How do I know if I'm a shit driver?

How do I know if I'm a shit driver?

Other urls found in this thread:

americancarsamericangirls.com/show/20179/shows/michele-abbate-americancarsamericangirlss-driver-of-2014/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if you're shit

Do you make a ton of mistakes while driving?

When you ask Veeky Forums about it

Are you a woman?
Are you black?
Are you asian?
Are you any ethnicity other than white?

If any of the above apply: You're a shit driver.

always assume you're shit. Never think you're a great driver who could never get into an accident. If you always assume you're shit, you should always strive for ways to better your driving.

If I'm being fair, I've never seen a good ethnic female driver. Any woman who is a professional racer is white.

This makes sense.

Well, there's Michelle Abatta, whose some hispanic mix

I've seen asian female drifters

Yeah, you're right. I've never heard of her, so maybe I'm right, but it's true. I was just talking about maybe top 4 female racer car drivers, because I haven't heard of anyone else. I've never heard of her,but there's 6 billion people so it doesn't really matter.

How would I know if I'm a shit driver?

>Michelle Abatta
I mis-spelled her name. Michele Abbate

americancarsamericangirls.com/show/20179/shows/michele-abbate-americancarsamericangirlss-driver-of-2014/
She's been a staple in Scion's Racing program for years.

Do you notice other people being retarded and try not to do those things? Congrats, at least you're not retarded

To be fair, I don't want to learn about every woman that ever drove a car, and it's impossible to do so.

Old, young , stupid

only if you drive a honda

understandable but she's made a name for herself. She now works with Local Motors

if you cant recite the alphabet backwards is one indicator of being either too stupid or too drunk to drive.

Well shit, I get to R, then need to recite it forwards to be able to remember.

If youve ever caused an accident

Do you granny shift or double clutch?

I shift without the clutch :^)

Their drifting isn't intentional though

Meet me on the touge

Tell me what you drive and I'll tell you if you're objectively shit or not.

>doesn't know if he makes mistakes
>wonders if he's a shit driver
Yeah you're a shit driver.

You're a shit driver if you
>for whatever reason lack the motor skills to operate your vehicle
>have trouble paying attention
>can't control your anger towards other drivers
>are not mature enough to drive in a reasonably safe manor (excessive hooning)

I think that about sums it up.

If you drive with your hands at 10 and 2.

How does having more control of the car make you a shitty driver? Should everybody rock a gangster lean with their palm up top the wheel?

If there are no trophies on your fireplace mantle or checkered flags hanging on your wall you need to step it up son.

I think he's making a comment about automatic transmissions but desu who the fuck drives with their hands at 10 and 2 past 16. I stopped that shit when I turned 17. never been in a wreck.

It really depends what I'm doing. Cruising on the highway I'll just one-hand the bottom of the wheel. On a curvy back road I always have both hands on the wheel.

I agree. honestly, driving is like most other things in that most overarching generalizations about the proper way to do it are bullshit. Unless we're talking about legality.

But I could be making few mistakes from my perspective.

9 and 3 is the only way

number of accidents, whether or not you're at fault
usually, even when not at fault in the end, both drivers had contributed to the combined stupidity to create a crash

a bit weird, innit?

>How do I know if I'm a shit driver?

1. Do you slam your brakes a lot? Ignoring the occasional need to slam the brakes simply because the driver in front is doing it, you might be doing any of these poor_driver things:
a. tailgating
b. going too fast
c. not allowing enough space in front of you based upon current speed
d. not paying attention until the last few seconds

2. Do you use the cellphone or text while driving in traffic?

3. Do you wear headphones or earphones while driving

4. Do you FAIL to regularly inspect your car before driving it? That means seeing if tire pressure is low from a nail. Checking oil level occasionally. Seeing that there is enough radiator coolant and windshield wiper fluid.

5. People seem to act scared when you're the driver. Perhaps you take turns too fast or go downhill too fast thus requiring more braking at the bottom. The rollercoaster way of driving may seem "normal" to a driver accustomed to pushing the car to its driving limits on the road, but to passengers, they just get the feeling the car is on the edge of losing control. Why is this shit driving even though you are always in control (barely)? Because a good driver keeps his passengers' comfort and feelings of safety in mind. Right? When you push the limit to show off the car to the passengers, they might still technically be safe, but they emotionally don't feel safe. And that is why they might secretly think someone is a shitty driver because of "Damn, every time I ride with that guy, I just don't feel safe!" emotion.

drifting is just controlled accidents.

9 and 3 master race

Easy fix for 5. Stop giving rides to your pussy friends. Nah I get what youre saying though.

>3. Do you wear headphones or earphones while driving
This one is funny, I hear this often as a point of criticism. Do you think apple earbuds are more sound-isolating than the cabin of a luxury car? Don't be silly.

>use a single earbud to listen to music while driving
I guess I'm a bad driver because my stock radio doesn't have an aux input

Considering you're blasting music at something approaching 80-90dB inside your fucking ear, yeah. They probably overpower road noise which on average at 65mph is about 65-70dB

if the issue is blasting music loud, that can easily be done without headphones.
ordinary headphones are not more sound isolating than a luxury car's cabin. try it sometime.

Do you tell people you're a good driver? If so you're probably shit.

>mfw that filename

I have. The issue is not that the earphone isolates, it's that the music overpowers road noise. The apple headphone tops off at 100dB, really close to your ear. Say you're being conservative and playing it at 3/4 volume. That's still ~75dB at a few millimeteres from your tympanic membrane. Research says that 80db in ear headphones is safe for hearing for around 8 hours, per day. Considering that most in cabin noise levels are around 65-70dB, you can see that at a reasonable volume level, you're overpowering the noise level in the cabin. That said, if you have headphones on, yo allow considerably less area for any noise waves to enter. Think about it, when you previously had the full open area of your ear canal to enter, it now has pretty much none when you put your earphone in. Even if the particular headphone does not isolate very well, you're still considerably reducing the amount of road noise that you're letting into your ear canal.