Thoughts on the Volvo c30? I'm thinking of getting one. daily driver, only driver

thoughts on the Volvo c30? I'm thinking of getting one. daily driver, only driver.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C1_platform
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They seem to get good reviews

Looks great, T5 engine pulls nicely and sounds fantastic, handles alright, quite comfy. Shares a bunch of parts with the Ford Focus, I believe.

It's kinda heavy though, which makes it slower than you'd expect with a turbocharged inline-5 engine under the hood, and it's not as practical as you might want from a sensible, Swedish hatchback.

The back looks pretty weird. I kinda like Volvos though because it's not
>American
>Japanese
>German

Swedish has a uniqueness factor which sort of appeals to me.

Didn't we have this same thread two days ago?

Yes.

I think they're attractive, inside and out, and have enough grunt from the T5 to keep it interesting. The handling is supposedly just okay though.

Good choice for a DD.

op here,

this or a gti?

Not a Saab

do you value performance or comfiness?

make sure to get the right trim

complicated

C30 owner here. Picked one up last year and can thoroughly recommend as a nice, comfy daily. Get the drive version for economy, the T5 for fun, maybe the 2.0 diesel as a third best option, other engines are too slow, too thirsty or both. Factory climate control is good if you can get it.

Pick up some roof bars if you plan to haul anything because the luggage space isn't great.

In America we know got the t5. No diesel.

Only* got

we have em fucking every day...

>OP
Get one with the "R-Design" package, just prepare for a lackluster interior..

Aren't all T5s R-Design? And the interior is alright, very simple and Scandinavian. I hear the lighter leathers age poorly, turning a sort of piss yellow, so grab black if it's available.

It's built on a ford platform. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C1_platform

Mechanically, they are the same car
R design has a bit of factory rice body kit thats it
both have the rear wing spoiler though

Its a pretty good car over all, comfy as fuck seats, way heavier than it looks, so dont expect great performance or mpgs out of them
Its a car that likes to drive slow but can go fast if you convince it
Makes most of its torque around 1500 and boost is around 3500
Brakes are mushy, same goes for the suspension tune
Its really a car that LOOKS like a track hero, but in reality is a long distance GT with a fucking awesome stereo

For some reason they never came in AWD even though they share all parts with the S40 T5 that is AWD

Polestar tune/edition is a big fucking meme, they promised 400HP and AWD with the Polestar C30 concept and all they delivered is 250HP FWD when the stock T5 does 240HP(230 for pre facelift models) so stay away from it

The most important question, which engine?

Why would anyone get anything but the T5?

Oh boy, you must be new around here.

Its a heavy as fuck car even with the 230hp engine and I couldn't imagine having the 140hp 2.0 engine would feel good to drive around even as a grocery getter.

can you change the media? that stereo player sucks. can you get a GPS screen or something? aftermarket?

What suspension would you put on it to make it not bobble so much, also what brakes should I give it?

Totaly different cars.

Make up your mind first.

Theres a 170 version.

140 deals with it pretty fine.

That car doesn't need a v-ate, you know?

Ricer mentality.

>10 speakers dynaudio stereo sucks

go eat a dick

I said the player. the actual display.

Not really. You may be able to get a single din unit in there, but you would lose the display for, for example, setting the clock or setting the climate control and fan speeds, so even if you can, don't.

It has an aux port so you can attach whatever player you like through there I guess, as the other user said, it's quite nice for a stock system anyway and aftermarket audio is all but dead on any car built in the last 5 years.

>buying a cuckmobile

>Taking the bus.

They look pretty cool, have 5 star crash test ratings all around, decent amount of storage in the back with seats removed.