Range Rover

Can Veeky Forums educate me on these cars? Will need new vehicle in a year from now and I'm thinking about maybe getting a used Land Rover or Range Rover

Is 2006-2008 a good year for these cars? I've always liked them and finally have enough money to get a used one, but obviously, don't know if it's smart to considering foreign cars seems to have a poor rep. every time they venture over 80k

What does Veeky Forums think?

06 is the first year where they moved away from BMW parts. Jag/Land Rovwr engine, new electromics, etc. It is going to be more reliable than the BMW made Ranges but not by much. It would have been worth it to get it from Carmax when the warranties were 2-3k, but now they raised it to 6k. I would pass on the Range.

Decent ones are going for mid 20s. I'd consider a 2010 Lexus GX460.

Everything seems to indicate that they're money pits.

Seconding Lexus if you want a luxury car with minimal maintenance worries.

Ah, thanks. What about the Land? Doesn't have to be very fancy, even the simple, base model will do for me.

Yeah, that seems to be the reputation they have. I only average about 7-10k miles a year although, that may not matter

Buy from Carmax and get the extended warranty unless you're made of money or can diy.

Land Rovers have problems as well. They are just built with sub-par materials. Just get a GX

Sucks, man I was really liking the LR2 or 3 models.

They'll break. That's the one constant with anything Land Rover.

Luxurious and capable, but they break.

Range Rovers are shit plain and simple. You can lease one but do not buy one unless you want headaches after headaches. For about 20k less you can get this in AWD lifted and 22in rims for only 55k. I own one and fucking love it.

Every time I see used RRs they always suffer from the saggy ass syndrome.

lol, you're literally comparing a toyota to an incredibly competent SUV with the luxury of a RR.
Can you please get out of Veeky Forums?

>luxury of a RR

What exactly are you on about m8?

Luxury of a Rolls Royce.

>range rovers have the lucury of a rolls royce

why is this tripcuck so retarded?

Dunno about RR but discos of that era were a bit dodgy.

lol, have you ever sit on a new one?
If not, just go read/watch some reviews.

>They'll break. That's the one constant with anything Land Rover.

Not entirely true. The TD5 models were solid but now feel like tractors in comparison, as were the 4s (70k of heavy towing on ours and no problems at all). 3rd gen is what you want to avoid, which is the years OP is looking at.

>rolls royces have swings instead of proper seats

What's a good year to look at?

>a fucking sit with a swing for a fucking picnic near a fucking lake
Not luxurious at all my man.

That was good bait, senpai. I definitely need to step up my game.

If you want an upmarket suv from that manufacturer, look at gen 4 discoverys and range rovers. Basically 2010 onwards.

Before that you have to go back to the early 00s and it's a lot more agricultural. The change btw has pissed off many people, it's a car maker for arabs not farmers and rural people now.

Thanks a lot! It's something I'll need to execute in May of 2017, but figured planning ahead wouldn't hurt me.

I like the early 00 designs, but will shop around 2010s

are you fat or something?

Our's (family business) is a Discovery 4 that we got as an ex-demonstrator with like 2000 miles on it (like pic related).

It's spent most of it's life towing 3000+ kg of plant equipment and driving through fields for my dads shooting club. It's needed tyres, brakes and a replacement tow hitch because the basic light duty one that was fitted was a bit shit. Nothing else to speak of, it's solid and surprisingly nippy, you can embarrass many a shitbox with it.

Can't say about Range Rovers, but they share a lot of parts so it's going to be about there but with more luxury.

Alphonse has good animeme taste

>Land Rover or Range Rover

First things first. A Range Rover is a Land Rover.
Just like an Accord is a Honda.

Why do people keep confusing this?

Any who... avoid 06 all together since they still have the crappy BMW interior where everything peels off and the shit nav screen.

07 introduced updated interior thats much nicer and has a new Jag nav headunit thats miles ahead of the old one.

Air suspension craps out on all models but mostly just the fronts as I've yet to see rears go. Cooling system is crap as well. Tires for the 19inch wheels are expensive so it would be wise to go with 18's or 20's if you can handle the reduced ride quality and usability.

Windshields are heated so replacements are gonna cost more than normal.

Also random unexplained electrical issues like parking sensors acting up.

I don't know much about the other models but I imagine an LR3/4 would have similar problems to the 07 up Range Rovers, just avoid the LR2/Freelanders all together.

Thanks.

thats right

if you had money you would take a ride on your yatch, not on the fucking tailgate

I work in a shop.

They self destruct when the warranty expires.

Worst electronics in any vehicle.

>not spending thousands on a range rover to impress your pleb friends with

You are wrong.

Land Rover may be the brand.

Land Rovers may be a model.

And Range Rovers are another model from Land Rover.

Therefore the question in between Land or Range Rover is valid.

No,

Land Rover Range Rover
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
Land Rover Discovery 4
Land Rover Discovery Sport

Stop being wrong and confused.

My dad has a range rover hse 2012. I don't remember the exact year he bought it but it was the last year before the new model came out. He firmly believes that the last year of a certain model is the best one, because the engineers ironed out all the gremlins and shit.
It's a pretty okay 4x4. I drive it when I'm not driving my car. Drives like a car, except for the tractor steering. It's not as truckish as a 150 or 200. Feels very light on it's feet. Mileage isn't that bad for a big car.
What I hate about it: the disgusting hockey pucks, air suspension which cost a small fortune to change after it shit itself, plastic bullshit interior and exterior.
If you wanna go range rover go new. There's a reason why these cars depreciate fast.

>British engineering
Garbage