2226cc 20vt i5, torsen quattro awd
>a fiery ball of death

Post her here all the time desu

I blew the motor in my Ranger back in 2103 and still have it in the driveway. No name but she's very special to me. I planned on putting a new engine but I got busy, I want to junk her sometimes but never do.

It my first car and I never want to get rid of it

1971 Gran Torino / 428ci engine with 4 speed manual

It's currently in a barn whilst I save up to restore it. Paint alone is probably going to set me back 8k. ;_;

>2103
>Implying fords would ever last that long

Can't get rid of my Triumph ever as I have a Triumph tattoo on my back

429*

It's sat for 35 years but it's a rust free Texas car.

Eeeeeeeembarrassing

My LeBaron GTC Turbo. When it finally blows up, I intend to go down with the ship. Maybe I should wire explosives in the trunk just for that occasion.

Despite me preferring BMWs at the moment, I'll be USDM4LYF

AW11 MR2

Got a plan to build it out to a fun track day car, do a 2 litre conversion, coilovers and bodykit. Keep it registered and insured. Then begin the next project, no intention to sell the mr2.

It was an guys weekend ride for HAM radio meets or something. It had around 60k miles from one owner when I bought it in 2011. I drove the shit out of it and hit 104k. Unfortunately I didn't maintain it and it abused it.

>biker tattoo
>literally one of the two acceptable classes of tattoos
When was the last time you left your house?

>1993 lumina with 3.1 v6
>Hetzer, The Shitbox
>she's my first car, and helped me get away from my house during some rough times. its also how i learned how to basic maintenance on her, so she's special and i know how to keep her going

till my viking funeral inside of her, i have explicitly written this in my will. or if i can pass her down to my child i will consider it

>1982 DeLorean DMC-12
>No
>Was my grandpa's before he died; wanted to drive it since I was 8
>End of the universe

Someone do it.

check out the W-body forums. A lot of those guys stock spare parts. One thing I would definitely keep on hand are replacement leafsprings for the back. The fiberglass of the leafspring weakens over time and it it snaps, the entire rear suspension will collapse on itself.
pic related. All Gen 1 W-bodies have this setup. Gen 1.5, gen 2, and gen 3 cars switched to conventional coil springs for the IRS.

>1st car
>massive boot
>parts everywhere (=cheap)
>2.5T towing
>easy to mod with higher spec parts

Theres just

The ingenuity of Americans never ceases to amaze me.

NO WAY
O

W
A
Y

>ingenuity

That's not how you abbreviate "genuine idiocy".

T-Sport Celica

I always wanted one and got it as my second car. It's not terribly exciting but l'm going to do somethings on it in the coming years to back up its look.

>>what is she?
Fiat Punto 188 mk2b
>>does she have a name?
mostly call her "Zitrone" (german for lemon because she's yellow)
>>why is she special?
first self bought car, there was always at least one person with a Punto in my family
>>til _____ do you part?
I think either engine failure or driver error

can't sell because it's worth almost nothing anymore and because I'm poor as shit and couldn't buy another car.
And I like it plus it works, so there's no need to buy an other car.

Why not replace the engine instead of suicide?
just a thought

y'all are delusional
Everyone with a car they like goes through this phase.

Your point being?

He's in Europe. It would cost him more than the car is worth to import another 2.2L SOHC Turbo engine from America.

Enjoy the time you have with her. Don't think it's for ever. You'll lose her one day. Don't take her for granted.

I do.
I don't, but
it's not a certainty, which is the point of this thread.
I don't.

Nah, I'll always have her, and her me. I'll fucking kill that bitch if she tries to leave. We were meant to be together forever.

You sound like the Yandere MR2

Also, more exists beyond the realms of your experience and your imagination. You'll be happier one day and you won't be looking be looking backwards.

You should lay off the drugs, son.

Never getting rid of my Lexus. Got too attached

How do you like the GTS-t? I'm having a little trouble deciding between getting one vs getting a GT-R. The ITBs and ATTESA sound like they would make the GT-R a lot more interesting and fun, but the GTS-t is 10% lighter, cheaper to modify, and I really like the stock seats for some reason.

Because they don't really have the 2.4 SRT4 turbo that much over here.

Also, the engine will not fail, so I'll probably have to live forever.

Actually there was one with 80k km on it for 250€, almost pristine condition.
We did get the 2.2 Turbo II too and they still somewhat exist over here.

Also hello fellow BCfag. Where are you located? Looks like somewhere you'd pass through on the way to Alberta

Penticton :^)

hmm.. when you wanna find a 2.4 turbo, let us know and we'll find one. They were quite popular here in the states so it shouldn't be too much of a hardship for one of us to find a cheap one for you, be it from an SRT4 or from a PT Cruiser GT Turbo.

GTS-T? I drive a lexus sc400 man

The "GT Cruiser" was sold here too, but it wasn't all that popular, so AVK ,which is the crashed car organization that parts cars and sells anything good on them, doesn't really have them. Seen AVK have like one rear ended GT Cruiser and they quoted me 5800€ for the engine, tranny, wiring harness and computers

My bad, I thought that all those cars were yours. I was talking about the silver Skyline in the first pic

It will be your best shot at the SRT4's 2.4L Turbo engine, even if slightly detuned. I wish you and your Lebaron the best of luck though. Fantastic cars.

I see how you could think that

Yeah, been giving a 2.4 swap some serious thinking. When this one blows or I have enough money for a complete swap, I'll lock myself in the garage.
Maybe call my old man if he's interested in getting his hands dirty again after all these years.

>what is she?
1979 Chrysler Valiant
>does she have a name?
'the val'
>why is she special?
I always wanted a 70's barge in daily driving condition, not showroom. My dad had a 1970 HG Kingswood that he took us everywhere in and back then they were worth nothing so i grew up alot with them. All the old rental VHS tapes with the heroes driving old shitboxes fast looked awesome. He also had a 1966 Valiant i can remember well. He got sick and had to sell them.

I bought my Val in Year 12 with all the pizza money i had and nobody i knew liked it and they all tell me to sell it but idgaf.I love the looks, power, how easy it is to fix etc. My friends hate it, girls hate it, family thinks it takes up space and its all the same argument, they want me to get a car from within the last 10 years or a japanese car
>til _____ do you part?
death, definitely. I have land, so its worth more to me to park it up then to ever sell it

You, you my brother from another mother. Wanted a Dart, Valiant or Aspen to complement my GTC LeBaron as my winter car, but they're all overpriced over here in the EU.
Everyone whines bout my murrikan shitbox and that I should have bought a honda or a VW instead. Their jokes usually stop when that 1.8 turbocharged Volkswagen with "200hp" gets left behind by a faded to shit Chrysler. Then the excuses begin.

>she

my car is a dude to me

I don't know why, really

>riding a dude
full homo

please post moar pics of your turbo Lebaron?

Sure thing. Don't really have any gud pics as I'm at work right now and all the better pics are on my PC. Got like a hundred or so pics of just the restoration project

>literal knob jockey

Have you ever emailed the guys at FWD Performance? They deal almost exclusively with the Chrysler K-car turbos.
fwdperformance.com/Store/

Actually was running a tuned ecu with Venolia pistons ordered from them on my old "Utusho", my previous black LeBaron that got rear ended.
Thing had a bit over 300 or so hp. Might have some really old dyno papers at home in my folders left over from that thing.

Was enough to sneak up on mustangs on the highway and give them a really good run for their money.

my valiant isn't an american car, its australian

It has the awesome 265 motor which is shit to todays standards but i dont care, i just love coke bottle styling and its amazing performance in e49 spec and its potential

Ooh, so it has the "Hemi 6" instead of the legendary slant 6?
Never really got into them nor know much about them as they weren't really sold over here in the EU, surprisingly.

Wasn't that the car used in the TV series Pizza?

Standard, wreath, or just the name?

The 9000 will most likely stay forever as will the 900. The 9-3 will probably go to make room for something else.

R33 GTR

No real name but i jokingly nickname it "Ree" because the turbos spooling sounds like a screech.

Won't ever part until we die together and is special because while i had driven mates ferraris and shit beforehand, it was the first INSANE car i personally owned.

Also have a supra now, i wanna name it but still undecided, i haven't even begun to mod it.

fat pizza valiant was a VG Valiant coupe, which used a 215 Hemi, 225 Slant, 245 Hemi and LA 318

American's stuck with the 225 which produced around 100hp during the 70's, whilst the 265 Hemi produced 203hp

'01 BMW R1150GS
No
It's my first bike
I'm hoping she will hold out until I have the cash to make a trip around the world. It's not likely I will come home from that.

I own a skyline GTR and FYI, you can turn off the AWD and go 2wd mode.

Shit can be fun. Get the GTR.

>valiebrah thread
ultra comfy

wish I had something nice like that

its a neat car, not showroom but its how i like it

I bet that aircon works too, fuck

Your steering wheel is on the wrong side, cunt

>2008 Rabbit
>No name
>My first car, fully paid off since day 1, I will never get my money back on it from what I put in it, insurance is cheap, and its always been reliable
>And nothing will part me from this car, I will be buried in this car

aircon's great, and the slight green tint on the windows work well too. I put in some Venetian blinds recently too to ward off the sun. Trying to keep cool in it

>1986 MA70 Supra 1uzfe conversion
>no name
>first car i bought and worked on
>not worth selling at this point

pic related: same colour and condition only mine has BBS wheels

This model of wheel, only i polished the lip to more of a mirror finish

Please post moar pics of it when you get home and are at your PC.

1.0 Micra
Mrs Micra
First legal car, funny little thing and has some genuine character to it
Till money do us part

1997 BMW Z3 roadster, such a fun little car to cruise around in.
Totally impracticable... and when something breaks... expensive

>Me in 2047
>Finally sell BMW z3 on Craigslist
>no low ballers, I know what I got
>I'll remember you Veeky Forums

Literally the first thing I thought of when I saw the thumbnail.

Never will I ever get rid of this car.

>1992 Mazda 626
>Rocinante, like Don Quixote's horse
>its quite a special car here in the 3rd niggerworld b/c prev owner swapped the engine for an FEDOHC. Its my first car, I had to work at a CuntCast call center to buy it and its got a tarbo atm.
>'til my imminent suicide later this year do us apart

Never gonna sell is definately a thing.
My father, I think, never sold a car since the late 70's. It helps that we lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere where everything was in a state of disrepair anyway.

Until recently, there was a Manta B, four Peugeot 305s, a series 3 Land Rover and various 1990's diesel shitboxes all rusting away in derelict glory.

Well, if you insist. It's pretty much stock aside for a 3" exhaust I stole from a Dodge Charger.

S2000 with nvidia q300
Its also my daily. Kinda annoying in the city with big traffic.
But it satisfies me too much to ever leave it.

>what is she?
Miata
>does she have a name?
Miata
>why is she special?
This is my Miata. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
>til _____ do you part?
Til I wad it up, then all useful parts will find a new chassis.

What year? my first car was a ranger too, manual 1987. that little fucker was how i learned to drive stick. POS though in hindsight

1970 GTO 455 4speed
Lucille
My fathers most prized possession, now mine
till I die to pass to my son

Did your old man pass on?

>1988 Chrysler Conquest
>only retards name their cars
>special because I did all the work on it, and its hella rare
>till i wrap it around a tree. then i'll buy a new shell, and start over.

Niiice

Where are you located? Also did you go on the Kelowna Car Life cruise last Sunday? Same guy from Penticton btw

>having a brand name embedded in your skin
>being a walking advertisement cuck

Just got home, you?

My 3rd car and current dd is a 2001 ranger. Its in pretty great shape. First car i've truly loved. I plan to keep it long enough to swap an explorer v8 in it if the rust doesnt kill it.

>inb4 you become that retarded boomer with a rusted shell listed for the equivalent of a fully-restored example

That fucking '98 Wrangler in the back. It was bone stock when I bought it over 7 years ago. I've dumped so much money into it over the years it makes me sick to think about. No exaggeration, at least $20k in mods and repairs, probably actually closer to $25k. It's constantly breaking down because I'm so hard on it. It's been sitting in that spot for a couple of months now because the carrier in the Ford 8.8 rear end exploded. Pulled the cover off and had chunks of carrier and spider gears falling out in my hands. I'll probably buy parts and get it running again before winter, but fuck. I will never get rid of it after spending so much on it.

The current state of the differential

My bugeye. Don't know why I love it so much. Still working on the wrx/auto2manual swap right now. Taking the heads and flywheel into the shop today. Going to lap the valves when I get it back before putting it back together. Mostly I've been told I should have just sold her and bought a wrx but that just wouldn't have been the same. I'd never sell her, not that I could with what I've done.

Is it going to be a vq35 destroked to 2.0, with the diff ran upside down to comply with rally regulations?