Settling Budget

End game is building an enough budget for a small patch of land, build a house on it and furnish it, and settle with my future wife.

Meanwhile I'm stuck in a decent survivable paying job and gov paid college until they both will end in about 3 and 1/2 years.
Plan to settle some time after that.

How can I manage to build at least some of that budget during this time table?

Should I invest in something? Online?
Pull the belt on general expenses more? (I don't smoke and I am generaly economic, but should I be even more? Could I cut more expenses from more parts I didn't know?)

I will try to "milk the cow" at my job as well as I can of it's money but it won't be enough.

Help me Veeky Forums

Bumpty-bump

depending on where you live, you cant build a tiny house, it needs to be a certain size to conform to city code

Yea I'm in the same boat, want to safe around 100-200 k to buy a house asap.
My plan is to start a business and then sell it.
Small percentage of actually succeeding tho.
But i like the challenge.

Heck I'd prefer something sturdy and durable for the future, but this isn't the main point.

Can anyone advise how to gather something of a decent sum?
How to make the damn money?

1. Work
2. Don't spend more than you need to

Here's a real shocker for you: it will probably take more than 1 day to save enough for a house.

I'm talking of gathering at least a part of the budget I would need in the timespan of 3 and a half years.

Don't invest. You are not an investor. Just save your money and do well in your job.

Veeky Forums is full of wannabe investor morons that know absolutely nothing. Don't invest. You will lose the money.

I was thinking of that as well, thanks

How much do you make per year?

How much do you think you'll need for a house?

How much can you realistically save in your current position?

Can you pick up another job or get a raise?

Basically what's a quick snapshot of your entire financial situation?

You're a fucking retard.

Tell me how that 1% interest on your savings account is doing for you in 10 years when you're not even matching inflation.

>Just save your money and do well in your job.

lol

the guy has a short-term savings goal and you're talking about investing to beat inflation in 10 years... who's the retard here?

>end game
>building a house
>wife
wew

How much do you make per year?
-About 6700 dollars (inb4 poorfag I live in Eastern Europe)

How much do you think you'll need for a house?
-As much as I can bloody gather.

How much can you realistically save in your current position?
-Until the end of my contract, probably a (shameful) 19k at best (again, eastern European poorfaggish job)

Can you pick up another job or get a raise?
-I'm slowly milking the job for all the raises I can get, but still accounts for very little.
-Can't while at university, I will finish it by the same time I will finish my job contract in 3 and a half years.

Basically what's a quick snapshot of your entire financial situation?
-Financially stable, stable ok job in eastern european terms that also allows me enough time to manage my studies, but far from being enough to gather a significant sum.
I'm thinking to pick up a job somewhere outside the country to suplement my budget when that time comes.

-Also my girl is from the States, middle family, debtless student with a minor income, we want to settle as soon as possible into our own house after we finish our studies (inb4 my LDR comment's, all I'll say is we're solid keepers).

>19k at best

So is this enough to get a house? I wish you had a better answer for the cost instead of just "As much as I can bloody gather." Come on... how can you say you want to save for something but not know how much it costs?

19k is 19.000 , a rough estinate of what we need is probably around 100.000 dollars.

Since we haven't decided yet on the exact comunity/city to settle in, or if we're going to buy a house or pay to have one newly built, I can't make an exact estimate.
Also the property and housing market that will change in 4 years to come, so that rough estimate is all I can come up with for the moment.

Ok, so sounds like you'll just have to rent for a while after you graduate. You'll be fine if you can keep saving, might just have to wait a couple years.

Renting is the anthitesis is working towards a home, money spent on rent is money not going towards the end goal.

No shit... So what are you going to do in the mean time, live on the street?

The point of this thread is to receive some counceling/advice on this matter, not to have people point me the dead ends.

If we won't have the budget I'll be forced to hunt for slave labor with better pay in western Jewrope probably.

>The point of this thread is to receive some counceling/advice on this matter, not to have people point me the dead ends.

Ok asshole I will stop participating then. Good luck figuring it out on your own.

Now that we got rid of this bugger full of nothing can someone help me with some good advice to help me towards this goal?

Military, live with your parents, buy a cheap as fuck starter home (fly-over states only), or rent. Those are the options. If you do rent, make sure to have roommates to split it.

Renting is not wasted money if you do the calculations. I own my condo but still waste 600/month between unused HOA, property taxes, and mortgage interest

I too own a condo and it fucking sucks...the board of directors are straight up retards and my HOA fees are killing me. I'm thinking of living in a van at this point.

"My plan is to start a business and then sell it."

How do you sell a business not worth keeping?

>I own my condo
>mortgage interest

Aside from that contradiction, it's important to clarify that renting is not ALWAYS wasted money, but sometimes it is. If your mortgage payment (P&I) plus taxes plus HOA fees are less combined than the cost to rent an equivalent unit, then renting is a complete waste of your money, because at least part of your home expense if you mortgage is going towards principal that you can eventually get back, whereas that part of the rent just goes to your landlord's bank account.

not the guy you're talking to

>salary : 72k gross, 48k take home (fucking taxes and super)
>how much do you need : avg house price here is between 400-600k
>Realistic saving : 2k/mo -> 24k/yr
>Will this change : likely, the median salary for seniors in software dev is 100k+ but it might be a couple years
>Quick snapshot : 100k depo saved, want to use that to leverage more earnings per year. Expenses won't go above 2k/mo but my earnings may well go above 4k takehome/mo if I knew how to trade properly/which index to buy/what to do

The size you need to be above in most districts to avoid falling to slum regulations is like 12m^2 per primary habitable room with any secondary habitable rooms needing 7m^2.

Basically, unless he wants a 'tinyhouse', he can probably build something that's cozy without any trouble as long as he consults regulations.