/ovg/ - Wonderful Edition

Welcome to Auto Video Games General. The place to discuss racing games on Veeky Forums!

Previous thread Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/m1uuv3.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb#Auto_racing_curbs
nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=42284
youtu.be/7fkQ4BxTw5U
twitter.com/Genki_official/status/590342085904969728
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for everyone has admin

at what time is the Super GT race ?

1st truck

whiplash series when

>asking me for advice
Woah, but real talk I brake late there down shift to 3rd should be in 5th before you brake then you want to hit the apex and you should be able to just gun it from there if you enter it right

>tfw this game got shitload of mods fixing every bad point of game except vehicle handling itself

such a potential, so wasted

my first car
its a soulless econobox with a 0-60 time of 17 seconds made to suck out every drop of driving passion out of the unfortununate ones to drive it

Mumble: A state in decline.

10/10 would sell in the south american market

but wait, there is more!

managed to squeeze out a bit more power out of the base engine and reduced the 0-60 time to about 15 seconds.

some say there is a coupe coming soon as well!

>mumble is trying to dox the most alpha looking guy on ovg

and here it is.

0430 GMT afaik

whiplash anyone?

>implying Marko "Wife's son" De Rossi is alpha

a new family of of lower middleclass cars of soullessness ready to ruin lifes of entire families

automation tournament when

Totally up for that

All the way down to 3? Huh. I brake at about 60m into 4th, then try and muscle my way to the apex without power understeering off onto the runoff. My gearing might be different from yours though.

>tfw get R33 V-spec GTR pretty much perfect for hot version
>Grounded Fin will be ecstatic
>Go to fix setup.ini now that I have the alignment and wheel rates set correct
>Load into game to test it
>everything is royally fucked
And this is where I quit for the night.

Okay doods. Tentative planning for a DW12 series in rF2 in about two weeks time. Here's a tentative schedule:

Interlagos
Eagle Creek (Kentucky)
Sebring
Magnificent Park (maybe?)
Apple Valley (Fontana)
Road America
Palm Springs (Homestead)
Laguna Seca

BONUS:
Indianapolis

No driver restrictions or custom mods this time around. If you want to run a custom skin, just make it on a stock content car and join like that.

I welcome input and criticism.

wait until a popular saturday series picks up steam and run it on the sunday

god fucking damn it this car is pure sex

This is running on Sunday.

Cool idea man, glad youl be bringing open wheel sundays back!

but we already have a Saturday series

>are you me?
That's the exact thought I have, and I pisses me off because the bad handling just ruins so much about this otherwise excellent game. And there's just no other comparable game

>kickstarter for sequel
>looks awesome
>doesn't get through
>game is now probably ded
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, guess we gotta wait for My Summer Car to finish in a million years and then wait even longer until that game has lots of car and engine mods.

When are the races starting and how long they will be?

sweet, we would buy it as a GT version for only double the price! nevermind it doesnt have airbags

No bully pls

files.catbox.moe/m1uuv3.webm

FUCKING KEK

maximum upboats

amazing

This is 10/10

now this is shit posting

What about touge 2?

Can anybody tell me what the red/white strips on the side of the road are for?

This is shift? Holy shit, are you using any mods?

>This is shift?
Shift 2 Unleashed.
No patches, no mods.
Car is stock as well.
It's also a normal race, not a drift gamemode.
Want more webms?

What vidya is this?

>this guy again

no

k

my favorite part was when he said fuck off barney

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb#Auto_racing_curbs

If you like sliding in that game, why don't you just install the polish tyre model? It makes the handling more fleshed out and fun.

Possible, I did not mess with the gear box when I practiced.

>going into the grass
wew lad
you'd probably spin out in a real sim

all his stupid shitty webms are the same dumb shit

Thanks

> It makes the handling more fleshed out and fun.
How though? Point is I am a casual, so I work with what I have, I can't say I am bothered by the original settings because I lack the experience of knowing how a S2000 handles in real life.
So for the hassle of adding mods, what do I get?

You can spin out plenty in this game though. Just because I happen to post a webm where all 4 tires skid on the grass doesn't mean that the car is that stable in other conditions.

Hey man, I get it you are mad and all, but why not post some nice webms of drifts yourself then?
You seem to act like mine are shit, so clearly you would have an easy time posting something of higher quality, which by me is great, since I would like to see some quality drifts.

you got triggered my friend.
There is no need to be upset.

the ptm makes the car drive more like normal car, and not stick unnaturally to the road, like how the did in that ae86 webm you posted a couple of times. Just try it, and if you find it too hard, adapt, and maybe tune the suspension a bit, add steering lock, grippier tyres etc.

What is the game that has the BEST and i mean THE BEST sense of speed?

rFactor Pro

ATS

I've had the best sense of speed with Richard Burns Rally. Eventhough you aren't going fast, the narrow stages and rather difficult physics in combination with the cockpit view gives an amazing sense of speed.
I haven't tried Dirt Rally, so I don't know how that is

>inb4 rally game autists coming

Yes, I've played both Rally2k and Xpand Rally Xtreme, and both of them didn't have anywhere near the sense of speed of RBR

Isn't "sense of speed" mostly about having three monitors and therefore super wide angle?

R33 GTR IS PRETTY MUCH DONE
webms soon™

but RBR gives a shit sense of speed - *especially* in driver view
often what feels like driving too slow actually is an incoming imminent crash

AC

brap

thread lacks soullessness

rfactor ?

>sense of speed
>cant see anything but interior
>arms and legs look ridiculously long af

Cornetto Corsa.

whats /ovg/s opinion on forza apex?

But we've already chased valrys out

Why not run it on a saturday?

:(

Well it doesn't feature any multiplayer mode. At least it's free.
I guess it really is just a "preview" of what will come to PC with Forza 7

>ptm makes the car drive more like normal car, and not stick unnaturally to the road
So real cars have less grip than in the game.
, so it will make drifting easier?
> like how the did in that ae86 webm you posted a couple of times
What about the S2000 clips where I have a pretty easy time in making the car lose traction?

>Just try it, and if you find it too hard, adapt, and maybe tune the suspension a bit, add steering lock, grippier tyres etc.
I don't think it would be too hard for me to adapt, my main concern is if all the fiddling is worth it.
Also I notice the mod says that it's for steering wheels with 900, 270 deg rotation wheels and gamepad. I have only 180 deg wheel, will this cause issues?
And just as I try to get the mod from their site, I get pic related.
Anybody got a working link for PTMu 1.79 mod for Shift 2? ?

nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=42284

www.nogripracing.com/files/get/42284/PTMu+v1_79+by+brrupsz.7z

So with a little touches to my set up I got this. It's fucking possible to be fast in this car compared to how I can get 1:46s with every non Merc car with little effort. But god damn did it take a lot to muscle the SLS around for that time

For those of you who don't have a wheel yet

youtu.be/7fkQ4BxTw5U

>Post YFW genki racing project reformed and is considering another TXR

>mfw until source is posted

So i've finally got around to resize my The Crew Screenshots from 4k to something smaller than 4MB. Loss of Quality, but i'm gonna dump em here anyway.

My Tag on Uplay is DerDom89

Possible new txr AND Ridge Racer Type 4 winning the poll on "what namco game do you want to see get a remake"?
This day keeps getting better.

Fuck off with these huge images

twitter.com/Genki_official/status/590342085904969728
and because you can't read moon runes

>[Aim ○ million people] Genki retweets here for anyone who wants to put out a "capital high battle" in stationary machine Co., Ltd.! Lively opinions and requests, complaints and inquiries also not not please let us know! Maybe you put out if the sell much Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3.Http:. // Www Genki.Co.Jp / # Shutoko Battle New

(and yes, i had to do this one 4 times because it shows the lightning pretty well)

shitty internet or something? The original ones were MUCH bigger. So you fuck off

Just ordered this off Amazon.

How badly did I fuck up?

So it seems the Mercs are quick it just comes down to feeling the car and getting the right set up. The SLS you really have to work for it but the AMG is a lot easier to handle to go fast. But hey what the fuck do I know right?

I played it once on my old RROD 360 (Rest In Piss) and remember it being quite fun. But i'm not really sure tho

When's your next irl race bro

>using PNG for full color pictures

July 23rd if I get off of work since the race is at my work

Enlighten me then. I don't know what's wrong with that. Should i use JPG? Doesn't that have some shitty compression?

Also i really like the Rain effects in this game.

You diddn't fuckup at all. While it lacks the other stages that 3 and zero had, it has the Shibuya line, so you can get "Shibuya girl" stuck in your head.
Also the physics model is quite fun.