How stupid would I be for buying a '77 Gremlin as my first car?

How stupid would I be for buying a '77 Gremlin as my first car?

>tfw less than 20,000 miles

Other urls found in this thread:

classiccars.com/listings/view/811255/1977-amc-gremlin-for-sale-in-scottsdale-arizona-85260
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How stupid would I be for buying a '77 Gremlin as my first car

missed the unironic part

>How stupid would I be for buying a '77 Gremlin as my first car
very. gremlin is shit
that's neither good nor true for that car.

I say 8/10 on stupidity scale

>5 digit odo
>actually 120k or 220k

Do not do it user. It's a gutless shitbox.

pretty stupid

One of the biggest shitboxes of all time, next to the pinto and pacer. Plus its ancient

Might be fun, but don't expect to DD it.

post pics of said gremlin, I am interested OP

Thanks everyone for the input, it really helps, I'm a fucking retard when it comes to cars. I just really want a muscle-ish looking vintage car, something to get the ladies wet, feel me. Is anything before 1985 too ancient? How about a 78 Chevrolet Nova? My budget is $23k.

In pretty good condition, that red body/white stripe combo gets me hard as a diamond

classiccars.com/listings/view/811255/1977-amc-gremlin-for-sale-in-scottsdale-arizona-85260

Anything before 1985 will require a good amount of maintenance. I wouldn't recommend DD a car that old if you clueless about cars. If you want a older muscle car maybe an early 90s 3rd gen camaro or foxbody?

Gremlin was shit-tier when i was NEW
And you wanna buy one that is 40 years old?!

>20K on the odometer

I'd bet honest money that the car was driven to 200K miles and the odometer ticked back to 0K and has been driven another 20K
Or the car was such shit that nobody wanted to drive it

>23k
>looking at gremlins and malaise novas
nigger what the fuck you can get a nice a 71 or 68 chevelle for that much. where are you?

USA homie

>classics require too much maintenance
>get an OBDI TBI shitbox
Have you ever owned or worked on either?

Then it should be easy. Get a 10k car and sink the rest into making the car more reliable.

clearly you know nothing about carburetors

yeah dog you can get a pretty decent anything for 20k. don't look at turds like a gremlin.

Get an amc eagle instead

Get a AMC Javelin

What is it exactly that makes the Gremlin so shit?

Should I just forget about getting a classic car if I don't know shit about it or how to keep up maintenance/have an idea of what needs to be fixed when something goes wrong? I'm just a candy ass that romanticizes these unique looking cars, I'm not a car enthusiast by any means

>What is it exactly that makes the Gremlin so shit

Anything america made in the late 70s was pretty shit

Buy a civic and shut the fuck up

This if anything AMC

>unless XJ or Eagle

Maybe if you really have your heart set on a old unique car, Perhaps an old honda? Those cars are the reason they came out with the gremlin.

It will still require maintenance, like any old car. But should pretty simple and easy to work on