/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

11.0 browserhax edition

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: with Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without hardware modifications or system transferring hacked DSiWare from a CFW'd 3DS. See the downgrade guide for info on these options. Better options aren't expected anytime soon.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v5.5/Luma3DSv5.5.7z
mega.nz/#!cpMxxY5D!Cprs6pZqY0YNxx5hpmfeej9d1gKjOyi1PKmYsI9HUjw
mega.nz/#!d9klBK4T!TFz6UJiWchXj8Qqfo6Sx-iMn-9s7sA240grSeE3MDYc
mega.nz/#!do00GJ5D!UvyowPuJPnF0nOSoQTVEbzaVMPSgtoi5_tCAOsbhSgE
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/commits/master
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading
github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Browser-OTP)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are some good puzzle game on 3ds i should get?

I just want to triple check on something. DSTT does work with Luma 3ds right? I don't need A9LH? Do I need any program to run it? I don't want to get my hopes up, order a DSTT, micro sd card, and sd card reader just to get a soul crushing error.

>tfw the 5 hours are finally up

And here I was looking forward to DS2. I played the first one on the DS, is it worth it to replay it on the 3ds? I remember hearing the 3ds vers had more story after the 7th day.

Reminder to 11.0fags to download Pokémon Picross and Steel Diver Sub Wars ASAP as they have upcoming exploits for them. Nintendo will patch menuhax and the more options you have the better.

Will getting Menuhax through the new browser had on my N3DS make it easier to do the downgrade? Or is the downgrade completely independent from Menuhax and other homebrew?

I want to know if it's worth doing at all or not, since the only reason I'd do it is to get me one step closer to the downgrade without hard modding.

more (good) games like Fire Emblem and Bravely?

If a downgrade from 11.0 ever comes out, you'll need some form of homebrew access to run it, and chances are that the browser will be long blocked at that point. So yes, installing Menuhax now is a good idea.

Downgrades from 10.6 and 10.7 are a thing right now and you (finally) don't need an exploit game for it anymore.

Im on 10.7 should I go to 11?

No, there's hax for that as well and you can downgrade.

what are the advantages of downgrading?

i dug around on 3dsiso for a while didn't find them.

anyone care to link me fullscreen pokemon silver, gold and crystal fullscreen cias?

cfw obviously how else are you going to get it

Thanks for the quick response my man.

>FINALLY BUY A SKY3DS TO BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE, SPEND FUCKING R$400 (OVER HALF OF A BRAZILIAN MINIMUM MONTHLY WAGE) ON IT TODAY
>1 HOUR LATER 11.0 BROWSERHAX

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AOAHASDJK AAH
AH AH AH HA HA
AHIDHSKJD JWIA IUHOA
A\DSK;K\;ADS
;lasd

No, get something to access homebrew (sadly browserhax won't work for you), install menuhax with it and downgrade. 11.0 will lock you to KICKASS forever.

Having CFW and being untouchable by Nintendo. 11.0fags will soon be cornered when 11.1 hits, they become unable to do anything online and unless they installed a secondary exploit they'll be locked out ot homebrew as well.

Can someone explain how exactly you get dlc to work on the wii u with loadiine? I still think it's stupid you can't load pirated dlc. I have two wii u's, one has the dlc and other doesn't. One has loadiine and the other is a legit system, it's my roommates. Is it possible to get the dlc from one console to the other or do I seriously have to purchase the dlc again?

Unless you're memeing, this is what you get for being a retard.

10.7 browserhax should actually be fine still, they didn't update the browser in 11.0 and the block is based on the browser version, not the system version.

Which Etrian Odyssey game is the best, and do you need to play them in order?

I CONSIDERED THIS.

BUT WHAT WOULD I DO IF I SOFTBRICKED?

I'D GET KICKED TO 11.0 AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH NO GAMES

SKY3DS WOULD BE MY BACKUP PLAN FOR THAT, IT'D ALLOW ME TO PLAY GAMES, I JUST WOULDN'T HAVE ONLINE

SHIT

SHITIAS]

>spending half your monthly income on video games

You're a fucking retard, mate.
Could have bought a New 3DS for that much and had it guaranteed on hackable firmware.

GOOD LUCK

NEW 3DS IS OVER 1000 IN BRAZIL

AND I NEVER SAID I EARNED

THE

FUCKING

MINIMUM

WAGE

as long as you format you can't soft brick anymore things have changed

You're a fucking retard, mate.

Oh really? Neat. People should rush the fuck out to downgrade MHG 3DSes then.

>BUT WHAT WOULD I DO IF I SOFTBRICKED?

>get homebrew with Freakyforms
>backup your saves
>format
>downgrade

Guaranteed success.

Even if you were to risk a downgrade without formatting and softbricked, recovery mode would fix your NAND although on latest firmware, but all your shit would still be there.

Literalmente retardado. Se mata lol.

>things have changed

The format fix was known like 2 days after the first downgrader. I actually had to format because I was stuck with softbricks, thankfully we had infinite tries back then.

On RX-E 10. How do I upgrade to 10.7 exactly? It's been a while since I turned on my 3DS

i know just referring to the fact that everything is more safe and stable now than it first was

I'm sorry to ask, but is there a CIA for the pokemon red/blue/yellow re-releases on 3ds?

RX-E 10.3 my bad.

use freeshop

Just get Luma and update to 11.0, there's no problem if you're on CFW.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v5.5/Luma3DSv5.5.7z

Red: mega.nz/#!cpMxxY5D!Cprs6pZqY0YNxx5hpmfeej9d1gKjOyi1PKmYsI9HUjw
Blue: mega.nz/#!d9klBK4T!TFz6UJiWchXj8Qqfo6Sx-iMn-9s7sA240grSeE3MDYc
Yellow: mega.nz/#!do00GJ5D!UvyowPuJPnF0nOSoQTVEbzaVMPSgtoi5_tCAOsbhSgE

dlc in freeshop when?

So it's that easy if I'm using rxTools? Also I'm trying to access eshop tonight because Protect me Knight 2 comes out tomorrow and I want it.

As long as they can still pay for everything else they need, who cares if they spend half of their money on video games? If it makes them happy and doesn't cause them to go broke it's okay.

Not the guy who asked, but I wonder if those cia's will transfer to Bank once they release the ability to trade up.

How do I get GBA games? What about PS1?

>browserhax on 11.0
>red screen
what does this mean, it's not in the screen colors guide

Next release github.com/Cruel/freeShop/commits/master

Yes. That GIF was initially made specifically for two lazy rxTools friends from a Discord. It's really fucking easy for switch.

You just might wanna setup its chainloader later to load decrypt9/emunand9 from sysnand for doing NAND backups and shit, as you won't have ctrbootmanager anymore.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

Probably will.

means you didn't put the boot file from the starter kit onto the root of the sd

> as you won't have ctrbootmanager anymore.

I still want it just for personal reasons.

...and Menuhax needs an updated Menuhax manager in \3ds. Starter kit is supposed to be updated later today. github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases

You could then avoid the boot.3dsx from the Luma pack and update the entries on boot.cfg to load Luma3DS (it's the same offset and everything I think), but make sure to load /Luma3DS.dat and have the Luma3DS.dat on your sdroot, or else reboot patches won't work (which breaks extended memory games on O3DS, GBA and DS).

There's a detailed thread on GBAtemp for that, linked on the pastebin.

>yfw n3ds a9lh with r4 master race

Does 11.0 browserhax mean we no longer need a gamehax for 10.7 and lower downgrade? Or do we still need the game for it?

correct don't need a game anymore

i found the hidden gem of all hidden gems

Great, thx

10.6 yes, 10.7 works now too but unfortunately will stop working as soon as the next browser update hits, probably in 11.1

r4 as in the flashcart?

I have one but unfortunately it isn't detected well by the 3DS, and it isn't compatible with a tool I found that lets you place shortcuts to the games on the r4 on the Home screen.

what do u need the r4 for?

We should be fine in 10.7 if we don't update though, right?

What are some games I can play in short bursts

Garfield Kart is better

If he could, he wouldn't be so upset and typing like a 15 year old.

No, it'll die as soon as a newer browser exists. Unlike 9.9-10.6, we can't do the silly datehour trick to bypass the check, it works as intended on 10.7+. 10.7 only works right now because it's the same browser as 11.0. If 11.1 has a newer browser (very likely), 10.7 and 11.0 browsers will stop working forever.

Nope, the browser has a version checkin at Nintendo's servers since 9.9. They fixed the bypass for that (changing the date/time to 2000) in 10.7. When they flip the switch, it's over.

>11 picross games for 3DS
>plus Mario's Picross
>plus 5 picross games from DS
My 3DS is basically a picross device now. What an addictive genre. Now I just need a way to emulate the SNES Picross games.

what in the flipping flounder is picross

so if i'm using Luma, do I need to install a virtual console to play GBA games? Or do I just download CIAs and install?

Take a wild guess user

n64 games

Alright, thanks.

>he doesnt browse /emugen/

A really shitty game
you guess which squares should be filled in based on numbers, but you can cheat because it won't allow you to do it wrong. At least that's what I got from playing Pokemon Picross for 10 minutes

Been trying to downgrade to 2.1 for 3 hours now. Same error screen over and over. I'm about to give up.

>you can cheat because it won't allow you to do it wrong
That's only in PokePicross because it's a mess. Other game penalize you with less time.

picross games for 3DS
Wait, there's more than just the six Picross e games and that shitty Pokemon game?

VITA WHEN

whats wrong?

when you hack it yourself, champ

I feel you
>install all these jrps dungeon crawlers i wanted to play
>play picross all day instead

There's seven Picross e (the 7th one is Jap-only so far), there's also Club Nintendo Picross and Super Club Nintendo Picross (also Jap-only) and Zelda Picross.

Alright so I got Luma3DS to boot but it's still 10.3. So do I just update on wifi like i normally do with Luma still on it?

>playing Pokemon Picross for 10 minutes
so, only part of the tutorial?

And Picross 3D 2.

All it says is " You've run into an error. Hold down the power button and restart the system."

The guide says it will take many many tries but i've been doing this for 3 hours already.

yes but make sure you're in emunand first

>The guide says it will take many many tries but i've been doing this for 3 hours already.
You fucked something up. It worked first try for me.

Yes, update from SYSTEM SETTINGS like you did the first time to get to 10.3. Never update from anywhere else unless you get A9LH.

I can still switch back to 9.2 and 10.3 just fine. Except there's no like indication of whether or not I'm in Emu. For example on rxtools it used to say RX-E 10.3 but now it says 10.3 (still can go back to 9.2 dont worry)

luma has emu in front of the number after you turn on show nand in settings from the config

>mfw people try to get me to give them my r4

based smea
also small question about smile basic, I downloaded the update that is exploitable but not the actual game before it was taken down. If I were to download the full game now, could it still be used as a primary?

Whenever I installed A9LH everything that said 'this can take many tries' worked on the first time for me, except once when I had to try twice

I was actually really surprised at how easy it was, it did take a very long time though

>tfw all my games are US now
feels good pham,
also rate my theme

Alright two final question before I update to 11.0, what is "SysNAND is updated (A9LH-only)"? And is there a way for me to stop opening my japanese games like they were new software? I always have to open them like a present box.

don't worry about you don't have a9lh anyway and games that keep being wrapped means your nands are linked, format sysnand with tinyformat to remove it

Naisu

Nice, it actually looks great design wise.

How do I do that again? I''m sorry if I'm asking too many questions by the way. I managed to get this to work just fine back in January but I haven't touch my 3DS in months and forgot most of the stuff and methods

Fuck, I posted in the cap thread.

just download tinyformat and launch it from homebrew that's it

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Browser-OTP)

HELL YEAH! Thank you /hbg/ if I knew you smart bastards I'd buy you guys beer and hookers. Gotta get back on that gaming I missed a lot due to college! Thank you!

Lost the backups to my original sys&emuNand files today. Already have a9lh installed. Would it be best to just backup what I have currently or am I just fucked entirely?

I havent been here in ages cool to see the 3DS scene is still active

Ah I was wondering why menuhax wasn't installing for me. When I boot the homebrew channel is this all I can use or is it just the homebrew that's actually installed to my SD?

gibe