twitter.com/AnonBabble

A Button Switch?

Keyless ignition...

Porsches don't.

lol

What?

>mfw my car has "starter knob" that works just like a key would

LOL

I dont get why this is so bad? having the key on your person to start the car is quite nice, you dont need to put an old-fashioned key into the actual car and turn it in a 2-step-system for it to work. Why is this so bad? To me it seems like a hipster-whine-fest.

As expected from someone who ends a statement with a question mark.

>tfw my car has a "key" that works just like an automatic ignition button would

How do you put it in auxillary mode?

I think I saw that somewhere. Aston Martin? Where you actually stick the fob into the dash and then push it for the car to start. Idiotic. But I guess you won't understand that either.

Press the start button without holding the brakes or clutch in most cars. Pressing while holding the brakes or clutch starts the car.

Nah, 1998 C-Class

Put the "key" (see photo) in like normal, but you only have to turn it once and release, upon which the starter will run by itself until the car has started, so in a sense you do not have the direct control of the starter engine like you would normally

I got a car with push to start a while back. Wasn't a fan at first, but not fucking with the keys has really grown on me.

Oh... well that's even weirder. The knob I have doesn't have direct ignition control either (the car starts even if you release it before it actually starts), but at least there's the middle "accessory" position.

Pic related is what I meant earlier. That's almost on the level of "insert a normal key and then press a separate button".

Thats really good looking tho

True, but bretty ...weird, I guess.

youtu.be/TX3F71h_zOU?t=4m26s

It'd definitely annoy me in time. I wonder how remote start works with that (if at all).

If you have one of those the remote start would be ringing a bell and saying "Jeeves, would you kindly go into garage #3 and bring out the Aston to the front door of the manor? And oh, leave the engine running"

I read an article (unfortunately I can't find it anymore) that said because of something they're doing with fuel systems now, it takes a little bit longer to prime.

So instead of putting the key in and turning it to immediately crank the engine, you have to put the key in (which makes it start priming) and move your hand to the button to crank it, which buys it just enough time to make the average idiot think that his brand new car isn't a piece of shit that has to crank for ages to start.

>Autotragic

I like those but only when you don't have to hold the button down to start but just press it once and it starts on it's own.

In any case motorcycles have used starter buttons for ages, you get used to it.

Isn't that because motorcycles are much more exposed to weather & water, which would mean that the cylinder lock would break easily as fuck after a few years due to internal rust?

>stop liking what I don't like

Manual in supercars is a dying breed.

No not really, they're made to be outside. I love my push button start, but it only turns the electric on, you still have to push the starter button on the handle bar.

no

You insert a fob instead of a metal key, and it feels like a plastic switch when you turn it. Porsche's last proper metal key was the 997.2 up to 2012.

>Veeky Forums in 50s (60s)

i don't need any nannies, i want to be able to crankstart my own car.
starting with car with starter just doesn't have the same "feel" and it's like i'm being robbed of something

>key system breaks
>easily accessible on steering column
>button breaks
>lol good luck

Great strawman

thanks senpai

None of you folks realize that the very first cars used button start.

I've been driving a car with push start, and its fine now that I got used to it.

Benefits:
>dont have to take my keys out
>much easier to start
>convenient
>keys dont jiggle, or tangle
>FOB has a quick release that can be given to a friend, or mechanic
>cleaner interior look

Downside
>more electric bullshit
>cant turn the car off when its rolling
>when you park the car, and hit the button it turns everything off. No easy method to turn off the engine, but keep accessories on.
>annoying beeping noise when you start the car, and exit it with keys (fob) on you

>What if the battery does?
It has an RFID in the fob, simply place it in close proximity of the button, and start it.
>How do I open the door if the fob is dead?
You still have a physical key
>what happens if I'm driving, and I throw the fob out the window?
Good fucking question.
I used to hate the system, but now I got used to it, and I really like it, even with the dumb downsides.

Is the vanquish a supercar, really?

By most definitions of the word, yes.

Since you seem to be severely autistic, I'll call it an "ultra-luxury vehicle".

I once had to drive my moms car from the hospital and she accidentally kept her fob. It flashed no fob detected for over 34 miles. It won't shut off but you can't restart it after you turn the car off.

>Continued driving 34 miles instead of going back for the fob.

>Pic related is what I meant earlier. That's almost on the level of "insert a normal key and then press a separate button".
On the 430 Ferrari used the same ignition cylinder from the 360, so you can turn the key as if you were cranking, but it doesn't do anything, very exotic

same, what car you got?

I was taking it to her house she was driving my step dads truck HE was the one at the hospital.

Meeting up at same location. But thanks for being confused.

>Continued driving instead of stopping to get the key.

When I realized it I was already half way there and she was driving right behind me.

>hop in me mum's car
>instinctively search for ignition button
>takes me a few seconds to realize it's not there
>have to search pockets to find keys
>find them, now which one of these 50 keys is for the car
>finally find it
>stick the key in
>turn
>fails to start
>turn again
>starts up
>drive off
what a fuckin chore, i hope this key meme dies

It's a GT

ah ok

the key slot on my truck is so worn out I can now use a thin screw driver to start it

>feels good man

Yes, "your" truck, Miguel... "your" truck

>(the car starts even if you release it before it actually starts)

GM has/had a few cars like that, my 2007 lacrosse has that and the 2001 montana had that. Also seen it on a 2009 honda pilot. Not really a luxury/supercar feature

Cadillac CTS 2008

No, but I find it in every way better than a bloody button.

>have one of those rare fuckups where you stall the car at a traffic light by letting the clutch slip at a traffic light or something
>car doesn't start any more
The nightmares