How expensive would it be to create muscle car with AWD like hoonicorn...

how expensive would it be to create muscle car with AWD like hoonicorn? i like look of muscle cars but honestly RWD cars aint worth shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

sadev-tm.com/en/gearboxes-and-differentials/4wdl/?pid=108
mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/mmfp-1203-roush-yates-nascar-v8-crate-engine/
autosportdynamics.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

more than you can afford...
pal

atlas transfercases cost your soul.

if you can find a cheap old wrangler TC youre still going to have to buy a diff for the front, a drive and two axle shafts and nake mounting hardware for all of this. and seeing that you're posting on a shanghai shadow puppet board i doubt you can afford the mods.

just buy an old audi S4 and tune/mod it
looking at 50k max for a 500hp+ S4 B5

it wont cost that much to do, probably $12k in mods if you use an old whangler tc and a dana 30 for the front end.

buy old awd v8. you won m8.
charger is an awd muscle car.

And it won't turn worth a shit and have the ground clearance of an xj

sadev-tm.com/en/gearboxes-and-differentials/4wdl/?pid=108
mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/mmfp-1203-roush-yates-nascar-v8-crate-engine/
autosportdynamics.com/

the amount of work far exceeds the cost. you'll need a different subframe.. you'll need to modify the frame to fit the new subframe. you'll need a TC with the right splines for your trans. you'll have to shorten your rear driveshaft and custom a front one. new strut mounting points. on and on.

also
>RWD cars aint worth shit.
>awd so good xd
okay 15 year old

solid front axle would be fucking gay
>dana 30
into the trash

The only AWD V8 Chargers are 2006. Hardly old.

>2006.
*2006+

>he likes awd over rwd
>he must be 15
Can't really argue with your logic there user. Completely sound reasoning.

teenagers with no experience are the only ones dumb enough to believe the awd meme
thats why its so prevalent here

Fitting awd drivetrain into an rwd muscle car would require a lot of fab work for sure. You'd have to slice up the frame to make room for the transfer case and front axels, use custom hubs and knuckles, custom steering setup, custom engine and trans mounts ect... Would likely be easier and cheaper to build a kit car at that point

>falling for the gymkhana meme
>being older than 15

Pick one

>solid front rear axle
no

why do you all assume it should or has to be solid front axle. thats retarded.

its a tube frame
would be pointless to use any part of a donor car

Never said it would be...
I'm using the term axels loosely, I should have said halfshafts

would be easier to put a glass fiber mustang body on a tube chassis

1. Pretty fuckin' expensive
2. Learn to drive

You can get a muscle car to handle with rwd way easier than trying to make one awd. All you need is a high powered small block, decent suspension and corner balancing with nice tires.

Hmmmm about three fiddy

You could just buy a Magnum R/T AWD and tune the bejesus out of it.

>completely sound reasoning
If he is wrong about anything, he may be off a few years. Probably closer to 12 considering OPs automotive knowledge probably comes from vidya.

I just saw an old UR-S4/S6 for sale looked great on the outside, said had 0 rust, 0 mods, has AWD a manual rear locking differential, 220hp stock and was going for 3.5k OBO. Potential for modding is skyhigh with the 2.2L 20V

could be done for 10k imo if you can fab your own shit

I have a suggestion. There are variants of the chevy 5.3 LS engine (lm7 I think) found in trailblazers that has the front diff mount to the side of the engine one of the axle shafts goes through the oil pan. This allows for the engine to be at the proper height for a muscle car, because ifs truck axles that go underneath the engine would make it way to tall. If you saw the MCM series on the "double unicorn" build with the vk nissan v8 and how the front drive system is, it is almost exactly like that for the trailblazer 5.3 v8. The 5.3 is a very common swap for old muscle cars and it would be one of the best options, in my opinion.

Aussie Holden Adventra V8 has the same thing for the LS engine.

well I assumed it is used in other vehicles, especially outside the US, the trailblazer is probably the most common example I could think of. Now the real challenge is sourcing an awd transfercase, not a 4wd transfer case, since they won't have a center differential. AWD astro/safari vans have one that will bolt on to the newer transmissions that are commonly found with said 5.3s, because they are bolted to a 4l60/700r4, and the ones on the 5.3 are 4l60e(almost entirely identical, but with electronic control). Other than that one, I don't know of many other awd transfercases that are easy to find.

>i don't know shit about cars or fabrication
>i think that RWD is shit because i'm a tranverse engine based AWD dumb fuck
>i just got my learner's permit a month ago

OP is a fag, but why does Veeky Forums hate awd?