I finally did it Veeky Forums...

I finally did it Veeky Forums. I bought a 2014 frs stock with 20k miles for 21k and the guy who sold it to me said if I ever needed repairs he would give me 10% off. This car is fast as fuck and im glad you guys recommended it to me. Did I do good Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/mazda-0-60-mph-times/
zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/scion-0-60-mph-times/
youtube.com/watch?v=wEJNP00MVCE
youtube.com/watch?v=q4cgK08ypy0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It depends. What transmission?

nice bait

Ignore my dad in the BG

>frs
>fast
Obvious bait

i love this bait
but if it isant, nice job and i hope you enjoy it. I just got a 16 frs and i'm having a banging time with it

Manual of course

How is this bait?

Congrats on paying $21k for a 2 year old car with prius tires just to squeal them and being slower than Grandma in her Buick.

>if I ever needed repairs he would give me 10% off
Does this guy own a shop or just work for one? If he just works at a shop you got hustled on that bit.

200 HP is fast?

How is this bait? I use to drive a 96 civic so whats fast to me may not be fast to you

21k is way overpriced for that car. Do you buy things without consulting book value?

He owns a shop and has like 3 employees

Its not slow to me and whats wrong with the tires?

Its top of the line with heated seats, its not the basic model. Last pic

>if I ever needed repairs he would give me 10% off

All I can say is that I hope you enjoy your purchase OP. I'm not going to shit on you. Just know that you spent 21k on a car with less than 190hp at the wheels, and you are calling it
>fast as fuck
That is all

They're low resistance tires to make you feel like you can drift.

Cool car but do you have any detailing products to keep it real nice and also clean?

You guys are shitting on my parade

>paying extra for meme features

Lemme guess, it has navigation with three year old maps too.

Bringing up wheel vs brake hp in an attempt to make a car seem slower is an illogical argument. All cars have drivetrain losses. Mathematically speaking, cars with low power lose fewer horses than high-powered ones. So you don't really have an argument.

good job OP, im thinking about buying one pretty soon. gonna go on some test drives after classes end. also how much did you pay for the car, the ones in my area are around 18k with less than 30k miles on them

It has 200hp at the engine. 190hp at the wheels was trying to be nice.

op enjoy your car, congratulations

lots of jealous bus riders in this thread

OP congrats on the car, but this is the worst place to show it off. Veeky Forums hates it because half of this stupid board doesn't own a car or doesn't drive, period, and the FRS doesn't stand up well to benchracing. Take your car to any other car community and have fun.

Also, please don't excessively mod it.

It's cool, OP. If you're happy, then it was a good buy. Keep it stock, keep it clean and enjoy. Veeky Forums is full of fucks that will shit on any car that isn't their own

My commute would be faster in a bus

no he just read some spec sheets and saw that the car doesn't put down 800+ aston power and decided that it couldn't be fast because of such

you know what you need to do

What the fuck did you think was going to happen?

Heated seats warm your body quicker than the heater. If you've never tried it, you're missing out.

Even $15 heated seat covers in my shitbox winter beater make a big difference.

>fast
No. Dat torque dip

I overestimated the whp in an attempt to not make OP have buyers remorse. This car was extremely overhyped, fell on its face, and is extremely overvalued on the used market because of meme status. The ONLY thing it has going for it is rwd. If it were front wheel drive then it would literally be a honda produced by toyobaru. Moving the differential to the rear and only having two doors is literally the only sporty things about it. You'd be better off saving 18k and buying a used miata.

>This car is fast as fuck

>The ONLY thing it has going for it is rwd.
what new car for the price is better?
>inb4 miata

>new car
>implying new is better
Pick up a wrench

Fiat 124

i don't want somebodies abused shitbox

It's sexy and it's newer than the riceboxes people here have
If you wanted fast you could have bought a camaro or something but then you would just have to drive in a straight line

>Fiat

>fast as fuck

>tfw a stock 10 year old Mazda3 can beat your car in a race

ayyy and it has 40hp less, and it's FWD

kekkarino OP confirmed for gayest nigger of all time

Right, you'd rather overpay for a new shitbox that you can't abuse because it doesn't have the power. Makes sense.

lol, this shit again.

some people just don't know how to have fun

I do, that's why I own two e46s, and ended up spend 12k less than these are new for both of them. Keep deluding yourself

my nigga!

you bought a FWD econobox that handles like shit and slower nice try.
jesus you again, so you bought old bimmers with fuckton of miles.

>both have less than 60k on the clock
>fuck ton of miles
You really are trying hard aren't you?

All these angry foxes and thier sour shitboxes. Nice buy OP. If youre a real tuner you have potential with that engine

i wouldn't pay such premiums on servicing those fuckers for moderate performance, do you really think it performs better in anything but straight line?

>jesus you again, so you bought old bimmers with fuckton of miles.
And owning them ends up being a nice experience. I know, how the fuck is this possible?

Maybe you are just retarded and can't wrap your head around the following concepts:
>Not everything new is good
>Not everything old is bad
>Not everything 'expensive' is good
>Not everything 'cheap' is bad

Look I understand what you are thinking.
>I spent a lot of money on a new car, IT MUST BE BETTER THAN AN OLD CAR, otherwise it wouldn't have cost what it did

The red pill is that what you believe isn't what is real.

>pay for service
Again, pick up a wrench
>in a straight line
You've obviously never driven one

i bought a light,rwd,balanced,coupe, that is not expensive. What you can't seem to understand is why not buy a new car if it's exactly what you like and want? It's not ugly by any means just "under powered", dealwithit

>GUYS a used car offers a better value than a new car!

If you're stupid enough to make this argument in this thread, you're too stupid to understand my explanation on why it's, well, stupid.

>Again, pick up a wrench
i don't have the tools or time to deal with eurocarproblems

You're right, I should over pay for something that will underperform when compared to my two 12 year old bimmers. Get a clue fan boy

OOOHHHMMMYYYGURRRRDDDD its new!!!

Are you a female?

why is Veeky Forums getting autistic about buying a new car over used...

>fast as fuck
Ruined the b8, m8

So overpay, drive your new frs, have a watered down driving experience, and enjoy looking at my license plates

This is fucking Veeky Forums, if you come around tooting your horn were gonna shove it up your ass and make you blow.

Why not buy a new car? Because you are paying out the ass for it to be new, and there is no reason to do this.

The wealthy boomers I know with millions in cars and property never buy new. NEVER. It is a terrible waste of money they say. Flaunting wealth is a fools idea of glory.

>watered down driving experience
little did you know
>and enjoy looking at my license plates
le supreme bimmer

Veeky Forums is full of kids fresh out of high-school or NEETs without a reliable source of income. They're too poor to afford a new car so they tell themselves that old cars are better because of MUH FEELS.

> the ONLY thing going for it is RWD.

So a low center of gravity, superior suspension design, low curb weight (for 2016), responsiveness, ergonomics, etc. mean nothing to you? Are you sure you actually like cars? I can't tell.

>little
Like the power numbers produced by the frs
>supreme bimmer
Obviously

I'm happy for you, OP. When I'm ready to buy one, they'll probably have it under the Toyota brand. And ignore the haters. They're clearly bench racers. If you're happy, that's all that matters.

>little did you know
Why do you fags have to be like this and make me hate a car I otherwise would be happy exists.

The 86 is 'My First RWD', It is beginner level, it does not give that great of a driving experience. I know I have driven one. Come off it and know your place.

Why can't you faggots be like Ninja 250 people. They are based as fuck. They know they are on a beginner bike. They know it is a cheap and slow as fuck. They know it is unrefined. They don't go around telling anybody it is awesome or sprecial.

All of those things can be attained on the used market without spending the ridiculous price tag this car carries for the performance it brings to the table. It's a meme car, plain and simple

>It is beginner level
>it does not give that great of a driving experience
it's simple, you bought an auto.What do you want me to say it's a slow shitbox? Some people enjoy cars around tight twistie roads pushing cars to limits instead of lightposts

FYI Mazda3's actually handle as well as an FRS and they're fairly quick, sorry to burst your bubble little babby.

Enjoy your little cuck car :^)

Holy shit. Try, just please try, to think before posting your next response. Saying

> muh used car value

is not a good argument. Sure, I could buy a $500 Fox Body Mustang and throw a turbo on it and be faster than your BMWs, or most new BMWs for that matter. But that isn't the point.

I'm not saying new is necessarily better than used. You just have to compare new cars to new cars, and used to used.

>Enjoy your little cuck car
but you got the FWD, you lost already

> Mazda3 handles as well as an FRS

You can't honestly believe that.

>tfw a FWD economy car is faster than a RWD "sports coupe"

FRS/BRZ will surely go down in history as one of the worst modern automotive blunders, it's failed on all fronts. Marketing, performance, longevity, etc. Truly pathetic.

you coulda bought a corvette and literally had a car the same damn size and RWD with a V8 that is way faster for the same price

in what way is it faster? or better?

t. butthurt FRS owner who wasted 20 grand on his sloppy shitbox

Op is cuck he could've gotten 2004 v6 Camry because it's faster it can out run anything on the ring its new god machine

but you would still be a faggot with v6 camry

You'd be a cuck to get that because you could get a 1998 v6 Camry which is older so it's better AND cheaper at the same time.

Oh right. Which one of those used 2,600-lb, 4-seat, 200-hp RWD cars with modern conveniences and safety features and an 18.1-inch center of gravity were you referring to?

>modern conveniences and safety features
lmao what a pussy

Hey, great job with that counter-argument! So logical and convincing!

According to the holy grail of 0-60 times, he's technically correct:

zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/mazda-0-60-mph-times/

>2007 Mazda3 S Touring: 7.2 seconds for 0-60

zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/scion-0-60-mph-times/

>2013 Scion FR-S: 7.9 seconds for 0-60

Both are autos in this comparison. Manual 0-60 times aren't really that comparable, considering the driver is such a large part of the equation. Could have a shit driver in a manual car, then put in a good driver, and get totally different times.

TL;DR In the end it doesn't really matter if an FR-S is faster than a Mazda3, because it's still a slow car for what it should have been. It's a huge waste of money and anyone driving them looks like a pathetic wiener. Could've bought a goddamn Mustang for nearly the same money and ended up with a far better car straight out of the box.

>implying underneath that rag is a manual stick
>implying that third pedal is a clutch and it isn't photoshopped copypasta brake pedal

Nice try, OP

>fast as fuck
I drive a truck so idk what fast is

To be fair, the V6 Camry and V6 RAV4 really are brutal sleepers.

youtube.com/watch?v=wEJNP00MVCE

youtube.com/watch?v=q4cgK08ypy0

Yeah, it's a nice car. Enjoy it. It's not fast, it just feels fast, but so long as you have fun, more power to you.

what a faggy thing to say

>2,600-lb
>200hp

LOL

more like 2800lbs, 160whp

It ain't fun unless it wins benchrace epeen mesuring contests.

>fell flat on its face
That's exactly why it has a HUGE community the likes of which haven't been seen since the early 2000s when FnF was at its peak, right? Why it's in literally every issues of literally every tuner magazine, right?
>hurr durr if it doesn't have 400+ HP it's not sporty
You're a retard.

>FAST

How's Scion doing there bud?

Now ask yourself what that subculture had in common with the current one.

Two things stand out:

-shitty, over-hyped cars
-massive faggots with an undying lust for fart cans and male genitalia

It's not Veeky Forums it's literally like two people. The guy is a fucking moron.

Since when did anyone want to save Scion when the car is badged as a Toyota GT86

:^)