Rotas are used by legit race teams and sponsored by race teams

>Rotas are used by legit race teams and sponsored by race teams
>Rotas now have companies knocking off the Rota name
>Rota is one of the only companies that makes good looking wheels that are light and affordable

There's absolutely no reason to not use Rotas.
The only people who've damaged rims are the idiots who complain that they can't take the brunt force of a huge pothole.

I don't have Rotas for the same reason I don't have a fake watch. It might tell the time perfectly fine but I'd like to have the real thing, just like I'd like to have real SSRs.

i have no complaints, bought a set of slips for my first car and had no trouble selling them after a couple yrs since they are popular

theres certain replicas that rota made that are just as rare as the real thing

>SSR

Yeah nah, maybe if you said Enkei or Advan. SSRS are heavier than the rest.

if "art and science" mean "reverse-engineering and making existing products cheaper" then I'm all for it. Good wheels are retarded expensive and if Rota can actually make things that hold up under the extreme conditions their competitors design their wheels for, I'm happy to spend my money with them.

Until then, they suck.

>extreme conditions

Pro-tip: all wheels get damaged in the exact same conditions.

I would much prefer a wheel that bends with impact than one that shatters. Especially on the track

because they are higher quality

they're show wheels, they're not any higher quality than any other forged wheel

>Good wheels are retarded expensive

Agreed.

I personally like TE37's (like everyone else). But im not gonna pay 3-4k for a set of fucking rims. Fuck that.

I do use Rota's, they're awesome

yiff in hell furfaggot

:3

Does that balancer even work? Thinking of buying one and putting tires on myself

I can understand if you want volks and SSRs for HPDE, but to spend 3-4k on wheels for your daily shit box is retarded

I see them everywhere and I don't know anyone who had a set break. My dad bought a used set of Rota Grids that he got from a friend; he used it for like three years, then sold it to another friend who used it for a year... sold it to someone else, and I still see it in use. I think their bad reputation is bullshit. Yeah, it's pretty shitty that they rip-off designs, so obviously they don't deserve credit for it. Rotas may have been complete garbage when they were fresh, and that's probably why they're still not viewed so highly. But then again, the people who usually bitch about knockoff wheels are stuck-up JDM elitist faggots. The only real downside to Rotas is that most of their wheels are heavy as fuck. I've always wanted a set of Watanabes, but I'm not going to shell out $2k for a set and stick it on my DD. Much rather buy a knockoff set for $700 (like I'm planning to do soon). The funny thing is, Rota's 15x8 RKR wheel is a pound lighter than genuine RS Watanabe F8 wheel in the same spec - Wat's their alloy version, anyway. Of course magnesium Wats are way lighter (and even more expensive) but I'd rather not have my car burst into flames with one wrong move. I wish Konig didn't cuckup the 4x100 Rewind design with a high offset and retarded spoke design. Their wheels are pretty light and still cheap as fuck, it's such a shame. Sometimes I think about just buying a set of 4x114.3 Rewinds that look much more closer to Wats and run an adatper, but then I won't be able to run a wider tire. You can complain that the manufacturers are losing money by knockoffs, but I doubt most of the people who've bought said knockoffs would spend the money the manufacturers of the original designs ask - like I said, I'm not going to shell out $2k for a set of wheels. Maybe if I were rich as fuck, but I'm not. And it's their fault that they don't better distribute their product overseas and/or provide a cheaper variant for people who just want it on their DD.

Get some real wheels

>I'd rather not have my car burst into flames with one wrong move.
why bother making a wall of text if nobody is going to take you seriously

I got u senpai
Nothing wrong with rotas tho

Hell yes beautiful. I agree though just joking, went through plenty of reps before I got these works. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. Never had a set of rotas tho
......roast me

9.11/10 would do sick mods with

>A TON of wheels they make only come in 15 inches or smaller
>Even more is in 4 lug

Until they support sizes for bigger cars than an EK hatch or a Miata they will always be SHIT

Some professional race teams are also involved with the drug trade and other degenerate acts.

What's your point?

Also what is enkei?

When people defend rotas and say things like

>Race cars use them
>They are cheap
>All wheels break

>I don't like building quality cars because I am retarded and have no pride in my work.

If you want to do pretend stuff to cars you can just play video games.

There is no need to spend 800 dollars on a set of wheels to play pretend.

>anal prolapse tire

Yeah an Ariel Atom is such shit quality compared to the Great Wall Voleex, it all makes sense now!

>cast iron > carbon fibre
Idk tho, rust is pretty shit

Do you have any idea how shill you were going?

Sell those wheels and buy a maid, Also explain these. I'll wait

lol ur the hacked up sc that was trying to call the very few that are less fortunate than you poorfags in the stance thread? I bet you rent and it's not even a single family home. get a vape pen to complete your transition to the opposite gender fgt

This is probably as good a thread as any other to ask this, but what's the deal with these white wheels that are always on rally cars?

This is something that I've tried to google before but all the results I get are stores.

I believe those are OZ Superturismo WRCs

Not my garage

Idk what you're talking about lol everyone called me poorfag for my car but yeah I'm 18 duh I rent, how would I buy a house boi

Theyre made from recycled Coke cans..just sayin...