XCOM General - /xcg/

Emergency Deployment Edition

Previous Mission: News:
1)Long War Studios have just released their Laser Weapons Pack and Perk Pack.
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712967878
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968

2)Shen's Last Gift DLC Released!
>youtube.com/watch?v=oHG_abjJLPM

3)XCOM 2 officially coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 6th.
>twitter.com/XCOM/status/740181548419272705

4) Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Piratez mod for OpenXCom: openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Guerilla Beats for Killing Ayys:
youtube.com/watch?v=vwBbrngafl0
youtube.com/watch?v=MVNQGUkRX_U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ChmyJ9K7T4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pistols are useful

So, first time playing ew and 2 countries left xcom right after the first rebels mission. Can I bring this country back? What can I do in order not to lose more countries?

>ew
You can't bring countries back. To prevent loss of countries, acquire engineers, build satellite buildings (forgot exact name), build satellites, launch satellites at the end of the month on countries that are about to leave (max panic).

>Your ship is shot down by a vessel with pirate markings
>Fortunately you are in a state of the art military vessel so you and nearly all your crew survive the crash landing
>You immediate set you ship's crew to begin working on sending out a distress beacon and trying to repair the ship
>The lookout you posted spots a large assault craft landing with the same pirate markings
>You rush to get everyone ready for combat and outside before the pirates can get inside and and potentially further damage your ship
>You open the door and see pic related

What do you do?

Context?

youtube.com/watch?v=7ChmyJ9K7T4

ALLAH

Surrender and pray they'll be gentle

PANIC

I hope you can shoot down fighters.

They must be butthurt I completed the research that makes them unable to persuade any more countries to shun us.

How does it work - if you shoot down one of the crackdown ships, does the crackdown mission stop, or is it delayed?

The crackdown ship has to "find" your base in order for the actual assault. Shooting down fighters cut the chances down pretty good, but they will probably send a follow up Heavy Gunship, and maybe a Cruiser after that.

Basically you want to shoot down the scouting ships to greatly reduce the chances of a base assault actually happening. Usually craft that are actually going to assault your base are to fast to intercept, or too tough for you faster interceptors.

>Good Night Nig

>Thinking they're going to stop
Nope, the existing mission will repeat indefinitely, unaffected.

And I gather all the crackdown ships are scanning for your bases, so shooting them down means they won't.

Holy kek, fortunately (unfortunately?) that's just her name shortened.

Ow, the edge.

I don't really care if they send more juicy ships every month, it just rustles my jimmies when they make countries withdraw.

I think this base is probably pretty safe - it's one of my auxiliary radar bases, and they mentioned fewer buildings == lower chance of detection. They haven't found me yet, at least.

>bio suit reduces your stats by that much
Not sure if want...

>Not sure if want...
Yes you do. Screw accuracy, just give everyone shotguns and kill everything. Blaster launchers still are 100% chance to hit. Nuclear Chainsaws can't miss. A soldier with good aim still gets 100% to hit with the advanced rocket launcher most other high aim weapons like the portable lascanon. You can tank a blaster launcher in these things, I literally spend most my missions stampeding my entire squad all over the map now since I know they there are only a few things that can kill them.

Those things are an unknown number of shots all hitting for high damage in a single turn. How many? I don't know, but the answer certainly isn't 5 or 6, they might not even be hurt.

What could kill you is someone with a super good melee weapons who attacks like 10 times in a single turn. That's about it. Alien grenades do nothing, Plasma weapons tickle, Gauss weapons tickle. And you regen 10% of your health so tickles don't amount to anything. Also it gives the most psi defense of any armor. There literally is not a better armor, if feels like I've activated God-mode for my soldiers.

Wait, what shotguns do actual damage?

How long have you had the armor? Do you imagine you'll get bored without the risk?

Not saying it's not awesome, just not sure I'd equip it on all my soldiers. Maybe for the final mission which I guess is what you're going for.

Archangel Armor WHEN?!

Good night, /xcg/. Remember to nuke your sectopods.

>Wait, what shotguns do actual damage
Boom Gun does 50 damage per pellet, I think like six pellets. Yeah its not the best against really heavy armor, but anything that't not power armor won't survive.

I've had the armor recently, but I've run through lots of missions recklessly with no concern of soldiers even ending the mission wounded. I don't have time to be bored, because I'm farming up for the final mission. I would get bored otherwise.

I'm equipping on all soldiers because once you have it, everyone else feels like a squishy liability.

Crazy Stuff.

Someone wanted to see the webm of memester grenading a crowd of friendlies last thread.

>/xcg/ will defend this

I won't

Yeah, seems about right. Why didn't you have a backup plan, shitter?

Are these streams archived anywhere? I feel like I've missed out by ignoring them

literally what is wrong with this

>using ballistic weapons
>ever
>at any time

Are you fucking stupid, user? Are you retarded?

gget fucked vposter

git gud
break los

Yeah, seems legit. What's the problem?
Other than you being shit at video games, of course.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't get it. Someone spoonfeed me.

Sorry you don't know how to break LOS?

>9 unique posters, but 9 post responding to a single bait post for a total of 10 posts.
Can we not.

>PROBLEMATIC

Frig off. XCOM is perfect. Git gud.

Literally all you have to do is explain that image.

There is NOTHING going wrong in this image. Any perceived weirdness is your own fault, /v/poster.

I don't get it. Why's this weird? Are you a baddie or something?

XCOM is a perfect game. If you're experiencing difficulty, you're just bad at it.

Yes, Well done Xcom, Well done.

HOWEVER

If its not on twitch under broadcasts or highlights, the you're gonna have to hope that the original user(s) who recorded it and made the webms still has it and is still here.

Actually now that I think about it, I might have a copy somewhere, I'll look for it tomorrow and figure out how to share it.

Have you considered getting gud?

>/v/poster STILL complaining about snipers

You know squadsight is LIMITED, right? Right? RIGHT??

Have you considered not being garbage at video games, for, like, several whole minutes?

I NEVER BROKE LOS ON NOBODY

I NEVER BROKE LOS ON NOBODY

>740x400
555-COME-ON-NOW

I don't see anything wrong other than your own play. Maybe you should learn how to fucking play the game before complaining about it.

Is this bait? Do you really not understand what you're doing wrong here?

Are you stupid or something? Do you not see what's going on? Fucking /v/ scrubs, fuck

This isn't even worth dignifying with a full explanation. QQ more, scrub.

>legend with tier1 weapons

i always forget how bad it is

Retards like you shouldn't be allowed to post.

Squadsight is limited, you fucking moron.

Its so hard to avoid that feeling. You get all the good gear and a part of you're mind equates that to gitting gud. You start up a new campaign feeling like you're gonna take it by storm, and then it slaps you in the face when you're down in the dirt again.

Do you even understand how the game works?

It's almost like it's a shit game where player performance doesn't matter, and only RNG does.

Maybe you should learn to fucking play instead of just complaining all the time.

G I T G U D

B R E A K L O S

Why do you keep posting screenshots of your own garbage play?

>600 years later
>/v/poster is still on the first fucking mission
lmao

Reminder that this poster has literally LITERALLY never beaten the game.

>/xcg/ is has defended this

Are you fucking drunk or something?

>is has
Oh. You are.

>all these (You)s
Damn, maybe I need to try being shit at XCOM too.

>Could have had that helmet (Space helmet does resemble it)
>Could have had that bangin armor for T2
>Could have had that Exo-suit rest for the gun

SOLOMON GIB ME ARCHANGEL ARMOR
GIB ME GHOST ARMOR
GIB ME MORE CYBERPUNK SCI FI
GIB LESS POWER-RANGERS

It's the museum map right?
I'm pretty sure they removed it in EW.

Swords are useless!

>give a fedora to my french shpee covert operator
>he takes it off when he goes on missions
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

holla holla get dolla

> aeiou

Stop right there necron lord

It was removed in EW. Tbh i've only ever seen it once, on my vanilla Enemy Unknown ironmeme impossible run, which is kinda harder without being able to get OP soldiers with Not Created Equally and also you lack some of the big damage sources from EW.

Lump's Ruler pack when?

>Gatekeeper ruler
>Sectopod ruler
Magnificent

>Codex Ruler

>Avatar Ruler

>100 hp
>makes a copy that takes 5hp every time its attacked
>all copies get Ruler Reaction

AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP,

unknown

>no proper XCOM merchandise

I just want a nice-looking Vigilo Confido poster for fuck's sake.

>He hasn't made his own Bradford sweater
Disappointed in you famalam

>knitting
I'm not an old granny, you know

I have an XCOM pin attached to my backpack for when I'm running around. No one has noticed. Yet.

Where'd you get it?

Ebay. It was given out at a convention or something, so I found and bought it for like $20.
>pic related

Upon further research, it appears to have been given out at E3 2015.

I am officially jelly

YES, STRONK RUSSIAN BEAR WILL DESTROY WEAK DED BODY

EU/EW Plasma weapon replacers for XCOM2 W H E N

So, /xcg/, I found one cause of that random bug that crashes X2 games (the 'Pure virtual function being called while application was running (GisRunning == 1)." bug). Turns out that if you uninstall the Advent Titan mod during a campaign, even if your most recent save is on the Avenger, it'll spawn that bug. Reinstall it? Everything's fine.

tl;dr;: Advent Titans: so OP, they'll murder a campaign just so you *have* to fight them.

>using such shoddily-made cheats
You've had it coming, really.

>Shitposting Intensifies
This is what I get for trying to be who Mister Rogers knew I could be. Fuck you too, user.

I appreciate you user Someone needs to help all those unwashed leprous cheaters out there.

No.

They are tools of Justice.

Agreed.