/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Return of Layton Sorta Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /ptg/ moved to >Important News
「!」Pokemon GO Plus Delayed: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/758194900466671616
「!」Lady Layton announced by Level-5: youtube.com/watch?v=jRDu2PUNoDo
「!」Live-action Pokemon movie confirmed: deadline.com/2016/07/pokemon-movie-live-action-detective-pikachu-legendary-1201789645/
「!」Animal Crossing New Leaf to receive major amiibo support update in Fall: nintendoeverything.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf-free-update-coming-this-fall-adds-more-amiibo-compatibility-and-splatoon-content/
「!」Even MORE New Pokemon revealed!: youtube.com/watch?v=vKosBJ1Uko0
「!」NES Classic Edition announced: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-announces-nintendo-entertainment-system-nes-classic-edition-out-in-november/
「!」Darkrai revealed for Pokken Tournament arcade version: nintendoeverything.com/darkrai-revealed-for-pokken-tournament/
「!」Color Splash's story may make you cry: mynintendonews.com/2016/07/07/nintendo-says-that-paper-mario-color-splashs-story-may-make-you-cry/
「!」Miyamoto gives update on Pikmin 4 and shifting priorities: nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-gives-update-on-pikmin-4-shifting-priorities/

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/kWcEsa7r
Wii U - pastebin.com/KrHcudEP

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/amiibo-igcc-9.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/the-snack-world-confirmed-for-the-west/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Destructoid writer got butthurt and made an article about the new Layton game being called "Lady" Layton.

Could a Monster Hunter game without zone based loading screens work?

I feel like people could argue that each area separated by a loading screen makes it more challenging to track monsters transitioning to different areas or something.

I actually prefer the segmented areas.

Why?

Who doesn't like loading screens?

idk it just seems weird that an action game would have so many that break up the pace, when you think about it

It's just bad design. It basically says Capcom hasn't taken the time to actually work on the game on an open world level.

You're basically just loading into new rooms every 20 steps. Cmon.

Also Level 5 is shit.

why is Level 5 shit Gor?

I enjoyed Attack of the Friday Monsters.

>Level 5 is shit
Ues but their non-RPG games are good.

The eShop games they put out with all the different creators is the best thing they did. Now everything is more rehashing and children's merchandising with toys and anime.

Yokai watch made then so much money in Japan that they're basically attempting a Sonic Boom/Pac-Meme level of branding.

Yeah but Yokai Watch was great too.

>RPG
>good
pick one

Icycalm said the only bad RPGs are JRPGs

WRPGs are even worse.

WRPGs actually resemble table top RPGs though

Not modern ones, they are all shallow action games with customisation.

yeah but JRPGs are just corridor exploration games

Well yeah that's why they are usually awful, but most of them have some sort of dungeon exploration factor at least.

i don't understand how you can hate RPGs but like Pokemon

You don't know who I am??????????????

Anyone have the newest 3ds recommended games image?

Where do I even go to find it anyways?

Here, I guess I can update it with Level-5 stuff now.

alright bros I need some help in ZTD
obvious spoilers below

I just got the "Real Zero" ending and the ending where Q shoots Delta in the 3-way standoff, but now I'm stuck. The only section of the flowchart I haven't played is the part after D-Team doesn't press the yellow button, but that only brings me back to the Team Select screen. Where the frick am I supposed to go?

How did you get to that point? What Endings do you have? If by Real Zero you meant Q-END2, then you should have got everything else already.

what the fuck
I have everything but the last ending on the list. Did I fuck up by telling Eric that Zero's real name is Delta? Just before I did this, Zero told Akane and Junpei that he was born in the shelter with his sister and transported back in time. So I made the obvious connection that he's Delta.
And like I said, I don't have anything after the scene where D-Team doesn't press the button. I'm really not sure where else I would have fucked up.

I'll go check the flowchart wait a minute

Still haven't played it. Once I kill off some back log I'll try it.

Did you watch all the executions? That's a fragment you unlock that in the preview has Zero and that kid

Yeah, and I've already gotten both endings from Into Virtual Space.

Then what's stopping you from going for the Force Quit Box segments? You should have all the answers now.

I don't think he's gone through Carlos' Bizarre Adventure (tm) yet.

But he already has C-END1 and Q-END2

Does anyone get problems connecting to Blastball?

I think nobody is playing so I keep getting a connection error.

When I downloaded it disconnected a few times.

why am I not surprised.
Here we have a nice female main character replacing the classic male lead, and fans of the series aren't even mad about it, but games journalists still find a way to make it sexist.

>It's a "someone joins a game of Blastball and never picks a team" episode

okay I'm just a fucking idiot who forgot to check them. for whatever reason I could only see that they were unfinished through the team select, and not the flow chart

As it is right now there's no real coherent layout to the zones. They don't really connect in any meaningful way, and having one large map with no loading zones would limit what they can do with each area's design

see You can also just throw a paintball at a monster at the start of a hunt, then it'll show up on the map and tracking it is simple.

Rec me some good 3DS games for a 14 hour plane ride.

You should be able to finish Kid Icarus in that time.

Ace Attorney trilogy

I farted and your dick became gay

Isn't that game known for giving massive hand cramps?
I might have to check those out. I've never played any of them before.

AA games are like 20 hour each and get longer each game, with the exception of 1 that is longer than 2 and 3.
If you don't know how to hold your 3DS or you are a retard it may give oyu hand cramps.

How does Layton have all these kids?
Who's the mother?

I was talking about Kid Icarus.

so are any of these Mario & Luigi 3ds games good?

I know people say the whole series is trash or whatever and are buttblasted about paper mario but i havent played a game from either franchise.

Me too in the second sentence.

ZTD
So is there anything else after Delta tosses the gun to Carlos? It seems pretty shitty to have ended it right there of all places.

I've only played Dream Team, and it was pretty bad. If you want to get into M&L, play the earlier games. Bowser's Inside Story and Superstar Saga were pretty good IIRC.

Oops.

Ues that's the end, check the files though. And the game has a lot of flaws regarding the end but that last scene is amazing.

guess what

what

chicken butt hahahahahahaha

>it's a "someone joins a team but just stands idle during the whole match" episode

>it's a "opposing team are competent JP players" episode

op

Did Blast Ball win over any skeptics from when Federation Force was announced?

Seems to be taking off decently.

picardía of the thread

This is an English imageboard please call it picardy.

I need a cool Nintendo related background

Well I found some cool pixelshit.

how did professor layton spawn this piece of shit

that's literally the guy from that one shitty anime fuck off

>shitty
fuck off??????

Fly me to the moon

>It's a "I shoot the ball but it comes towards me" series

>it's an "unfunny /tv/ meme" arc

Let me play among the stars

Is the new Monster Hunter game worth getting into?

I dug a decent bit into MH4U (past G rank) however I heard that this was pretty much a rehash but not as good.

Try the demo.

Asllso, I can't stop playing splatoon

Hey, I just looked at the price of old 3ds and it's surprisingly cheap. I'm thinking about buying it. I have never played much nintendo games and the games in the recommended chart doesn't really appeal to me on first look. Is the 3ds really worth it if I don't buy it just because of a game I really want to play? Second, I heard somewhere about pirating - is it still possible? The games are fucking expensive (like the whole fire awakening series cost like 2/3 price of the console).

Fuck off

depends on the firmware the 3ds is on, certain ones support hacking for free games others don't

Bye

Later

From?

Now that the game is left to die you play it?

i want lady layton now fuck

Nintendo roks

I agree

Rokd, in the 90s.
>2016 its dogshit.
>2018 it will be nothing more than a mobile app dev
>2020 Nintendo will "rerelease" a emulationstation of news/SNES/n64 and make billions
>2025 Nintendo will "rerelease" a emulationstation of the gamecube/Wii/wiiu and lose all their money
>2040 rip Nintendo

Isnintendodoomed.com

nintendoeverything.com/the-snack-world-confirmed-for-the-west/

i heard gor is a sissy boy

eternally gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay llol

nintyg is truly eternal

did you like this variation? or did you prefer the original?

[I liked the old style]
[I love this new one]
[It matters not]

b

I like both but you may get banned for that one.

I'm not asking what the gameplay is like, I already know how Monster Hunter plays, I'm asking if the new Monster Hunter is a substantial experience compared to the last one.

b... myself?

>watching Osmosis Jones
>Pikachu for some reason

A+

>tfw playing Shinobi 3DS on Very Hard

I believed this whole time Pikachu had black shades in his tail.

Two years ago I posted on /3dsg/ a picture of my then recently bought SF64 3D and Luigi's Mansion 2. Today I could finally sell LM2 after I finished over a year ago.