/gtag/ - Grand Theft Auto General

>Crews for GTA:O
Join a crew by clicking link below, then posting your SC name and crew you want to join in the thread.
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/pc_gtag (PC only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gtag_vg_-_ps4 (PS4 only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gta_general_vg (all)
Other crews: pastebin.com/GtsCr3VL
>Steam Group - No heterosexuals allowed
steamcommunity.com/groups/gtagonlinevg
>PS4 Community - GTAG VG Community (No heterosexuals allowed here either)
To join the community, search the community name in "Discover Communities" and leave a request.

>Thread archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/gtag/type/op/

>GTA:O Unlocks by Rank
pastebin.com/bAr3Q5sT

>Helpful information for new players
pastebin.com/XEzpG0vB

>Lap time comparison for every fully upgraded GTA:O vehicle
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nQND3ikiLzS3Ij9kuV-rVkRtoYetb79c52JWyafb4m4

>Graphics settings guides for GTA V
gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1909-gta-v-graphics-optimization-guide
geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

>Patch notes for 1.35
support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/222662548
>Latest content added
rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52644/play-5-new-gta-online-cunning-stunts-races-today-new

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sd9_10U4ZyY&list=LLjdTB7PozAwx2idcfsPiiwA&index=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Muh Crates

ETR1 a nasty.

xth for political discussion in /gtag/

5th for cash money paycheck and would rather have shark dollars.

>jet cucks think they're clever by out running the homing missile
>as they pass over, RPG them over and over

top cuck

>wasting ammo with RPGs
dumbass

Uuh...

>not seeing jet cucks tear up when they say

m-muh muh CHEATS/LUCK!

What the fuck did you do to that 9F

>Best rims are only available as default on a few cars

>m-muh muh
Why do you write like this?
Anyway, just Heavy Sniper them if you know what you're doing.
Speaking of things being on cars by default, I wish the splitters on the Bullet were optional

How many shots should it take to kill a jet?

I've blown them up in like 5 before. But it's never reliable unless I hit the black engine part.

Or you can stop trying to tell me how to live my life, fucking fed.

If you spawn some BST from the CEO menu you can take any out in only 4 shots

BST?????????? THE FUK??????????????

Bull Shark Testosterone
How new.ru

Obviously this will differ since GTAO has less shit going on, so hopefully someone who plays SP can answer this.

I've got an i5-4690, GTX 970, and 16GB of RAM. 1080p. Everything is maxed out except for MSAA at x2+MFAA, Soft Shadows at Softer, no Reflection MSAA, no Advanced Graphics, and Grass at High.

I still get dips down to around 50 sometimes. And in spots on Vinewood Boulevard while standing still I stay at like 53. What fucking settings are you guys using for smooth 60FPS? Everything I've tried lowering stuff without going below the console equivalent settings I still stay around that 53 on the boulevard, and still get dips no matter what.

Is there a better driver version for the 970 than the most current ones? Is my CPU bottlenecking me? What the fuck is going on.

>JOIN CREW MEMBERS
>PLEASE JOIN A PUBLIC LOBBY

I JUST WANNA FARM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also I have that bullshit set in my Nvidia Control Panel so max pre-rendered frames is at 1, GPU prefers maximum performance, multiple threads enabled, using Nvidia's Vsync and AF, and using single display performance mode.

I just want to be able to play with no dips below 60, but I just can't find the right settings no matter what. Don't want shit to be too low though, want at least the PS4 equivalent settings.

I really think it's the drivers. Especially since Nvidia is known to fuck their "older" cards performance with new drivers.

Why must social club make my photos so low resolution :(

It's because your shitty card only has 3.5gb vram. When will nvidishills learn that amd is the only way?

Go into first person and disable hud then F12/the share button on your console.
Or even better, record a short clip then use the R* editor to get the perfect shot

I Upload them off my PS4, but it will only let you upload photos taken with the "camera" on the ingame phone, and not console screenshots

Doesn't the PS4 have a share button that instantly takes a snapshot of your screen or something?

Settings don't even reach 3.5GB. Only uses about 2.7GB VRAM. Good job though making a useless fucking post so you could bitch about nothing

Yes it does. But you can't upload it through social club or anything.

Because the 970 is shit and can't max this game out like you're trying to do. Get a fucking 980 Ti poorfag.

>spending hard earned shekels on a card from last cycle

With having a 970 I thought I'd suggest a cheaper card that can still do the job.

Not trying to max it out. I'm trying to figure out what the fuck I can lower/what the highest shit I can have but still get 60FPS.

Getting rid of MSAAx2 and using DSR to downscale from 1440p still looks pretty sharp, and seems to have less of a performance hit - but I have to run it in Windowed Borderless or else DSR looks like shit with aliasing everywhere, and with the game in Windowed Borderless I can't use Nvidia's Vsync, and if I have to use Rockstar's Vsycn there is horrible stuttering/frame skips.

I'm just hoping someone else with a 970 that gets 60FPS can let me know what settings they run at with the highest quality.

Just had the weirdest crate collection experience yet
I went to the pickup point but saw a van with crates in the back before getting to the pickup point and triggering the 'goods were stolen' objective, took it back to the warehouse and got kicked from the vehicle, then flew back to the original van and it finally registered that the cargo was delivered. 1/2

How high is your distance scaling?

lower everything in advanced graphics to nothing, worthless, all of it.

use the cheapest shadow blurring, youll never care.

Turn particles down to shit. Ambient occlusion is worthless.

If you can stand it, turning grass off gives you a huge boost and better for combat. Will look like ps2 tho.

2/2
So basically if this wasn't just a glitch that I somehow coaxed into occuring, if you have keen eyes you can find the stolen crate van before you even know it's been stolen.

It's at the max. Not using the one under Advanced Graphics though. Even tried lowering it a minute ago to the minimum and I still hung around 55 on the boulevard.
Literally not using anything under Advanced Graphics except the High LOD when flying one, and I haven't even flown.
>particles
barely a performance impact by benchmarks, and no ambient occlusion makes shit look flat as hell. fuck, even the ps3 has AO.
and no way getting rid of grass. this is the 970 - the friggen PS4 runs with Textures, Shaders, and Grass at Very High, Reflections and PostFX at Ultra, Shadows at High, AO and Tesselation at High and Water and Particles at High.

But even then I get dips down to 50. I don't remember it being this bad months ago. It's been a while since I played, and I know Nvidia usually puts out shit drivers

city lights tend to give everyone dips. They are all rendered perfectly because rockstar are an anal bunch. Where are your dips happening?

Also, the ps4 runs at 30 fps, probably with dips to 25 or so.

Usually just random points around the city, but vinewood boulevard can hang around the low 50s

Turn your normal distance scaling down to about half way.

You can save your SS onto a USB but youre a consolefag so Im assuming thats too much work for you.

>Even tried lowering it a minute ago to the minimum and I still hung around 55 on the boulevard
Barely does anything. I can lower shadows from Very High to High, lower Reflections from Ultra to Very High etc. and it will still stay at the same FPS. I feel like either my CPU is fucking me or Nvidia's drivers just blow since the 10xx came out

Yeah I saw that after I'd already posted.

I don't have any USB thumbdrives my man

Anyone know if there's a way of getting the green duffle bag anymore? The old parachute/hairdresser thing has been patched for a while now.

>doing stunt races for the extra dosh and RP
>see someone driving a Bestia
???
No way outside of using an external mod.
Which is a bit of a bitch because I just remembered I overwrote the only outfit I had with a green duffle on it so I have no way of getting another one now.

What's wrong with the bestia aside from the performance?
I love the way it (and more importantly the FF) look.

rate my slav

Nothing
But performance is the only thing that matters in a race and I've literally never seen one used ingame before other than the one I own
>leather jacket instead of a tracksuit
>no dress shoes
4/10

>quick job stunt race
>turbine
>first person lock and explode last place

i wanted an open tracksuit jacket, but that leather jacket is the closest there is. good call on the dress shoes though, that slipped by me.

To the user having fps issues, I have the same thing happen to me here and there. I locked it to 50 fps and it's never done it since. Could not find any other way to keep it stable.

Fucking nightmare fuel

I'm really hoping you guys actually hold the cinematic cam button or whatever that shit's called so you get a 3rd person perspective in races like this.

The only hosts who do this are salty fuckers.

I ended up winning without even using the cinematic cam that which is impressive considering how awful the FPV is on the BF400
Pic related

Even ironically. why would you make your tag this?

But there are and have been open tracksuits since deadgen

I could only stoop down to 'yiff'

>let's make functional collapsible roofs a feature but only put it on half the convertibles in the game

why

if i buy a bigger warehouse will i be able to buy cargo in higher volume?
currently i only own a small warehouse because i'm pretty broke, so i was hoping if i saved up enough for a medium warehouse i would be able to buy more than 3 crates at a time and turn a larger profit
pic unrelated

this is a honeypot if i ever saw one

3 only, no matter the size or amount of warehouese.

>joins the session
>immediately goes for a jet
>shoots two random CEO helos down
>then flies towards us
>webm happens
>immediately uses the minigun when he respawns
>calls his insurgent and runs away
Why attack at all when you're going to run away anyway?

Do not buy a medium warehouse, just go straight to large.

>talking to russians

>muh autism
>Doesn't know that cars from that era didn't have motorized convertible mechanisms

>muh car autism

>playing quake in gta
i want to make sweet love to your body for that shot

You know that cars have had motorized roofs since like, the 40s, right?
The 1975 Buick LeSabre (Manana) would certainly have one. Please stop saying dumb shit.

I've overshot checkpoints before but this takes the cake as the worst yet
still managed to win tho

>powerplay is forever stuck at %50 approval because nobody understands how to play it

If only this game was as predictable as (>webm).
Far too often on the jets lag or desync lets them get away with stuff.

it's teamdeathmatch with power pickups
what is there to not understand?

I fucking hate the canyon stunt race. If you don't exit whatever ramp/loop you're in at the exact right angle with the exact right speed you fly off the track and have to respawn and try the fucking ramp again
These races are some of the most fun parts of the game when they're made correctly but between the RE-7B being literally too fucking fast to not fly over checkpoints and catchup/slipstream they're also the most frustrating thing to try and do beyond heists with randoms

10/10 times if you pull up your quick menu and tell it to highlight special package the first van it highlights is the van with your goods. EVERY TIME. I think its because the van closest to you is always the one with the stolen goods so thats the one it highlights.

I HAVE DONE IT

Will it save if I leave?

What do you mean? You won't own the police chopper but it'll be repaired and there again most likely when you exit to roof

But do landed aircraft save between sessions?

lol no

Goddamn you are dumb.

No, why would they

whats the latest money glitch you cool kids are doing

the one where you keep repeating the last heist?

The one where you win stunt races and get mad cash while actually having fun

define "mad cash"

>45k for a 5 minute race

>And it only took five minutes of loading screens and 30 minutes of sitting in a lobby waiting for it to fill

>t. someone who hasn't played a stunt race
Lobbies fill up in seconds if you don't have literal third world tier internet

They fill up quickly and loading screens are very short

Also, they're FUN

I find the CEO missions to be pretty decent for making money. It beats wasting time on heists just for some retarded rando to fuck everything up 5 times and quit.

you get 1.6million profit everytime you fill up a large warehouse 3packages at a time. If you do a head hunter or some other 18k+ vip mission you get 2.2million profit.

You can always estimate the latency.

How long does it take to fill a large warehouse?

There are 4~ spawn point for that one it's not that rare. Real unicorn is the unarmed buzzard.

6 hours give or take
Still far, far better than any of the alternatives except maybe pacistandard glitch if you constantly have 4 reliable people (lmao)

do you want a short answer or autistic answer?

I can do a Fleeca heist every 20 minutes, from that you get ~1.5mil which is pretty good

short please

Please enlighten me on how a) you can do fleeca once every 20 minutes and b) how you get such a high payout

>short please
it takes about 5 hours if you own a buzzard

a. Alternate with someone to host
b. $86k x 6 hours x 3 each hour = 1.548mil

yeah but you can get 2.2mill in 5 hours just doing ceo shit in a solo public lobby.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sd9_10U4ZyY&list=LLjdTB7PozAwx2idcfsPiiwA&index=3

>2.2 mil in 5 hours

You're not subtracting what you spend on those crates goyim

And if you're doing VIP missions in between each crate run to cover costs it takes even longer.