What does Veeky Forums think about dsms

what does Veeky Forums think about dsms.

I kind of want to build a turbo 4cylinder that wont cost me 30k. love evos but im not about to spend 20-25k for a nice 10 year old evo.

Thinking about a 1st generation dsm. Inb4 crankwalk.. anything really to watch out for on them besides ghetto rigging?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2NkdwTwBp4Y
superstreetonline.com/event-coverage/motorsports/130-0511-timeattack/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>DSM
Not even once.

The best turbo cars to modify are no longer the DSMs.
Any car with GM's LNF engine is.

youre going to spend more time working on it than driving it

but the best thing about a DSM is when its running its usually quick

absolute trash cars.
Slow, expensive, no potential

Don't forget lol can't turn

It's rather sad that the plant in Normal finally closed.

shitbox u cheeky cunt

Slow? Are you reverse psychology shit posting?

>resident DSM guru talking shit about DSMs
Is this bait?

got to agree with this user, the ecotec is so fucking nicely built. 6 bolt mains + integral girdle. built to handle boost

fuckin' stupid.

DSMs are still breaking records op.

And they've been popular for 20 years in terms of modifying. Parts are cheap if you're willing to pass on the latest most modern go-fast bits.

Grab one, slam some aftermarket turbo bits on it, go fast.

youtube.com/watch?v=2NkdwTwBp4Y

shitbox has like an 11 second DSM bruh

11 second ain't much nowadays.

More turbos.

>fwd
why even bother?

There are RWD variants.

Maybe on the internet. Definitely not in the driver's seat.

Those are pretty cool for sure, if I didn't have the BMW version I would consider one for sure. But those are also way out of the DSM price range.

dsm's are cool, know a couple people who have had them, they arent completely unreliable like people on the internet will tell you
its surprising how hive minded Veeky Forums can be

The AWD transmissions are shit tho. Other than that they are pretty reliable. Now every little electronic thing on the car will break however

Nothing wrong with fwd

Everything is wrong with fwd dude.
>can't turn
>can't accelerate
>torque steer
>shit traction on hills in ice/snow
FWD a shit. Its good for a commuter car that doesn't matter but actually trying to mod one is just asinine. At least with the DSM there is AWD for muh drag launches

>torque steer
so you're a limpwristed faggot who doesn't lift?

No, I simply have the money/taste to purchase AWD or RWD vehicles. Enjoy always being unable to put your power down without slicks.

Whatever you say Sheldon Cooper.

Don't fear the torque steer.

If your cobalt came with RWD option you would own it too. That is all.

whatever you say. Just remember this sight. It's all you'll see.

The back of a gussied up appliance car? What a sight to behold ;)

What's the matter faggot? Can't keep up?
superstreetonline.com/event-coverage/motorsports/130-0511-timeattack/

>meme lap times from a heavily modified car
I'm sure your FWD shitbox is just as fast. I'll stick to my DSM and BMW thank you very much, both of which are very fast and actually able to get sideways. But hey, we all make bad choices user, I understand.

too tiny. im 6'4" and can fit in a miata or mg sprite but those i cant.

> slower nurburgring time than an Australian pickup truck
Roflmao

lock the elbow, stop the toque steer.

ive had 2.2 60ft times out of a nitrous cavalier, its really just down to what you do with what you have.

There are others.

Ranger?

Or falcon/commy

He means the HSV tuned V8 Holden utes.

why even bother when there are real cars out there
>nitrous cavalier
oh dear.

>heavily modified
>implying the other cars there weren't heavily modified
A good chuck of the cars there had double the horsepower of that Cobalt. That Cobalt's built was featured on a TV show on the Speed network ("Street Tuner Challenge"). The engine only made 245 HP from a stage 2 tuned LSJ engine, and close to 300 with a temporary 50 HP shot of nitrous.
Still beat cars with double the power, triple the budget, and, theoretically, a better chassis.

i was bet i couldnt makeone as fast as a stock(ish) mustang with 3.73s

full I/E/Ign with a 75 shot did the trick. they are actually ok in terms of a blank slate. can hold boost and has a stock posi traction diff.

>what is weight
am i supposed to be impressed at a race car? what kind of bench racing faggot are you? seriously, nobody cares about this stuff but other fwd cucks and weebs on congolese crochet forums.

>am i supposed to be impressed at a race car?
Every single part used on that car was available aftermarket straight out of a catalog.

6'4
>miata

Get fucked

Who cares? Its a fwd shitbox with a turbo. Is this how sad your car is you have to defend it with meme lap times of some gutted race car 0% similar to the heap you drive?

Pathetic bro. Pathetic. What kind of bench racing faggot are you?

>owned by your weird 26 year old neighbor who lived with his mom in an upscale mobile home park in Missouri
>knife or airsoft gun collection
>nazi memorabilia
>did whippets in highschool and is currently experimenting with ketamine
>hangs out with 17 year olds into metalcore primarily
>didn't go to college but took a couple classes at local community college before giving up
>works as an auto tech at a chain

Don't know why, but this guy always pops into my mind when I think of DSMs. I never knew anyone like this, but I know he exists and I know he's had a Laser or Talon at some point that's usually broken down.

There's a lot you don't know about FWD buddy. It's not some understeering monster out to kill you. The Cobalt SS EARNED a reputation as a giant killer by taking down many more expensive cars. GM did not fuck around with the Cobalt. Despite the FWD is bad meme, they are serious contenders.

>Despite the FWD is bad meme, they are serious contenders.
Yeah, on a race track or a drag strip with slicks. They suck ass as street cars with any decent power. Been there, done that. Waste of money and time when non wrong wheel drive cars exist.
>benefits to fwd sports car
literally zero

>upscale
>trailer park

yeah im going to need you to go ahead and pick one of those.

eat dick bitch nigger. i have to get in all sorts of shit for this job.

K bud the ss is a great chassis and is faster than an evo and nearly every single BMW on a track. Time to stop being so butthurt because you lost to a gussied civic on a green light

>and is faster than an evo and nearly every single BMW on a track.
No. Just, no. gl with your shitbox

Disagree with the poor traction on snow and hills. I pass trucks and rwd cars in hills all of the time while they are fish tailing all over the place. FWD is good because all of your weight is over the front wheels. My car always handles snow/ice like a champ.

>winter car

Idk about how fast or slow an SS/T is compared to an evo, but they are fast little pieces of shit considering what they are.

They have the usual shitty GM interior made by 5 yr olds, but I have a couple of friends with them that would put buslengths on my modded AP1 and regularly beat up on bolt-on 4.6s and mild ls1 cars. That's not to say that my AP1 was fast, it only ran a 14.3, but that's still a low 13 second shitbox 4 cylinder with just an intake and a tune from where I'm standing.

I would take one over a 20+ year old DSM, I don't think I'd take one over an evo.

>Idk about how fast or slow an SS/T is compared to an evo

friendly reminder that all of that is irrelevant because the cobalt is a literal piece of shit anyway

its shit, it will turn itself off and kill you in the process

it doesn't matter if its faster than a viper or a radical or a pagani, it's shit

remember the last time you ate spicy and greasy food? yeah, the cobalt is basically that turd with wheels

it was it is and it will forever and ever be shit

oh look. a copypasta meme

it's not copypasta and its not a meme

the cobalt is shit, deal with it

It's a meme.

this
cue fwd apologist poorfags

no, it's a fact

it's a meme

the cobalt being literal shit is a fact, just ask the hundred of death an disabled people that crashed in them

it's shit user

shit

cobalt = shit

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

shitty shit

shit

Nice meme.

call it a meme if you like, doesnt change the facts

You ignored facts multiple times repeating the same tired argument. How's that face full of shrapnel?

still a meme btw. The "GM is bad" meme has been around since Veeky Forums started. It's a meme. You may not have known it was a meme, but it is.

"OPINIONING SO HARD" should be a meme.