Would this make a good first car?

Would this make a good first car?

I mostly need a car to drive to work and back (about 20 miles a day).

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/5544752868.html
ventura.craigslist.org/cto/5548755967.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get something with a little less miles.

Also it something with better MPG.

>I mostly need a car to drive to work and back (about 20 miles a day).
it'd be a great first car for you if you already put in your two weeks notice a week ago. it might last until the weekend.

4k is way too much for a 4 cylinder fox convertible, especially an automatic.

Also look for something that EVERYTHING works on it.
>Power locks dont work
>Seatbelts loose

yeah, no, especially seatbelts part.

>300,000 miles
>lien

nope nope nope. offer $1,500

>4 cyl convertible foxbody
>FOUR THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS

If I offer 1.5k and the guy agrees, should I go for it?

Yeah, I don't understand this. It's the wrong engine AND the wrong model. (being a convertible).

Where is this value coming from?

No cus then u know its a pos

No because it's the worst possible version of the Foxbody. Just look at another car period.

4k can get you a 5.0
chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/5544752868.html

This is now a

>iz dis car gud
thread

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L
Is it a good truck for DD and occasionally driving out to the country for some /k/

If you are in Cali if can't be too bad a car. Offer 1k and if you really like it go for 1.5 if you are also interested in being a mechanic.

Yes, just watch the auto trans, if it starts seeking when climbing hills you NEED to install a bigger trans cooler, it is REALLY EASY. Other than that they are solid trucks.
Aaannnddd I forgot.
>Rust

If big trucks are your thing sure. Id rather get a Tacoma or similar seized truck

Califag here so rust is usually a low issue with cars.
What about a 2000 V6 Firebird? I'm usually against V6 muscle cars but I'm broke right now

No.

I'd tell you to get the dodge, you'll love the torques for days. I used to have a 01 2500 with the 5.9 auto and 4x4, and it it weren't for the Midwestern rust I would still have it.

Which V6 is the firebird? 3.4 or 3.8

Looking for a truck or SUV in my area around $2000 tops.

Thats easy to find. You'll need to go to the yard and pull a 5.3 out of another one to make it work though
ventura.craigslist.org/cto/5548755967.html
or a tune up

Hmm, I'd really go for the Ram 1500, but don't discount Chevy Blazers/S10 pickups, they are pretty solid, and usually cheap.
Nissan Frontiers are good too, but Tacos/Frontiers are inflated to hell. Look for Suburbans/Yukons.

Also, the Buick 3.8 in that firebird is solid. The one in my parents LeSabre survived me beating on it, and had decent power to boot. Nothing fancy, but you'll be able to spank an older V6 camry with it.

They're asking $1200 for the Ram, just has bad paint and some tears in the upholstery. I'm gonna bring em down a bit for DMV back fees.

How would you recommend a late 90s early 00s Explorer as an alternative?

Depending on the condition 1-3K
1 for beat up low trim and older
3K for an immaculate Eddie Bauer edition with low miles.
Keep in mind I live in VA, WVA siphons off our used cars jacking up the prices.

Rams and Foxes are both good but I paid much less than $4000 for both put together and they're both manual v8s. Would have liked the Cummins but it wasn't in the budget.

Too bad that v8 in the fox has like 112 hp

If it were stock

If only there was huge aftermarket support for this 50 year old engine platform, capable of pushing that engine to 400+HP cheaply and reliably.

Ahaha, I was only taking a cheap shot at him. I know the foxbodies are so popular because of the huge aftermarket for it. I love Fox's but if you havent put any significant work into it it's slow as balls.