Veeky Forums, what do?

Veeky Forums, what do?

>car seized up on the way to school
>had it towed to a shop
>shop says it will run me about $7k to fix the car cuz the piston basically dropped a rod and blew up
>new engine will run me $6k to replace
>have $2700 left on loan

>2002 Jeep Liberty

What do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-Pickup-1500-Jeep-Liberty-2002-3-7L-74K-MILE-ENGINE-/301940798679?fits=Make:Jeep|Model:Liberty&hash=item464d12f4d7:g:rV0AAOSw-vlVlq~F&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>left on loan
kill your self

get a new engine on ebay, pay a shop fair labor to just swap it.

$2k max

>184k miles btw

>loan
>2002
oboy

what engine?

Didn't buy it new, I bought it two years ago.

When it was ten years old. With a loan.

3.6l v6

>Financing a used car
Just kys desu

> Financing a 14 year old car
You asked for it when you financed it. Was it from a buy here/pay here place?

>bought an old piece of shit with a loan

kek

3.7 you mean?

anyway, here is the lowest price one I could find.
ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-Pickup-1500-Jeep-Liberty-2002-3-7L-74K-MILE-ENGINE-/301940798679?fits=Make:Jeep|Model:Liberty&hash=item464d12f4d7:g:rV0AAOSw-vlVlq~F&vxp=mtr

Just swap over accessories.

Find a shop that is willing to work with this, and not charge your an insane rate. Or do it yourself.

No, I went through my bank and an off post dealership

Not even really wanting to keep the car, I need to get a personal loan to get out of this mess cuz I'm a broke college student. Looking for an exit strategy more than anything

sell it as is.

>2002 Liberty
>180k
>owe $2500
>after paying for 2 years
Assuming you didn't put most of those miles on it since you bought it, you bought it from a shady lot that financed you themselves. Take the car back to then and explain what happened they will probably give let you "trade it in" for them to engine swap and trap some other idiot with and set you up with a different car to start the cycle all over again.

>I went through my bank and an off post dealership
Holy shit that dealership got a sweet payoff did you even haggle? Lol. Anyway since you've been responsible with your payments for 2 years the bank will probably give you a small loan to buy a civic and shut up

Not worth fixing
My engine blew up on the way to school two weeks ago
The difference is I have a Miata that has so much money in it already

>Get a personal loan
>Pay the car off
>Put it up on craigslist as is for like a grand.
>Put that money right back into the loan.
>Ride the bus to school.

>6k
>for a 3.7

Need to get to work too....

well you're fucked.

sell the car as is for as much as you can. pay off the car loan as much as you can

buy a scooter
bike to work
bus to work
buy a $500 beater

>he still doesn't see the problem

>Chrysler build quality
>Expecting it to last

Just buy a Civic and shut up

>what could go wrong?

Had the exact same kind of thing come into my shop. Woman financed a 10yo car for way more than it was worth and didnt check the engine oil (or the aftermarket oil pressure gauge) and spun a bearing 6 months after she bought it. She had to get another loan to pay for the engine. She came back in a year later saying it the engine was making a noise on accel, topped up 4qt of oil and the noise went away.
TL;DR OP is a fucking idiot

Also a miata engine swap is cheap and easy.

part-it-out and go finance another shitheap

>had to take out a loan on an 02 Cherokee

what the fuck

Pay off the loan and get a new car

so you're a student huh? still in school?

The following is an absolutely pants on head retarded way of getting a newish car, but my guess is that since you financed 10 year old car and are still making payments on a 6k loan you meh to shit level credit anyway:

Ready for the stupidity?

Take out a private student loan and borrow extra for "living expenses", then use the extra to pay for the car.

This will work, but its a fucking bad idea.

Try to get $2,700 for the car with the blown engine. Pay off the loan, then buy something that isn't a Chrysler

>end yourself

He's military most likely. He's also the reason Jr. Enlisted receive multiple briefings about personal finance and are supposed inform their chain of command when they buy a car.

He said he was a student. Op go to your school's car club and have them look it over and tell them you need to learn how to swap an engine. One of them should have tools/live at home with a dad with fools and can help. Pay them with beers. Earn frends.

>Looking for an exit strategy more than anything
Looks like an exit bag is in your future ;^)

That's about 1000 too high

same with this jeep

More like $2,500 too high. A 13 yo Liberty with a blown engine is scrap territory, bro.

How the fuck did you end up in that financial situation, so that you still owe money on a 14 year old shit box with nearly 200K? Dude, that's fucking cash car tertitory.

How in the fuck do you have the actual value of the car left as a loan. And youve been making payments for two years? You got jewd hard dude

It's about 2700 too high

Loan on a fucking jeep!! You deserse it stupid cunt lmao

>off post dealership
You dun goofed. There's a reason you went through all those "buying a car" briefs coming back from deployment. I had 0 credit when I financed a car and got what I felt like was a pretty good deal, because I realized that the information in those briefs is probably better than what I knew as a 20 year old dipshit.
>went to a buy here pay here next to base
>didn't finance through his bank or credit union
>didnt even get a fucking Wrangler
Have fun moving back into the barracks because you're a scumbag who can't be trusted living out in town

>didn't finance through his bank or credit union
Great! The repo won't appear on his credit report.