Got this last night, 105k miles. My first Panther. Anybody on Veeky Forums have one?

Got this last night, 105k miles. My first Panther. Anybody on Veeky Forums have one?

Congrats. Is it factory black or the middle painted? Bus riders of Veeky Forums are highly combative when it comes to discussing the Panther.

Thanks user. Was middle painted. Actually, the whole thing was painted in single stage black again. Maybe the paint was rough all around. It's an 09. Shame they pulled the push bar up front. :( Apparently it was a CHP car in San Diego. What's your year and mileage?

>buying a car where people have defecated, urinated and vomited

Found the guy who hasn't been to college yet

>quik trip

Where are you in the midwest and how did you end up with a P71 from San Diego?

Mine is a 2007. Retired at 109k,has 128k now. Was a Seattle police car and that's the factory paint. Search Craigslist, ebay or junkyards for push bars if you want one. I was lucky and found a junkyard that gets wrecked sheriff cars and they leave the spotlighs and bars on. The bar is my least favorite but fully removing the brackets takes effort.

I'm in Phoenix,AZ. Apparently they're bringing a lot of these here to AZ because the car market is fucked up here and dealers and wholesalers can't make money buying these from in state to re-sell.

That color is awesome. Post interior pics. I need to find another bar now as the bumper already was cut for it and painted again.

>Anybody on Veeky Forums have one?

You must be new here.

Damn, I didn't realize QT spread all the way to Arizona now.

Got this one for $700.

Not much to show. It was a typical patrol car and Seattle orders almost no options. Nice thing is they use Velcro instead of drilling holes in the dash. Got a bundle of cut wires on the floor but out of the way. Had to put in rear door panels and a great seat. Don't know if stickers on the dash are from the police or maybe someone was planning on making a taxi.

Oh the cruise control steering wheel was off another car. It's not activated still. Supposedly a Ford dealer can activate cruise on 05+ cars if they feel like it.

I know you can on the '08-'11 Focus that are DBW.

2005 was first year for dbw on crown vics

>leaving the pushbar on

kys please

>ITT: Retards who act like undercover cops in their pigfat landboats

>driving around is acting like a cop

Guy at work is selling a retired interceptor. It has 79k miles and a full roll cage. How much should I offer? He's a customer btw. I heard he won't take less than 2k. Pic related but not exact car

Got mine at a state auction. 4600 hours 90k milles. Been 2 years and it's been a prefect beater.

Why would you put a roll cage in a huge car with an auto and shitty suspension?

Maybe talking about the divider cage.

Heres my turd. 05 that was retired (and bought) at 124k. Now at 145k. Car was pretty clean and everything worked fine since i didnt buy it directly at auction, but from a local guy that does and flips them. Itll be getting a rear axle rebuild next week. Been a good car, even if it takes a bit of work.

Looks stupid in picture because it was mid-tire rotation

No its a full on roll cage. It was bought from a police auction so it's unlikely to be a movie stunt car...maybe a trainee car?

How much is a manual swap in a panther anyway?

Having the pushbar is fucking awesome. Here in Phoenix there are shit-tons of illegals who drive around with no fucking insurance and crash into you. Half the fucking cars here have some sort of damage history and a good third of the cars you find on Craigslist are salvage titles. Having a push bar (especially if it's already been modified and cut up for it) is a huge fucking advantage in a place like this.

OP here, I've had my sights set on one of these for a beater/project for a while now. I wanted something comfy-spec, easy to drive, and something that was cheap, easy to work on and I could put guns and take to go out in the desert. This was the thing that fit all that criteria. I considered a Cherokee but they go for ridiculous money now.

The only thing that sucks is I'm finding lots of hastily cut wires and bullshit when they pulled out all of the law enforcement related lights and equipment, and it's going to take me fiddling with it for the next few weeks to get it sorted out the way I want it.

>Found the guy who hasn't been to college yet
Community college doesn't count

Might be a police academy car.

Though it's common most shops would consider it "new territory" and charge an arm and a leg. Doing it yourself it's the cost of a transmission, pedals, metal cutting saw and a tune to make thr car forget the automatic.

Driving around doesn't make you look like a cop. Putting on/not taking off pushbars, pillar lights, dark tint and steelies is what makes you and your shitheaps look cop-like. You do it on purpose so you can feel "cool" about buying a car the dates back to 1973

Asking as a europoor, isn't it dangerous to drive with these cars? Isn't it more likely for niggers to shoot at you?

No lol.