/edg/ Elite Dangerous general

Deculture Edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>Where the fuck can I find materials for engineers?
inara.cz/galaxy-components

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, explore planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

>/edg/ faction stuff from the previous thread:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ed-td.space/en/17/Find Commodity
youtube.com/watch?v=1jpHldhY_V0
coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_courier/0p0t5F5l3d0s8f31b1b1g----2t023u01012f.Iw18UA==.MwBhCYy61ag=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vulture a best.

Needs an update for the cutter and the corvette

Elite is dead kids, it's time to pledge to star citizen. I just spent $125 for the ship i want. No smuggling with 50 stops. No shooting fish in a barrel for combat bonds. Just got the ship I want and now i can finally play.

My god, the detail on that face. Already pledged though. And there's no point in pledging now since nothing's LTI.

Lmao is that Hamill?

Hey, where can i buy imperial slaves?
I checked eddb but it's fucking wrong.

It's never failed me. Make sure you only use data under 48hrs.

Does pips to WEP affect the damage multis/frags/cannons do?

eddb is a piece of shit desu
ed-td.space/en/17/Find Commodity
use, and keep this since it lists EVERYTHING you would ever need

Thanks for the help, lads. It still doesn't seem like an easy decision. I'm still 6% short towards getting the required fed rank for the FAS, so I'll try the Vulture first. Seems like the FAS might have a slight edge, but I am a sucker for mobility. I'll compare them and decide. Thanks for the spoonfeeding.

Second post you replied to here, I honestly prefer the Vulture.

>latest last price update on every single one is at best like 40 days

yeah no thanks

Wanted to post this last thread about ranking up with a faction but it died.

You need to go to a station that has a lot of sub factions that are under your main faction "umbrella"

Be at least cordial rep with them

Check every 10 minutes or so to refresh the board and switch between Open and Solo play to find the,

Take a mission that starts with Navy and the like (you can see in mission rewards that it will rank you up)

Do the mission. It may be combat, trading or w/e.

Depending on where you are on the rank tree is how hard the enemies may be, so if for instance you are low on the rank tree and have to kill pirates of a certain faction don't expect them to roll up in a python or even an asp, they will be weak shit.

Don't worry if you can't find them right away just keep ranking up all the sub factions to cordial and wait for a spawn, the game will thankfully keep letting your work towards the next rank even if you can't find a promotion mission.

Pobably for me, thank you though ive figured out how to rank up

If I do the powerplay exploit will that help me rank up combat towards elite?

>does killing shit help me rank up my combat grading

Yes.

I need a weapon loadout for my conda. I have 3 large beams and they eat shields up but they also completely kill my capacitor

I need ideas people

Chainguns and missles

Missiles are nice but they run out so fast it's not even funny. I'm doing mainly PVE cuz I just switched from gamepad to KBM and need to get used to the controls

Just a thought, are you doing combat or mining/trading etc?

combat

I just find the eternal laser/MC combo boring but there's almost nothing else viable for PVE

frags, maybe

What's the best loadout for a PvE vulture? I can't seem to manage my power draw.

2 pulses or 1 beam/1kinetic

Well for comvat then go long term obv. My set up is for short term. But you can seriously just try mixing lasers with canons. Or adding mines and forward fixed stuff since your in a conda (i run one too i just bought it)

No, only recharge rate

it's for taht reason that weapon focused is the only modification worth doing to your distributor. It basically gives you one free pip to WEP

I want to kill lots of system authority vessels without getting swarmed by anacondas, how do I accomplish this?

Bring friends

So basically prepare your anus

But that's no fun.

What's the absolute worst way to make money in E:D?

ERP for money

Don't die, /edg/.

theres nothing to talk about anymore. the game is void of things to do even die hard fans have nothing to talk about

VR

But what makes Elite so compelling isn’t so much about the game as the experience. It’s the tinkering with and the taking out of a performance car for a Sunday drive, not to rack up more miles, nor to break any speed limits, but to just feel the growl of the engine and the wind comb through what’s left of your hair. To remember those carefree days arched over a BBC Micro or blinking angrily into a Lenslok and to forget for a short while that you have to make 357 people redundant in the morning. Elite is a hermetically-sealed escape capsule and it’s the best there is. Hell, you could fire the game up and just sit there on a launch pad and the sounds are enough to carry you away, so strong is your ship’s presence and so absorbing are the station surroundings.

Taking off, tearing through the station entrance a little too fast and just missing a Python, angling for the next jump, scooping fuel from a blazing sun, spinning the camera around your ship to catch its best profile, starting a fight just for the hell of it, seeing smok rise from the command console, hearing the screen crack and precious oxygen escaping into space and landing back at base with seconds to spare – these are the moments that make Elite essential. Trading, missions, mining – not so much. But it’s ok, we’re not going anywhere.

It's crazy, you can even feel it on the forums, even dads are starting to turn.

Yes.

This game made me so sad. It could've been so good.

True. Too bad it's too late for FD to do anything about it.

They banked a bit too hard a bit too long for the dads who'll stomach everything.

heh
hehehehe

R E S U S C I T A T I O N

Help me /edg/, what ship should I fly? I can't decide. I own the following ships at the moment:
Corvette, Anaconda, FDL, Python, Funship, Clipper, FAS and the iEagle.

I have the money to any ship in the game with almost any kind of loadout but I'm not a PP nerd so I can't get those modules.

I was thinking of doing mining with the Funship.

What the fuck happened to that FDL in the upper right?
Looks like someone stomped on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=1jpHldhY_V0

What do you guys think?

>FDL's IN THE SYSTEM
>o7 CMDR
>...FFFFFUCK THE FDL
>
>WHAT THE HELL CMDR
>SERIOUSLY
>HULL REINFORCEMENTS SUCK
>YOU SUCK

I'm too tired to make it. So just imagine an FDL and Python yelling at each other.

Nice trips is what I think.

No but seriously. NMS will probably have a deeper exploration element than Elite ever will, too bad I just don't care. Props to the bongs. But I just can't stand that minecraft-esque material hunting. Nor do I like the art style of that game. Or the sound design. Also no chance to play it with my friends, even though the possilibities in Elite are limited they are still there. I'll still probably get it and try it out if it's my thing but I'm honestly not holding up any hopes for it. I've grown far too jaded for this shit

Yeah, I get what you're saying.

I'm going to play the heck out of it because it's the sort of the sort of exploration I like, not the endless waiting of Elite

I feel like every part of the game except the actual flying in a ship part looks good, but the flight model looks like trash

I'll get it when it goes 50% off in a year or so, or maybe I'll pirate it sooner if it turns out to be good

So, on Steam this game is listed as Singleplayer only. I thought it was supposed to be fully multiplayer, but with a universe so large that it's just very unlikely to run into other players. Is this shit multiplayer or not?

>blujin ur awn train

>Is this shit multiplayer or not?

Hello games has just been bullshitting the whole time. The game's singleplayer.

>but the flight model looks like trash

Yeah, fairly boring and simplistic.

Wow. And here I thought I was finally getting an alternative to VISION. No multiplayer for this kind of game, especially with a AAA price tag, is pretty much a total game killer.

Here's the thing, and this applies to Star Citizen too, multiplayer architecture not to mention MMO level stuff is VERY FUCKING HARD TO PULL OFF!

Yes and no.

Yes theoretically, you see your friends on the map. You can fly with them.

No because they are always 100LY from you, plus you never see people, it's like no one's here and you're playing in an empty box.

I don't doubt it, but the lack of multiplayer has completely killed my interest in this game. A procedurally generated sandbox will quickly get boring without other people.

>A procedurally generated sandbox will quickly get boring without other people.

Oh yeah, this will not be a long lasting game. That goes without saying. Minecraft lasted this long because it of multi AND that you could build stuff. You can do neither in NMS.

There is a lobby instance system like in Elite and the max amount of players in one lobby is 6. Six.
And they've said that that is as many people as you've ever meet in the game.

They must've listed the game as singleplayer so people won't get it under the expectation of multiplayer despite having a multiplayer layer in there, just that you won't get to experience it much.

Yep. I don't mind the instancing of Elite. 32 people seems like a fair bit of action. Too bad the 'matchmaker' sucks and that nobody ever plays in open so you don't get to see anyone. PLUS there's not that much to do with random people. You can't really help them or trade them. All you can do is gank them. Which turns people away from player to player encounters even more. There's no reason not to be afraid of every player you see which makes me so sad.
I hate to be 'that guy' but Ftroop should add more PtP stuff.

And minecraft has a fuckton of mods, and you can tweak EVERYTHING if you know how.

>All you can do is gank them

This. Its a damn shame because its true. Its not surprising that people want to play solo because the most you can do in open is gank other players.

Theres nothing like mission sharing. Wing benefits for doing anything suck ass. Everything you do in the game has been designed to do in solo. No way form a group to chat with specific people without using the wing system.Not even something like a trade chat for stations cause who fucking knows how long it will be before you jump into a system with another player in it.

The game breeds hostility and isolationism.

The only things to do in a group in this game are trading for the wing dividends and mining for the boosted return from each asteroid. Every other aspect of gameplay actively discourages group play. Well, except PvP I guess, but I don't count that since it's not incentivized by the game in any case.

You can kinda-sorta share missions if you all dock at the same place, if you're in the same instance you should see the same mission board.

But yeah, trading with other players (including materials/data), sharing missions, NOT splitting bounties, basic guild support, and really just any kind of group content at all is sorely missing from the VISION, among a million other things.

>I hate to be 'that guy' but Ftroop should add more PtP stuff

That would be half assing it. Ftroops need to spin up some proper multiplayer server architecture. Not just background simulation and instancing/matchmaking shit.

Proper persistence and a living economy would make Elite 1000x better.

This. The lack of persistence and proper MMO social features are some of the worst things about Elite.

At least have areas in the game that specifically use a client server system so you could handle large scale events with other players

Not to mention the stupid state of Interdiction means that every player has an animosity towards everyone else because they have to deal with 99% of people being NPC pirates going after them for their cargo. Whenever they see another player, theyll probably assume they are an NPC.
Why not have like, good things that NPC's can do for you? Like someone flags you down because he has too much cargo to jump to where he needs to go and ejects stuff and lets you take it

See all that would require imagination and originality which frankly Ftroop and Braben don't have.

Braben wanted to make the same game he's made previously with updated graphics. That's it. The point was never to innovate.

Star Citizen may be a trainwreck or a scam but goddamn at least the devs were looking at how to make a game fun before the money drove them jewish.

That's a good point. Interacting with NPCs involves nothing more than deciding whether or not to shoot them. Why isn't there a simple comms rose with some basic shit like threatening, demanding cargo, asking for help, asking if they need help, requesting a trade, etc.

The state of things is so bad, it encourages worse things.
>Ship *teleports behind you*
>Interdicts you, or worse, interdicts you 5 times over as you move farther from your planet
>Demands you to drop your zero cargo
>opens fire regardless
Whats the response?
>Plug pull / Combat Log

What if there was a tense scenario where if you were interdicted, you could just stop, and he could scan you, see you had nothing worth his time, and he'd bounce. If you ran away he'd shoot you, but if you stood still, its a gamble if he makes a demand or not.

DBS, no matter how many credits I have I come back flying it. It's too much fun. I use Bi-Weave with hull and 4 fixed multis. 2 small beam and 2 plasma accels are fun too

I meant player-to-player.
As in trading, missions together and shit.

Hey /edg/, I have this game on on my old steam account and want to transfer it to my new one to play it, can I do this? If so, how?

No. Can't you download the launcher from the developer site and log in with your credentials?

Oh I thought you meant Peer to Peer.

I ran out of characters and just wanted a quick acronym and didn't think about it...

you can do this actually. go to your account on the frontier site and grab the steam key. redeem on your new account and there you go

whats the difference between peer to peer and player to player?

It worked! Thank you user.

player to player as in interactions between players and not with NPCs. If you think of architecture they can be synonymical.

>player to player

There's no such thing as far as networking is concerned.

nah that's what the FDL looks like

>running out of screenshots to bump the thread with

Help us braben

maybe don't bump the thread if interest is that low

Nonsense, thats crazy talk

coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_courier/0p0t5F5l3d0s8f31b1b1g----2t023u01012f.Iw18UA==.MwBhCYy61ag=
Opinion on a speedracer build with murder capabilities? Going fast is priority with secondary being able to do things

Just almost the entire thread is either sleeping or at work at the moment.

Why is the Diamondback Explorer so shit ? What ship should I use for exploration ? The Asp Explorer is too pricy for me atm.

Ships capable of exploration that are cheaper than the
>ASP
and not the DBX:
Hauler, Dadbra III, DBS, Type 6
I guess Asp scout can do it as well.

Fucking this. I'd love a line like "Why... why are you hauling 400 tons of shit? You know what, I don't want to know." followed by them jumping away.

SPESS

legs

WhEn??

Season 3
FUCKING NEVER FUCKING NEVER

I can't wait to see how Braben disappoints us.

>tfw dadposting from work