Salvage

How hard is it to recover a salvage car?

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5553758501.html
houston.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=car&sort=rel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not very as long as its road legal

just a massive fucking pain in the ass and everyone gives you a hard time every step of the way

The title, or the car itself? Call a fucking flat bed if the latter

What do you mean by recover? Is it at the bottom of a lake?

Like to buy a rearended car and fix it's problems

Depends on why it has a salvage title

The word you are looking for is "restore"

And it's really hard

restore or recover what?
pretty sure you cant change a cars title from salvage to something else?

Hmm. Even if it's something like the body panels are all fucked and it was considered "totalled" cause the cost to fix the panels?

Even if you fix all the mechanical and cosmetic problems, the car is still considered a salvage car

Best case, some states allow you to switch to a 'reconstructed' title if the car can pass inspection at a certified garage, but even then, the title is still considered branded

Does that prohibit it from being a highway vehicle? I'm just trying to see if I could potentially have a semi cheap car that runs.

No, both salvaged and reconstructed vehicles are still considered road legal. The only title brand I know of that prohibits you from ever using the car on the road again is a "parts only" title brand, that basically happens if the car is ever dropped off at a junk yard

But be cautious friend, its VERY easy to get ripped off with salvage cars, and even if you find one that was salvaged for some stupid reason like cosmetic damage, you will still get absolutely raped on your insurance rate because the car is a salvage title

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5553758501.html
Does this look like a bad deal? I'm the guy who's been borrowing a suburban.

Insurance. Never thought of that one. Thanks for the heads up. Does the craigslist look like a decent deal?

>Insurance. Never thought of that one

Yup. My wife's first car was a salvage title 96 Blazer that she inherited from her parents. The CHEAPEST insurance we could find at the time, for state minimum-liability only, was still going to be 1600 for 6 months of coverage.

>Does the craigslist look like a decent deal?
beat to shit work truck with less than 20 words in the posting, that looks like it's been sitting in some dudes back yard for an extended period of time? Thats a negative

I know it's beat to shit but I need a vehicle that is reliable. Ford made rangers pretty sturdy. But I'm no expert.

Honestly, that thing looks like trash. Look elsewhere.

Just doesn't look all that promising based on the ad

-literally less than 20 words in the posting about the truck

-looks beat to shit

-looks like it's been sitting for a while

-5 digit ODO so you have no idea what the actual mileage is

-interior looks trashed

-cracked windshield, which is an automatic fail on state inspection a lot of places

Alright. That's kinda disappointing. My commute fucking sucks via suburban.

I'm in texas were the inspection literally allows dunebuggies with rigged lights on the road.

If you are looking for a thousand dollar car, go look at the poor mans special section of the sticky, those are the cars you need to be looking at OP

Why don't you fucking look up the rules on the texas DMV website then you goon

I was insinuating that the ranger was, visually, fine. Maybe you should take a step back and look at a less precise picture you goon.

I know the neons are bullshit cars. Which do you think would be easier to fix?

Salvage can be anything from a light fender bender to a flood car.

just post your local craigslist and budget.

I was insinuating that your thread is, literally, dumb

Then why come here you twatwaffle?

houston.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=car&sort=rel
$1500

Easiest way to restore a salvage title is to get a non salvage title car (find a shell on craigslist for a couple hundred) and register the salvaged car as the shell. aka vin swapping.

>I'm a huge pussy bitch that can't help but telling you this is illegal and I'm really scared !!!

Legal smeagle. Just buy a broke car and a salvage car and use it for the intended purpose no?

because its a free country faggit

Mr. Faggot to you

Yes this is the easiest way.